OK to ask about shipping?
I'm sorry to bother anyone! Let me know if this is in the wrong area.
I have a dal I am selling for $30 (in a small box), but have an inquiry about shipping to France. What would be a reasonable shipping fee to ask?
I have sold more expensive dolls before, and used priority mail express internationally before, but that seems very expensive to ask for a used dal! And the USPS website for international shipping is a little hard to figure out.
Thanks for the help!
(08-27-2018, 04:56 AM)pink anemone Wrote: ... but have an inquiry about shipping to France. What would be a reasonable shipping fee to ask?

My advice would be: DON'T GUESS!

Wait until Monday, take the doll and the shipping box and all the shipping materials to the post office, stand in line until you get to the counter, and ask them directly. Have them weigh the parcel and explain the options to you.

I have lost money on shipping so many times that I no longer ship internationally, other than selling eBay items and using eBay international shipping.

Chances are, the shipping cost will not be "reasonable" by any definition. It will probably be more than the cost of the item. International shipping costs have become absurd. Also, shipping costs just went up again, and the parcel weights that qualify for various shipping services changed, I discovered last week when I went to mail an item.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I hesitate to ship to anyone outside the US, unless they are someone I know I can trust, without tracking. And the options with tracking are very expensive.
Okay, thank you very much!