Lejays17 Doll-a-Week
Darla the wedding crasher! She's becoming quite the rebel! But she dressed very nicely for the occasion.

Your Amelia looks lovely in her green gown. I love the way you've draped her in the fairy lights.

I'm happy you found another "doll friend" (of the human type) at the wedding. Our "underground movement" is slowly growing! I wonder how many people are out there in public or at events who have dolls stashed in their cars or handbags or backpacks, secretly hoping that somebody slightly more bold will show up with a doll or toy displayed so they can bring theirs out, too?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Amelia's dress is gorgeous!
How cool that someone else brought a doll too.
There's that lovely green dress again. Both of them are certainly dressed for the occasion. Darla's outfit is super cute too. Glad everyone had fun.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Amanda (the other doll) was specifically invited with her own invitation - she's quite a favourite possession.

Amelia & Darla were merely gate-crashers.  I didn't get a photo with Amanda, i'm kicking myself about that.

Daisy our gardener is having better luck with the tomatoes this year (it's helped that we cover the plant with bird-netting every night so the d**m possum doesn't get to the fruit!)

[Image: e740fa9b00107312d55e57ed9b6f182d.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(12-11-2018, 03:53 AM)davidd Wrote: I'm happy you found another "doll friend" (of the human type) at the wedding. Our "underground movement" is slowly growing! I wonder how many people are out there in public or at events who have dolls stashed in their cars or handbags or backpacks, secretly hoping that somebody slightly more bold will show up with a doll or toy displayed so they can bring theirs out, too?

The doll-owner's sister actually asked me when we first got there if I'd boiught one of the dolls as the doll-owner had bought Amanda and was hoping she wasn't the only one smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
How sweet of you to plant a "possum garden" for the delight of your little marsupial friends!
Err... I mean... what lovely tomatoes! I'm sure they will be wonderful and delicious if once they reach maturity!

(12-16-2018, 09:49 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The doll-owner's sister actually asked me when we first got there if I'd brought one of the dolls as the doll-owner had bought Amanda and was hoping she wasn't the only one smile

So... you apparently have a reputation now as "that doll person," huh? And even the guest whose doll received an invitation was hesitant to bring out her doll until you arrived in the company of your little friends! You have become a leader in the covert Dolly Underground Movement (acronym: D.U.M.)! We shall henceforth be turning to you when we have questions about the strategy and tactics for Dolly Deployment in public venues.
[Image: role10.gif]
I'm glad Daisy's tomatoes are ripening nicely! Hopefully those darn possums won't get to them...
(12-16-2018, 09:46 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Amanda (the other doll) was specifically invited with her own invitation - she's quite a favourite possession.
Wow! What a cute idea! I love it. What a fun thing for dolly people to do -- for any party and not just weddings -- to invite guests to bring a favourite doll.
Daisy looks very diligent with her tomatoes. I'm sure she'll take good care of them and keep that rotten possum off! We had a great big cherry tomato when I was growing up; it went right to the eaves. I miss that. The deer would get it here, and I'm not so on-the-ball as to cover & uncover it regularly.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I picked the first ripe tomatoe the other day, and it was yummy.  Just waiting for the others to ripen now...

This week's photo:

I did a test-knit for a designer (the design was based on an old patchwork quilt she owned).  The idea is to knit as per the written pattern, and let them know if there are any issues with it before it is released for sale.
I volunteered to knit a triangle shape with a garter border (there were a few different shapes and borders to test).

So Elinor was my elegant model for the finished object (the designer thinks it's a cute way to display - other's have made blankets for teddies but mine was the only shawl)
[Image: 98c4000950e134331f474f2ba179d461.jpg]
How cute! She'll be warm and cozy for Christmas! ...Oh, wait... She's gonna be warm and cozy in June!
That's interesting. So you are a "beta tester" for knitting patterns?

Definitely an eye-catching way to display the finished pieces.
That's cute! Doll and shawl both. And what an interesting idea about test-knitting -- of course it makes sense that someone has to do it!
Yes, it's like beta-reading a piece of writing. Test-knitting is quite fun to do - you get a "sneak peek" at the pattern, and the ones I've done I've been given the finished pattern as a Thank You for doing it.
I only do projects I'm interested in, and if I have the time to do it.  There's hundreds of thousands of patterns, and I just don't have time to do them all  Cry

Final photo of the year for me!  I've really enjoyed doing the weekly photo, and I plan on doing it again next year.  And since Chris has finally signed up himself to the forum (instead of lurking in my log-on), he's going to try something similar too.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone!  Thanks to everyone who's commented during the year, and who've encouraged us all doing this challenge when we've thrown our hands in the air and declared we were giving up / it's too hard.  And especially davidd & neon_jellyfish, sticking out the doll-a-day version!!  I did it last year, and it was really TOUGH!

[Image: d4d27a30c341fe96005ad0e34cc3649d.jpg]

and a couple of bonus shots of the crew milling around waiting for their call-ups
[Image: 0368bd0f380b6b3a5f7f661611c01960.jpg]

[Image: 8155b3b8761cf03bd56c7c3bda331d90.jpg]

[Image: f214eb6cb3b23ea3b377b502fde3beec.jpg]
Congratulations on completing... and surviving... A Doll A Week!

Good job luring a new victim... err... I mean a new recruit into our ranks!

The "waiting in the wings" photos are pretty funny! The logistics of a multi-figure photo are surprisingly complex!

Nice pic of Steampunk Cheshire Cat!

Best wishes for a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!
Yay! Congrats on finishing the doll-a-week! It's been fun to see your crew's adventures. Cheers to you and Chris both for being ready to continue (and start) next year!
(Hmm... looks like there's some kind of ritual going on in that third pic -- Meredith looks a lil worried LOL )