Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Daughter of the Evil Queen. I believe this was supposed to be some kind of "exclusive" edition, at least here in the States. Walmart exclusive, maybe? The stores used to have tons of them, and they became "shelf-warmers." She has nice hair, but her armor is not particularly impressive compared to the other Dragon Games releases.

Pretty photo, despite being underexposed. The low-key lighting suits her machiavellian machinations.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She was a store exclusive here in Toys R Us, I agree she's not as impressive as the other Dragon Games outfits, but also she's not wearing armor - she's just stepped out of the broken Magic Mirror, so her outfit is supposed to reflect (smile ) that.
Her hair is a lovely colour, in contrast to the muted outfit colours.

Oh, and Faybelle looks angry all the time because no one appreciates how hard she works to be the Dark Fairy Godmother. I love her translucent wings, and her general colour scheme.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
davidd - she's not exactly daughter of the Evil Queen, but I don't want to spoil it for you in case you decide o watch Dragon Games. As Lejays said, she's not wearing armor, but rather fancy jewelry. As for her being exclusive, I have no idea, I only know she didn't appear here at all, luckilly one of my favorite stores ordered her for me.

Lejays - I really like her colors, but they're a pain to take pics of... She's getting partially lost on both black and white backgrounds...

Day 230

[Image: 8e8dc4210a3791f3da0288c9ae6ecdd5.jpg]

Melody Piper (Core Royals & Rebels - Wave 6). She's daughter of Pied Piper. She's an excellent DJ. Her outfit is more MH than EAH, not as fairy tale-ish, and it makes her stand out. Her headphones are fabulous! Here's another picture to show them off, and also her tattoo:

[Image: c007089fb9b1ff550651b9168395322f.jpg]

Melody shares Ginger's head mold. Based on webisodes, Briar's or Holly's would suit her better, but I don't care, I love Ginger's mold so I'm happy to have another 'incarnation' in my collection.
(08-19-2018, 07:51 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: davidd - she's not exactly daughter of the Evil Queen, but I don't want to spoil it for you in case you decide o watch Dragon Games.

Sorry... I meant to say "Teenaged Evil Queen." It says so right on the box. blush

Melody is an interesting character. Her face is more "brooding" than most of the other characters, who tend to run more toward "cute." I always thought her name was clever.
I like her streaky hair color.
I realize I've only ever seen a few of this line of dolls, so these are new ones to me. The red/black/white colour scheme is nice. The streaky hair could be fun on a Pullip.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The thing I liked about Melody is that she has a tattoo, which is very unexpected in a fairy-tale line of dolls. I also really like her red & white streaky hair.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Day 231

[Image: 9a2f2207309429a1c8163a48c4e06c7c.jpg]

Justine Dancer, daughter of the Twelfth Princess from Twelve Dancing Princesses. I'm seriously baffled by this doll. In theory, I got the First Chapter, Wave 3 release (signature re-release), which should have had the new smaller type of head, but I don't know - her head is bigger than my spare re-release Melody's, but also a teeny tiny bit smaller than my other original Core Royals and Rebels releases. Maybe they just screwed the resizing for Justine, so her re-release doesn't match neither the old, nor the new size... She comes with weird armor-like corset which totally looks like something Darling would wear and doesn't match Justine's ballroom theme, so I display her without it.

Three more dolls to go, and I'm done with EAH. Then I want to take a short break from doing portraits of my dolls, I have a fun little project in mind, but I don't know if I'll be able to do it, since I'd need to get outside and we have one heat wave after another with zero rain, it's really getting insufferable. If the worst comes to the worst, I'll continue with portraits and save that other thing for later.
EAH Justine is such a lovely doll! I seriously considered purchasing her... I don't remember which version... but I could never find one at what I considered a reasonable price for an EAH doll.
She's very cute, but also one of the many I've never seen from the EAH line.
davidd - same here - I was looking for another Justine, the Core version, but no luck.

Cornflower Blue - EAH has less dolls than MH, but there's still quite a bunch - 211, if I'm not mistaken. The line quietly died out before MH did, so there won't be new ones, unless Mattel decides to revive the line some time later...

Day 232

[Image: 47c6e4bd30532556a7a2078a6f2c155f.jpg]

Signature Blondie Lockes - Core Royals and Rebels, Wave 2. She's daughter of Goldilocks from Goldilocks and the Three Bears. She can pick any lock with her hairpin, she's very tough food critic, and she has a hard time choosing things that are 'just right'. She can seem like a stuck-up and nosy girl at first sight, but she's a fun, kind-hearted character and I like her a lot. That's why I got her, eventhough I didn't need another blue-eyed blonde.

When I first learned about Goldilocks and the Three Bears, it seemed like a very unusual tale to me, because Goldilocks is common girl. In Czech fairy tales, character translated as Goldilocks is always a princess whose hair is actually gold, not just blonde. Soft and light like normal hair, but shiny and metallic like pure gold. There are several variants of the tale and I love them all.
(08-21-2018, 07:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: When I first learned about Goldilocks and the Three Bears, it seemed like a very unusual tale to me, because Goldilocks is common girl. In Czech fairy tales, character translated as Goldilocks is always a princess whose hair is actually gold, not just blonde. ...There are several variants of the tale and I love them all.
Interesting! Are there any of these tales online that you could recommend?
I always love gold & blue together. She's cute. I don't think I know of the "Twelve Dancing Princesses".
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Her golden hair is quite lovely, and looks radiant against the dark backdrop!
Alliecat - sadly, I didn't found any online versions, not even in Czech, let alone in English.

Usually, Zlatovláska (=Princess Goldilocks) is being held captive by some evil sorcerer who wants to marry her but she refused, or even by her own selfish and avaricious father, who wants her hair (=effortless income), and the hero (usually prince, but not always) of the story finds about her somehow and goes to rescue her. It usually involves magical animal or people with some superpowers - the prince helps them, just because (without knowing they're magical), and they in turn help him. There are always Herculean tasks to get done, usually three, and if prince fails to complete just one, he must die, if he clears them out, he can take the babe. They always seem impossible, but magical friends are there to help. These tasks differ and overlap with other fairy tales, and involve things like guessing three riddles, getting treasures guarded by dreadful beasts, killing other dreadful beasts, guessing which one of many girls covered with cloth cheap-ghost-costume style is the real Zlatovláska, and so on.

As for The Twelve Dancing Princesses, I wish the dancing was more important in this one. They could have been playing soccer and it wouldn't make much of a difference...

davidd - to be honest, her hair is too yellow for me, but other than that, I like her color scheme.

Day 233

[Image: ba0dd41ac508832d2f036afdaf76afed.jpg]

Core Royals & Rebels (Wave 1) Apple White. She's part of the EAH main crew, she was one of four solo releases that (together with one 2pack) launched the line. She's daughter of Snow White. I don't really like Apple, I only have this doll because her face reminds me of my preschool teacher, who is the sweetest and kindest lady I know. I plan to get her (er, the doll, not my preschool teacher) some new clothes and I'm mustering courage to do a reroot - her hair is dry, frizzy mess. But her face is beautiful!
Until the Dragon Games line appeared, Apple White pretty well represented the idea I had of what EAH were like. They are... or were... definitely very "pretty" dolls, and very well made, but they lacked the morbid edginess of Monster High that I found appealing.

As usual, your photo leaves me second-guessing myself and wondering if I should have been more interested in these at the time they came out. I really enjoy seeing your wonderful photos of all these figures that I paid little attention to before.