Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
davidd - thank you very much! I think it might be about time to consider getting an actual camera (although I do like uploading directly from my phone). But I also think we could bet on how many times am I going to reconsider and use that money to get another doll instead LOL

Alliecat - what an interesting idea! Thank you, I'm definitely going to try it!

GreysPrincess - I think dolls can cure more than modern science is willing to admit wink

Day 182

[Image: 7d943b29e9c20301da2c21ab0a8669e4.jpg]
Oooh! You're perfecting the "swamp lighting" technique! This one looks really spooky! I like the backlight through her hair! The one visible eye and her pose that combines alluring with menacing makes for an eerie, mysterious scene!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(07-02-2018, 05:20 PM)davidd Wrote: Oooh! You're perfecting the "swamp lighting" technique! This one looks really spooky! I like the backlight through her hair! The one visible eye and her pose that combines alluring with menacing makes for an eerie, mysterious scene!
Why, thank you so much!

Day 183

[Image: 8998c092633005ca340482d3f0b6c1a0.jpg]

Zombie Little Mermaid
Zombie Little Mermaid, that's pretty funny!
She's a lot less scary in the full light of day! Although she does look more than a little bit insane.
She looks like me at work too early in the morning trying to look perky like I've had enough sleep XD
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
She looks more obnoxiusly trying to be cheerful in the morning than actual zombie.

I actually preferred the spooky shot to the non-spooky shot, and why does a mermaid have feet?? Does she still have a voice too? smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thank you all! Alliecat and Lejays, you're actually sort of right about the 'morning flabbiness' - her skirt isn't stretchy and so her legs cannot be posed to support her weight, so making her stand still was almost impossible. It was almost like trying to make a real corpse stand on its own, she just kept falling. As for why she has legs, my theory is that mermaid tail doesn't allow that typical zombie-style shuffling, so she needs legs in order to be a proper zombie. She has a voice. That's how I know she craves chilli instead of brains.

Day 184

Breaking news! We interrupt Real Zombie Sightings to bring you Neon's newest doll and the grailest of the grails - Aurora!

[Image: 2b5cefcb2add83c7839097333c79aa81.jpg]

I don't have name for her yet.
Wow, her hair is REALLY long!

She is gorgeous! Lucky you smile
She's gorgeous, and a perfect fit for the rest of the family. Love the frills/train on her dress
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Oh my gosh! Your Aurora is absolutely stunning! I think you could finish off the second half of the year with nothing but photos of Aurora and I wouldn't complain! Or, well, maybe feature her throughout July, anyway.

Congratulations on acquiring your Grail-est of Grails! She is definitely grail-worthy!
Definitely more Aurora pics! I can't wait to see her with your other steampunk girls.
Thanks everybody! I need to finish my OUAZ photos and EAH is due after them, but I promise I won't keep her to myself, I'll post more Aurora, who will probably be Rebecca Morgenstern by that time, in the beginning of the next week.

Day 185

"Give it back!" "No, first do the 'off with the cat' thing, I wanna see!"
"...so as I was saying, the new Copperford & Sons' line of teakettles is absolutely tea-mazing!"
"Ally, where the heck are we?" "No idea..."

[Image: 3131a67ffa80fd8904b2ef71cf1fbbea.jpg]

Me and my wonder-crew wish you mad, crazy, kooky, batty, cuckoo bananas, lunatic, insane and absolutely fantastic Alice in Wonderland Day!

And happy July Fourth to those of you who celebrate!
How interesting! 4 July was the date in 1862 When Rev. Dodgson, aka Lewis Carroll, first told the tale, verbally, of Alice's adventures to the three Liddell sisters while picnicking along the River Thames.

Your Wonder Crew are quite wonder-ful, and I suspect that were the Reverend Dodgson and the Liddell sisters to have stopped by your house that afternoon, the girls would have been so enchanted by your collection that they would have quite lost interest in the rambling narrative of their friend and the famous story would never have been told.

Then again, playing dollies with Dodgson may have been the most marvelous fun, resulting in even more inventive tales!

Do all of these figures fit inside your light tent? I may need to seriously look in to investing in one.
davidd - tiny tea party for Reverend and dolls, perhaps with switching chairs, would have been so much fun! And yes, these all fit to my tent. I have 80cm cube, and I wouldn't want smaller, because when I want to fit multiple dolls in the shot and therefore have to take the photo from greater distance, sides of the tent start to show up when I'm not careful, which would happen more frequently if I were using, say, 50cm cube.

Day 186

[Image: f2b1be1467e5e0168e8d274e5c1fc72e.jpg]

And now back to Real Zombie Sightings!
Ooooh! A spooky red-haired zombie is stalking through the swamp!
I am not familiar with this line at all, but at a guess, the long hair
makes me think this might be Zombie Rapunzel.

Or maybe Zombie Lady Godiva, since she seems to be using her hair to
preserve her modesty.