Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Ghouls getaway Elissabat amuses me a lot - the idea of a vampire at the beach smile

I think I did 3 "milestone" pics last year? 100 Days, Half-way, and Made It all the way.
I didn't do a 200 days as that's about when I had the flu and struggled to even eat at times
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
That's exactly why I got her!

I do remember 100 days and the last one, I don't remember half-way through, but I was absent a few times... But that doesn't change the fact that I took that idea from you wink

I'm planning to do 200 and 300 days and the 'I did it' one (remember, neon! You're planning to do the 'I did it' photo! Don't you dare give up before you get there!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 102

[Image: 71a2fa4da4281c8a80fb7ee8a0f4e4c0.jpg]

13 Wishes / signature Twyla. I don't know how many of you watch the movies and webisodes, but Twyla has an ability to blend into shadows and emerge from them wherever/whenever she wants, and I tried to capture that.
That's a great representation of Twyla fading into the shadows. Do her eyes glow in the dark ( I seem to remember sme of her releases did).

The half-way wasn't obvious in that it didn't have any words/sign. That was the one with the heart-shaped cake & the minis with glitter (candy/sweets ones).
Excellent that you've planned an "I did it!" Shot - just keep remembering that when you struggle to think of things to do
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
You did an excellent job on the shadowy girl! Curious what you did for lighting. Maybe I will think about a "halfway there" pic; although one a week is not nearly so challenging as daily, especially since I shoot a lot of pix anyway.

(04-12-2018, 09:38 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Ghouls getaway Elissabat amuses me a lot - the idea of a vampire at the beach smile
Well, you know, magic daylight-rings and all...
...oops, wrong fiction... Oh well XD
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(04-13-2018, 10:20 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 09:38 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Ghouls getaway Elissabat amuses me a lot - the idea of a vampire at the beach smile
Well, you know, magic daylight-rings and all...
...oops, wrong fiction... Oh well XD

As long as she doesn't "sparkle."

The Twyla in the shadows pic is pretty neat, and effectively accomplished from a technical perspective.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Lejays17 - thank you very much! Yes, 13W Twyla's eyes do glow in the dark. Mine has only very faint glow. None of the other Twylas I have features glowing eyes, I think it was just 13W.
That's a good point about how planning the final photo can help me complete the challenge! And feel free to comment only on this thread, so that you don't have to type it twice, I just don't want to abandon the MHA thread, so I'm still posting there.

Alliecat - thank you! I made the light softer by adding layers of white plastic bags on the lights and then I tried to make the picture as underexposed as possible without making the doll unrecognizable.

davidd - thank you!

Day 103

[Image: 18ba26b799771ee7366d8ab58d61cf7c.jpg]

Haunted - Getting Ghostly Twyla.
Another lovely "emerging from the shadows" Twyla photo!
I love your Twylas, especially the 2nd one Heart 2
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
Getting Ghostly Twyla is amazing!
Thank you, guys!

Day 104

[Image: 5bdd88a8a359f6ca20afe411e7a57a22.jpg]

Freak du Chic - Noir Twyla. I also have a black-background photo.

[Image: 69a01728852276db2b018c219493f170.jpg]
What a spectacular Twyla! I love the black background shot! Good lighting on the figure, yet the background is totally dark.
your photos are so good smile Guess who I picked up cheap on ebay last night ... Haunted & Freak du Chic Twyla, plus Haunted Drac, Clawdeen & Vandala, River Styxx & Honey Swamp Freak du Chic grin

I am very happy, they were all from the same lovely seller so postage was minimal and they are all 2nd hand but in fabulous condition. This time you were the enabler neon LOL I had never seen these Twylas and they are stunning dolls IMO.
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
I love that shadowy Twyla picture! Twyla is one of my favorite girls so I like all of them you’ve taken of your Twyla’s!
davidd - thank you! I like the pose on 'white' pic better, but everything else is better on the 'black' one. Taking good pics of pale dolls with black clothes is somewhat knotty...

Miss Edith - thank you! Congrats on your haul! I'm glad I could be of enabling service wink

GreysPrincess - thank you very much!

Day 105

[Image: e0c9612230188b7b4352be4a76d46a50.jpg]
I love seeing all 3 Twylas together. I think I should have gotten the Freak du Chic one.