Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Oh, wow! This is an amazing group of goth goddesses!
Heart 2 Heart 2 Heart 2 Heart 2 Heart 2
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That's quite a gang! Although, the girl with the big head pretty much looks like she's in charge! XD LOL
Hope your day was better. Ugh, isn't there a landlord one could contact about the fish corpse!?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
what a beautiful photo & the same to you
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
davidd - thank you very much! I actually wanted to put all my goth dolls in there, but the tent was too small...

Alliecat - the girl with the big head IS in charge, hehe. Her Insane Majesty The Lunatic Queen Isadora Malvolia The Very First is the queen of all my Pullip dolls and also queen of everything within her reach. She wasn't even my first Pullip (although I did want her as my first, but she was out of stock, so I got Alura), but she demanded that title with very resolute hearts in her eyes LOL

Miss Edith - thank you!!!

Day 143

[Image: 052d4c0c998001f9444d0e388ca1da21.jpg]

Toralei Stripe from Freak du Chic line.

[Image: 07e67c255d15f4a40d34cd15ccdb9b93.jpg]

Can't decide which of these two is better:

[Image: 814523b0bb2d4423f42c195ae8700763.jpg]

[Image: 1647fb6db059c3d8dfc044a7236dd96a.jpg]
What a stunning version of Toralei! I do not recall ever seeing this figure in person, and I definitely have never seen photos of her that were this impressive! Wow! Just... wow!
davidd - thank you so much! She's such a beauty, and a very pleasant model.

Day 144

[Image: b6efe592a82a9a5ebe9798db88fa9bb3.jpg]

Today is the first anniversary of my Pullip collecting! And I have so many I can't even fit them into one photo without photobox showing! 7 Pullips and one Byul.

[Image: 3ba8df263bc552f4549317c8e11c20f2.jpg]
What a gorgeous group of girls!
Goregous group of dolls - I said elsewhere that Florianne doesn't really fit in with the rest of the aesthetic (steampunk/gothic) :0
smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Happy dollyversary! grin What a pretty family.
Of the 2 photos that you're not sure which you like better, I like the first one, with her looking upward a little more.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
You've only been collecting Pullips for one year, and yet you have learned to photograph them so well! I still struggle with Pullip photography after... I don't know how many years.

I like seeing so many steampunk-ish Pullips in one photo.
dargosmydaddy - thank you!!!

Lejays - Hehe, Florianne is mad scientist style botanist/royal gardener, so she fits in because of her personality (she's that 'looks cute, but is totally crazy' kind of character). Her backstory isn't done yet, because I want to get the pink version and make them sisters. This is my problem - I keep coming up with backstories that require more and more dolls... LOL

Alliecat - thank you! I'm leaning towards that one, too.

davidd - thank you so much! I actually started plying with doll photography because of this challenge. Before that, I took a shot now and then, mostly outdoors ones, but I never attempted 'serious' photography. But then Lejays started posting her challenge photos over at MHA, and I couldn't get enough of them, so I decided to give it a try myself... And I'm glad I did, it's a great way to add even more joy to my doll hobby!

Day 145

[Image: 7e29df2eedb4db8e56685a8422e93b07.jpg]

I'm really tired, so just a quick snap of my Fright-Mares - Fawntine Fallowheart and Skyra Bouncegait.

And these are all my MH dolls! I'll be posting photos of dolls from 2-packs actually being together for the rest of May, and I'll do Novis after that!
The Frightmares are some of the spookier MH figures. I find even these small ones a little bit oddly disturbing.

I love the way you get such a velvety black background in your light tent. What materials are you using for the floor and the back?

The lighting on the figures is always excellent, with no glare or "hot spots" and no distracting shadows. The difference in tones between Fawntine and Skyra would normally make a photograph of them together somewhat challenging. Are you using a 2-lamp or a 3-lamp set-up?
davidd - thank you very much! I'm using flocked infinity background with velcro, it was available as accessory for my photo-tent, and I have two lamps. I have very basic light diffusers, usually I'm only using one, to make light from one lamp dominant. When I need more diffusion, I use opaque white plasic bags (I have to be careful and quick with those, as the lamps get hot as hell and the bags can melt way too easily) wink I also move the lamps closer to / further away from he tent, to make the light brighter or less intensive. And I also move the doll around the tent to see what the light does in different spots. Most of my photos have light coming from both sides, darker or mysterious ones only from one side. I hardly ever use frontal lighting (I did it a few times, but I don't remember in which photos). Diffusing the light is the key to avoiding glints and sharp shadows (although I still manage to get some awful over-exposed spots now and then).

Day 146

[Image: 0c848617caab4260fc59fb2c41aac296.jpg]

CE Draculaura and miniature Count Orlok puppet wish you all happy Dracula Day!
the wee frightmares are very cute and Draculaura is gorgeous. She is the nicest Drac I have seen & your photo of course is stunning.
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
Those Fright-mares are rather grumpy looking for such small ones. Draculaura is gorgeous, too.