Lejays17 Doll-a-Week
These are very pretty figures, and they bring a much-needed dash of color to the onset of winter. I was admiring these photos on Instagram earlier this evening. I'm glad you also shared them in a larger format on the forum.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
They're a nice colourful bunch for 'winter' -- and you know, I'll take your greeeen 'winter' any day wink
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
FOI Ashlynn was the one who broke my "sig-only" rule. Now I have a variety of non-sig EAH dolls.
We are coming into Spring here, but where I am we don't get snow, so we do have green winters. The closest to snow is the hail-storm a few weeks back.

No EAH this week, as I got a new Pullip for our anniversary this week!

I attended a pre-wedding-party for a friend, so my new girl Hattie (Mad Hatter in SteampunkWorld), and Toni (Cheshire Cat in SteampunkWorld) came along for the day out. My friend thinks that they're really cool, and she specifically asked if I was going to bring someone - I hadn't planned on it until then.

[Image: df0f3af4073b8bf9e9ce6e7c2f5564ce.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
That's so cool your friend ask you to bring your dolls to the party! Hattie and Toni look awesome together.
Agree! It's great you have a friend who thinks your dolls are interesting.
It must be reassuring to have IRL friends who think your dolls are fun. But then, these steampunk dolls are so totally cool, I don't know how anyone could fail to find them fascinating!
Well that's cool, having a friend invite your dolls to the party too smile How did folks react? Maybe you can help "enable" someone else to get interested in Pullips.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thanks all! It is very cool that i have a IRL friend that likes my Pullips, and is always interested in what I'm doing with them. This is the friend who made the little knitted shawl for Zoey (who immediately lost it to Maeve, who it suits much better).

They did get quite a bit of interest from some of the other guests - one said that she dressed "just like the red one" when she was younger, and took photos of both of them to inspire her next costume-party-outfit. And another collects dolls as well, but she more focusses on baby dolls and vintage porcelain ones.
My friend wants grey hair just like Hattie's when she gets older. Her mum said that chances are she'll go straight from brown to white, as that's what most of the older generations did. LOL
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Amelia took a pretty standard "selfie" this week - off centre, and on an angle LOLLOL

[Image: c11525b449ce6d2ce04d394317dc2b63.jpg]

This is the Cape Shanck Lighthouse in the background - I've lived "near" (being within 100kms) of here since I was born, and this is the first time I've ever been here. And we did a lot of travelling / camping when I was younger...
She looks so cute, and I can see she's enjoying the trip. And the light is great!
I enjoyed seeing the rest of the photos from Amelia's beach adventure on Instagram. I always like lighthouse photos!

"Off center and on an angle"... yes, typical selfie composition! LOL You must have put a lot of thought and effort into carefully creating that "selfie effect." yay
No more thought than a typical "selfie" takes! I pretty much held her arms out straight to get the right camera-distance, and then held her in one hand, and the camera-phone in the other, and clicked the button. I was really pleased how it turned out, it was just what I was hoping to get when I did it.

We did some gardening this weekend - it's summer veggie planting time! (we planted corn, tomato and blueberries this year. Plus lavender as I love the smell of it)
Daisy our gardener was helped by Nyxie, who was rather pleased to see that the fruit will match her hair.

[Image: 4c4e7387052113ddd88a0e152f3c05b7.jpg]
Adorable little gardeners!
"Summer veggie planting time." That sounds so appealing, considering that we are well into the opposite season at this point. Your little helpers look quite enthusiastic, and even have their own gardening tools! With such competent assistants, I'm sure the garden will flourish!
Oh, I wish I was planting summer veggies, instead of wondering how much longer I can leave the carrots & beets out, & whether my scarlet runners are too frosted to finish developing. Nyxie's hat & sunglasses are great! she looks just like a stylish suburban gardener.
Cool that you got to visit somewhere new. Cute selfie! Did you go up the tower? It looks like a cool area with lots to do.
...I also live near a lighthouse that was built in 1859! And you can go up it and they've made the interior into a bit of museum.
Many Maritime Canada lighthouses are being decommissioned & abandoned. Are they any better at preserving yours?