Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Hahaha!
I still hope to one day find a cat ghost in one of my photos, but no luck so far Cry

Cheshire Pullip is very tempting. And thanks for posting the size comparison photo!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
With 1500% corroboration from both BIN and MIB, how could there possibly be any doubt?
LOL LOL LOL
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Thanks everyone!

Day 294

I'm so under the weather today, like, six feet under... So just a quick blurry snap of a terribly under-rated ghoul, with filter to make whatever imperfection that's in there look fully intentional.

[Image: d1f0c41bb8a508032ed38135b365a591.jpg]

And, as always, the non-prettyfied one:

[Image: 151f6d0a89fb9b5719f4a40da235e0fe.jpg]
Lovely photos of Jane Boolittle!
As you note, Jane is somewhat under-appreciated. She did not seem to get much publicity, and at least where I was living she was not widely available.
There is a typically in-depth review of Jane with lots of photos at The Toy Box Philosopher website: Jane Boolittle review
Describing Jane as "the daughter of Doctor Boolittle" rather than as the offspring of an actual historic or legendary or famous monster seems a bit out of character for the line. I guess Mattel was running out of real monsters by the time Jane came along.
davidd - thank you! Jane's backstory is certainly lacking, if I recall correctly, Dr. Boolittle found her in the jungle, had no idea what kind of monster she is, and adopted her, and that's it... I'm sure there are approachable jungle tribes with some nice folk tales involving a monster or two... Oh well. Webisodes didn't help her either - they came out of nowhere, didn't really fit into the story and felt a little forced, so they didn't spark a hype for the new doll. I was going to pass on her, it was only after I saw her in person that I fell in love with her.

Day 295

[Image: fb31df6b127c747bcb9edf43a8f22921.jpg]

Super-studmuffin, lomo-fied.

[Image: 59ca200f3dfd3ae82b3ad923334d2a82.jpg]

Super-studmuffin, not lomo-fied.
The lightly lomo-fied effect helps turn Super Steampunk Studmuffin into a subtly radiant dreamboat; I'm sure that's the picture all the steamunk Pullip girls clip out of the glossy magazines and tape to their bedroom walls.

Yeah, it's too bad about Jane Boolittle's weak backstory and lack of direct monster heritage. The doll is very well designed. The idea of the hidden pen in her staff for writing secret messages is pretty cool!
The filtered version of Jane makes it look like she's under a black-light bulb. Your studmuffin looks suitably... studly? LOL I prefer the unfiltered one.

(10-23-2018, 01:30 AM)davidd Wrote: I'm sure that's the picture all the steamunk Pullip girls clip out of the glossy magazines and tape to their bedroom walls.
LOL Someone needs to do a shot of that.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Gorgeously stud-muffin there.

And a very cool idea of Alliecat's. I might try that when I have a bit of time
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
He looks gorgeous in both photos! I like that Groove tried something a bit different for his eye and eyebrows.
(10-23-2018, 12:01 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I like that Groove tried something a bit different for his eye and eyebrows.

Came to say the same thing about his faceup.

What great portraits of him. Lovely photos. I like the shadowing coupled with the reds.
Thank you, everybody!!!

(10-23-2018, 01:30 AM)davidd Wrote: The lightly lomo-fied effect helps turn Super Steampunk Studmuffin into a subtly radiant dreamboat; I'm sure that's the picture all the steamunk Pullip girls clip out of the glossy magazines and tape to their bedroom walls.

LOLLOLLOL Oh my... ...LOL

(10-23-2018, 04:10 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 01:30 AM)davidd Wrote: I'm sure that's the picture all the steamunk Pullip girls clip out of the glossy magazines and tape to their bedroom walls.
LOL Someone needs to do a shot of that.

Oh my! LOL

Day 296

is utterly stupid! Gonna call filters to the rescue. Again.

[Image: ca754d5fd980a9b9cad6ca7f3ab50512.jpg]

[Image: 15cda640aa2a4678bbfb37348a444ef8.jpg]
Heh! I do the multiple filters thing almost every day at this point!

Cute portrait of one of the cutest dollies evaaar, in both filtered (the old-fashioned damaged print effect suits Frankie perfectly) and non-filtered (green gorgeousness galore) versions.
davidd - thanks! Sig Frankie was the first MH doll I ever saw, and it's her 'fault' I started collecting them Happy

Day 297

New arrivals! Finally, no other doll made me ditch Laura this time, and after getting hot steampunk guy I obviously needed a cool gothy one, so I went with Sebastian (I love that character, although this doll will get a new one).

High key isn't my thing, I really, REALLY prefer low key lighting, but Sebastian's clothes downright disappear on my black background. Not even Wilhelmina vanishes that badly. I'm tired today, so I decided to leave figuring out light magic tricks for Sebastian for another day, and switched to white background. The dolls are visible on it, but I don't really like this photo, so I - you guessed it - used filter once again! This is turning into filter-themed week awfully fast...

First, the original photo:

[Image: 8ac6d3349c2654ec9961415dad343aba.jpg]

And the filtered one:

[Image: 65da44b9ce70ab990127ee5165b6b2ea.jpg]
Yay! Laura has finally arrived!

I can see why Taeyang would disappear into the black background.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Your Laura's lace gloves look much better than the ones on my Laura. I took them off. Now I need to find them and take a closer look. I wonder if there are glove variations?

I like the unfiltered version here. It looks like an exceptionally clean product photo.