Super Bowl Sunday Surfing Safari
Not being big football fans, the Pinky Street girls started a tradition back in 2006... yes, 2006... of going surfing on (nearly) every Super Bowl Sunday. Of course, they lived in Hawaii back then, so it was easier. Since they moved to Utah a few years ago, their Super Bowl Sunday surfing excursions have become a bit more challenging.

[Image: superbowl2018.jpg]
2018: "I think the water is a little bit too cold!"

[Image: 2017_4.jpg]
2017: "Uhmm... we must have taken a really, really, really wrong turn somewhere!"

[Image: 2016_2.jpg]
2016: "This... isn't the beach I remember from last year!"

[Image: 2016_7.jpg]
2016: "I... think... I might cry...."

[Image: superbowl2013_2.jpg]
2013: Shredding on da North Shore!

[Image: superbowl2013_1.jpg]
2013: Kowabunga!

[Image: superbowl2011.jpg]
2011: Palm Trees in Paradise on da North Shore of Oahu

[Image: superbowl2010.jpg]
2010: Ka'ena Point, Oahu, Hawaii

[Image: superbowl2008.jpg]
2008: Sassy Surfer Girl on da Beach in Hawaii

[Image: superbowl2007_2.jpg]
2007: Surf's up at Kaiaka Bay Beach Park

[Image: superbowl2007.jpg]
2007: Babes with Boards – North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii

[Image: superbowl2006_2.jpg]
2006: Head high and hollow: an epic North Shore surf day coaxes the
Pinky Street girls away from the big game on Super Bowl Sunday and out to the beach
for what will become an annual tradition.

They're not dolls, they're action figures!
These are all so cute!!! The one from this year made me laugh super hard. xD Poor things, I hope they get to go actual surfing again one day for the Super Bowl!
OMG I love all of these! They are so stinkin' cute!! I mean, just... XD LOL
Fantastic lighting for having to shoot with sun and snow. And the fact that there's no sense of how tiny they really are; the perspective is great. So hard to even pick a favourite... the one from 2016 in the car with the snow, and "surf's up".... And "Babes with boards" is adorable.
I spent a winter in Hawaii.... I miss it.... SIIIGGGHHHHHH Heart
Would love to see more of their adventures.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
These are all wonderful photos! However, I am partial to the Hawaii ones since I get enough of winter in Ohio.
These girls are so much fun! I love your collection and more , their photo albums smile this years photos are no exception smile
They're all very fun! yay But that ice pick... LOL I do think that water might be a tad bit cold.
(Your Pinky's adventures are sure neat! :3 )
<3
[Image: 49035651448_1fbe84a2fc_o_d.jpg]

[Image: superbowl2019a.jpg]
2019: Rainy, Snowy, Windy, Muddy... and Stuck Inside

[Image: superbowl2019c.jpg]
2019: Arright, gang, it's time to DO something about this!

The girls face the grim reality that their fourth Super Bowl Sunday in Utah finds them
stuck indoors due to cold, wind, rain, snow, and mud. In response, they pro-actively decide
to start re-building their beach house that had to be left behind when they moved to Utah
from Hawaii. The staircase seen here is the only part of the house they were able
to salvage. (It was also the most challenging element to construct.)

There is more behind this undertaking than simply having a cool house again, although that is the
short-term objective. Longer term, this will be a "visualization" or "power of positive thinking"
project. The girls, and I, are ready to live someplace warm and tropical again, someplace where
Super Bowl Sunday surf sessions can be a reality rather than a fantasy. Hawaii would be great.
Florida might be an option. I mean, warm weather and manatees, right?

There's more to this, but it was making the caption too long. Anyway, Super Bowl Sunday 2019
was, from a surfing perspective, a total bust. But from a Looking Toward the Future perspective...
maybe not.

Oh, and, Happy Imbolc! Today marks the astronomical midpoint between the winter solstice and the
vernal (spring) equinox. Technically, then, today is the first day of spring! YAY!
While the snow ones are both amusing and a little sad, I do prefer the Hawaii ones on the beach.
That's awesome idea for Super Bowl Sunday tradition! Cute and funny photos and cute and funny Pinky Street girls! Good luck with The House of Positive Thinking project! (And now I made it sound like a lunatic asylum, didn't I? Sorry wink)
Yay, I love this Super Bowl tradition! I’m excited to see their beach house take shape!
(02-04-2019, 08:11 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Good luck with The House of Positive Thinking project! (And now I made it sound like a lunatic asylum, didn't I?)

'Lunatic asylum' sounds about right, actually! LOL
[Image: 51881219260_11d4bcc8c3_z.jpg]
13 February – Super Bowl Sunday 2022 – Daytona Beach, Florida
It was fun to look through all these again. This time I was struck by the idea that their little car (3rd pic) has a face, and he looks rather worried LOL
How cool that your wish to be somewhere warmer, came true. Now, to build the beach house!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(02-14-2022, 01:16 PM)Alliecat Wrote: It was fun to look through all these again. This time I was struck by the idea that their little car (3rd pic) has a face, and he looks rather worried LOL
How cool that your wish to be somewhere warmer, came true. Now, to build the beach house!

The car was probably cold.
it's such a cool tradition, and yay for an actual beach to take the picture on this year!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)