Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Lejays - thank you!!!

Day 121

[Image: 7dded0ed20a14dba87709115b060cef4.jpg]

I have to confess that I had troubles taking pics of my Gigis. Not one of them seemed to be good, but I got tired of it, so I went with the most acceptable ones. These two dolls might be my least favorite from my MH horde. I still love them and I'm happy to have them in my collection, but its more like I appreciate a ton of things about them, but not the dolls as a whole? Does that make any sense? I think it might be the pink skin. I like pink, and usually I don't mind pink dolls, but some particular shades of pink don't click with me. I didn't get Gooliope because of that, and it might be the same issue with Gigi...
I don’t know much about MH girls. But these girls are pretty I like the color change in their hair. Gooliope pushed me away for the same reason. I like pink in small doses but brighter pinks are harder to look at for prolonged time grin but these girls are very pretty and rocking their looks smile
Gigi Grant is a remarkable Monster High release, largely because of those wonderful hands. The original Monster High figures included a variety of subtle references to old horror, fantasy, and science fiction movies. Gigi's long-fingered hands with claw-like nails, as well as her hairstyle and her pointed ears, are a particularly obscure reference, based on the frightening genie portrayed by actor Rex Ingram in the 1940 film, The Thief of Bagdad.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Offgenemi - thank you!

davidd - I know! And I love that about her! I basically love everything about her, like her hands, her ears, her whole body-mold with scorpion details, I love her tattoo, her outfits and accessories and OMG those shoes!, colors in her hair, her screening, but eventhough I love so many things about her, Gigi as a whole doesn't work for me for some weird reason, the gestalt of Gigi doesn't come together in my brain, she's "just" a bunch of awesome things. Again, I blame the pink. But I do love her, in a way.

Day 122

[Image: 368e3413b04a1c3f0f7162f1a23514a7.jpg]

[Image: 0f5d34d34f88c45d82f473dca4902a66.jpg]

Can't decide which one is better...
The first one looks like she just landed in Wonderland and is a little disoriented (in a totally charming way!). smile
(05-02-2018, 10:55 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: ... the gestalt of Gigi doesn't come together in my brain, she's "just" a bunch of awesome things.

Interesting analysis of Gigi... and, I agree, fairly accurate. She's not my favorite MH figure, but she's really cool! And yes, those shoes!

This version of Alice is impressively nice! Heart 2
I don't own Gigi (because I dislike pink. I can take small amounts of pastel or salmon pink but I rarely buy anything with hot pink involved) Your photos are awesome, as always. I love the hair style, the hands - your photos always show the best parts of your subject to perfection.

I love love love Alice, both photos. She is so soft & sweet yet goth themed.
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
I do like pink, but Gigi just does not appeal to me. I think she doesn't look ghoulish enough.

Your Alice is very pretty.
dargosmydaddy - oh you're right, she does look like that! Curiouser and curiouser!

davidd - thank you! I love pretty much all Alice dolls, but this one looks almost like a ghost, and I can't get enough of it. I have a little headcanons for my Pullips, and she's a funeral home owner in my... well, it's not really story, nothing ever happens there and I can't come up with stories (I envy you, in a good way), it's more like a setting. I need Taeyang Undertaker for her...

Miss Edith - oh my goodness! *blushes* Thank you so very much!!!

Cornflower Blue - thank you!

Day one! Two! One, two, three, fo... Sorry. Felt like making a bad joke, because my day count was getting so monotone. Day 123

[Image: 2582639989e73bdb0e0a81455543d606.jpg]

Boo! Paranormal Day!
Your "Paranormal Day" photo makes me want all of them! (I only have Vandala and River.) Such a mysteriously spooky photo of this ghostly group!
Ooo, Alice is very pretty. Your paranormal girls are nicely posed and all looking at the camera -- sometimes tricky, isn't it! You should be doing advertising photos for Monster High. smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I thought the paranormal/haunted series was an interesting direction for the Monster High line. I'm partial to Sirena who is my collection, but I've never seen this version of Rochelle.
the haunted series is one of my favs - freak du chic being the other. Your photo is beautiful & Allie is so right, you make the dolls look their very best unlike a lot of stock photos!

Before your ADAD started I only had Sirena from the group. Now I have Twyla, Vandala, River also and Draculaura as well. I love them all. I have never seen Rochelle in this series either.
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
You guys are too kind! You're constantly making me blush. Thank you very much for your kind words!

davidd - go for it! They're all great!

Alliecat - thank you!!! It is tricky to make them all look to the camera, and I usually don't care all that much - I try to pose them well, but I don't mind when it doesn't turn out perfectly, but for Paranormal Day photo, I wanted them to stare a bit at the viewer.

Cornflower Blue - thank you!!!

Miss Edith - thank you very much!

The Getting Ghostly Rochelle was distributed very oddly - they were in Europe, there were quite a lot of them in Australia (in some places, they became shelf-sitters), but there were almost none in US and Canada. No idea why.

Day 124

[Image: 5e3762df88733406d465b13f33df30cc.jpg]

Vandala Doubloons - the ghoul with invisible nose. And it's the same issue with River and Sirena.

[Image: 8e663c9b70d384c96e4e1de47460298b.jpg]

Sooo... I'll be done with Monster High by the end of May. I started with MH, because it's my biggest collection, and I'm posting Pullips as they come, but I don't know which line should I focus on next? I could go from biggest to smallest, or do all my Mattel dolls and then move onto other brands, or I could follow the themes of the dolls and go monsters - fairy tales - humans, in which case Novi Stars would be up next. I'm leaning towards the last option. What do you guys think?
"Invisible nose!" Ha ha ha! I hadn't really noticed that before! Nose or not, Vandala is one of my favorite MH releases because of her intricately detailed costume. Plus, y'know, "pirate ghost."

Your Monster High photos illustrate just how lovely these figures are in their stock versions. While there are many impressive Monster High custom figures that are truly stunning, the standard issue dolls were amazing works of art for "play-line" issue toys.