CB's A Doll A Week 2018 - Complete!
I love these two dolls! Their stock is amazing!
I'm still kicking myself for not getting one of the cheap, sample sale Leroys last year...
Ra Muw definitely has one of the most ready-for-adventure Pullip steampunk outfits. She looks more "practically attired" than some of the more elaborate Pullip steampunk costumes.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Thanks! I feel no need to rewig, rechip, or redress Leroy. She's perfect the way she is. I agree that Ra Muw has one of the more practical outfits for the Steampunk dolls. Except for that hose thingy, I'm never sure what to do with it.
[Image: 45068147795_eb5939354c_z.jpg]
ADAW 45/52: Gyro has such dark, soulful eyes for a hunk of plastic.

[Image: 45068148025_a50b6da895_z.jpg]
ADAW 46/52: I find Pluto to be very photogenic. Which surprises me, with that pale skin of his.

And now I'm pretty much caught up and maybe I can stay that way until the end of the year.
The costumes on this pair are remarkably elaborate. Do you find it difficult to keep them looking good? In my experience, Pullips with a lot of costume detail can be quite fussy to maintain.

I agree with your assessment of the eyes on Gyro. Some Pullips are like that, very "alive" in the eyes. Others kind of have that vacant, toylike stare.
Those cloth gears on Gyro's outfit fall off all the time. Or rather some of the time the whole gear falls off and some of the time it separates from the backing and falls off. Pluto's other bits and bobs are in a baggy in a box, so I haven't had any problem with his outfit. Gyro was a sample sale doll, so I'm also probably missing some of his stock.
Pluto looks so great in this wig! My Pluto's wig is a disaster, so I might get something similar for him.
All the steampunk dolls look amazing.

If I ever got any of them, they'd stay in their outfits - I'd be too worried I would lose bits of it.

Fingers crossed you can stay on top of it for the last part of the year
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Yeah, neon_jellyfish, my Pluto's wig was a disaster. I don't know what it is about red wigs on Groove dolls, but they are often frizzy out the box.
Thanks, Lejays17!
[Image: 31112270877_3fa0f5a229_z.jpg]
ADAW 47/52L Staying with a Steampunk theme, here is Azone Lil' Fairy Allen. He has his telescope strapped on and ready to travel with him where ever adventure may take him.
This little guy is one of the most "anime looking" dolls I've ever seen! He reminds me a lot of the character Pazu from the film Castle in the Sky.
Oh, he's really cute - and nicely following the steampunk theme.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I love the soft, warm colors of this photo!
I've been trying to resist Azone, but their steampunk dolls are awesome! And the level of detail on their 1/12 dolls like Lil' Fairies is just stunning.
Thanks!  The one thing that bugs me with these dolls in photos is you can pick up shine on the eyes.

[Image: 31344080097_dc1c4a04d5_z.jpg]
ADAW 48/52: Tokidoki Hello Kitty Violetta, my Black Friday, PullipStyle splurge
Now that is what a great Pullip photo looks like! Technically proficient in every regard, and an exceptionally pretty doll!

You make it look easy, but I know from ex-perience that it's not.

Congratulations on the new arrival!
Thanks, and you missed that hair sticking out toward the right. It's the static electricity time of the year.