Miss Edith's A Doll A Week 2018 I Hope
She's lovely! The sadness just oozes out of her, even with her new friend smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Yay, week 2! grin
What a special custom girl. I can well imagine you were thrilled with the amount and quality of the work. I agree, she does indeed look sooo sad Cry

(01-12-2018, 06:44 AM)davidd Wrote: You might noticed that the "click" sound the camera makes in dark scenes is slower than it is in bright scenes....
LOL Best explanation I've ever seen of shutter speed for beginners!
Don't give up, Miss E. "You only fail if you don't try..." smile And I'm so pleased you joined in with this challenge. It can sometimes be really frustrating when the camera won't do what we want it to do (again I lament the hopefully-temporary semi-retirement of my beloved simple film camera LOL )
Sometimes you just have to take a break and go at it another time.
Like next week! wink
(What kind of camera are you using?)
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
funny you should mention "fall" Allie, that was what really finished me yesterday. Simple fact, I move much out of this chair, odds are good I will fall. Several long boring explanations. I was so determined to get a clear front-on shot of this doll that I ended up ... on my end. Once that happens I am unable to move at all really the rest of the day. Add to frustration & depression ...

Anyhow, that was yesterday. davidd, thanks so much for your explanation smile It is so much clearer than this photo LOL The one with her sitting on Santa BB's lap was definitely the clearest. Also one of the closeups (the one I didn't use my incompetence & make her even more ghostly for ha)

Allie, I am not going to give up. I am just sorry in advance for the drop in quality on this thread compared to all the others. I am determined however to at least show the faces of most of my family this year. Effects like the porcelain thing I did to this at least make them more interesting :/

I updated my lil basic digital 'aim & click' just recently. It is still a simple beginner's camera but it is 10 years newer than my other. It's a Nikon Coolpix A10. It was cheap(er) and it is really light and small which is great for my shakes. It has "new" stuff to me, after using the old one I would hardly know lol. When I do manage to hold still it takes a good photo I think, good enough for me anyway.
I really appreciate your encouragement x
Everyone else's also of course grin
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
(01-12-2018, 12:54 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: Allie, I am not going to give up. I am just sorry in advance for the drop in quality on this thread compared to all the others.
HEY. It's not about comparing your photos to someone else's. No mater what you are photographing, somebody will always be better than you, and somebody will always be not as good as you. As long as you are having fun with what YOU are doing.
I took a yoga class once, where the instructor said you shouldn't be looking at how far the person beside you can stretch, but at how far YOU can stretch and is it an inch or two farther than you could a week or two ago. I think we could make a comparison here. After you've shot a bunch of photos, do you think the later ones are better than the earlier ones, and who cares what somebody else shot.
You've been here on Dolly Market well before I joined, and I am really looking forward to seeing your collection. So have at it! grin
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
you give good pep talk smile thankyou, again. As I said, I am determined to show off all my beautiful family after 9 years of them nagging me Tongue
She is a lovely , sweet and gorgeous ghost. Even a chicken poo like me would be able to talk to her grin
Diane and Kitty did wonders! Love her outfit and face. I also love that she doesn’t have a wig . I can admire her face even more.
thankyou Offgenemi Heart 2 I always wanted her bald, I think Diane thought it odd. She posted a photo of her with an interim wig LOL. To me, that was her and as you say, one can see the faceup better smile
Is Suadade what became of the pale MIO? She's wonderful either way.

Sometimes I can get the shot I want within a few clicks, but quite often I'm taking many photos, moving around the doll to get different angles, and changing her pose. If your camera lets you do the half click to autofocus on something, that helps a lot when there is a lot of contrast between the doll and the background.
yes she is CB grin I have meant to say that 100 times. You can see why I needed a pale mio, thanks to you & Kitty & Diane I have my ideal girl.
Lovely. Thanks for sharing, Miss Edith. smile
It is nice to get to know people through their collections on this forum.
[Image: 39827251401_1556599c64_c.jpg]Lady Stardust by Mz Black Widow, on Flickr

this is Lady Stardust aka Ziggy depending on how they feel that day. They are a custom by the lovely TimmiLynn @ Omacha Crush. She had done one for herself and I just mentioned it, not expecting, and next thing you know .... Heart 2

***truth about why I am late with week 3. I took this a week ago and then it was gone from my head. Didn't upload, nothing. And I had no clue we are up to week 4!! even although I have been commenting daily on everyone else's.

I took week 4's today but I will post tomorrow so it doesn't feel like cheating.
(01-22-2018, 12:29 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: [Image: 39827251401_1556599c64_c.jpg]Lady Stardust by Mz Black Widow, on Flickr

this is Lady Stardust aka Ziggy depending on how they feel that day. They are a custom by the lovely TimmiLynn @ Omacha Crush. She had done one for herself and I just mentioned it, not expecting, and next thing you know .... Heart 2

***truth about why I am late with week 3. I took this a week ago and then it was gone from my head. Didn't upload, nothing. And I had no clue we are up to week 4!! even although I have been commenting daily on everyone else's.

I took week 4's today but I will post tomorrow so it doesn't feel like cheating.

I LOVE HER SO MUCH OH MY FRICKEN GOSH EDITHHHHHHHH<3 THIS IS THE BEST <3 <3
Awesome idea for a custom! Congrats! I wouldn't worry about being late. You get to make the rules.
Those clompy boots are the best!

If you switch over to A Doll A Day you might be less inclined to forget. ;-)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I recognize the boots, they're My Scene (the big headed Barbies).