my first pullip, a Tiphona!
my first pullip, a Tiphona! blush

I am so in love with her! I knew how big a pullip technically is, but she's still bigger than I imagined. it's a really wonderful size.

she has a more casual outfit coming in the mail (hopefully? I bought it on etsy almost two weeks ago and it's not here yet :S)
her dress and accessories are beautiful and her overall design is great but I'm dying to get her out of it and into something more casual. I love lolita dresses and all but they're just not "me" lol.
I do have a wig and eyechips picked out for her but I want to enjoy her stock look for a while.

not sure what her name will be. it's between three or four names, I'll just have to spend more time with her to figure out which one works best.

I'm really looking forward to "spending time" with her and "getting to know" her.

in the future I'll post additional pics of her to this thread! I'm still trying to figure out how to photograph these dolls. I want to capture how lifelike they look, how alive their eyes are, but I'm struggling to capture that. I guess I'll have to practice a lot. right

[Image: 2vuf2ow.png]

[Image: dxcpcy.png]

[Image: 23wpnur.png]
Yay for your first Pullip! They are pretty striking when you see them for the first time in person!
I think your photos are fine -- I especially like the one with the unicorn. Making them look 'alive' is a challenge I enjoy too. I just try to make the poses as realistic as possible -- would a real person pose this way? -- and make sure they're looking right at the camera if they're supposed to be. If not, that can be OK too, like in your first pic.
No doubt you will find that one leads to more.... smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Oh, she's spectacularly pretty! I like the soft, "old fashioned" look to her outfit and hairstyle. And are those green eyes? They're lovely! I think you chose extremely well for your first Pullip!

(I don't think I could bring myself to change out those eye chips! yay )

(09-01-2018, 12:29 PM)toylockette Wrote: I want to capture how lifelike they look, how alive their eyes are, but I'm struggling to capture that. I guess I'll have to practice a lot.

Taking a "really good" Pullip photo has been my goal since I purchased my first Pullip, back in 2009. And so far I have failed. I have yet to be happy with any of my Pullip photos. They all fail to capture the "essence" that you describe.

Plus, I have a difficult time with their hair. Stray hairs are the bane of my doll photography!
slash

Your excitement about your first Pullip really shines through in this post.

And those first photos are actually quite nice!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Lovely first set of pics - hope to see many more.

Some of my favourites of the ones I take are ones where I don't "try", in that I make a minimal fuss & just aim the camera & click. It seems to bring out their personalities much more.
The main thing I've learned is to have fun, and to take lots of pics in slightly different angles to get one that I'm happy with.
I learned this trying to get a good pic of Becky (Aquel) in certain outfits or on certain angles, she has a very creepy vacant stare. She's the only one of mine that has that issue.

She really looks sweet and I'm looking forward to see you bring her personality to light
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Congrats! She's very pretty... I love her eyes, too!
thank you everyone for the welcome, yes I really am quite excited about her!

(09-01-2018, 01:18 PM)davidd Wrote: Oh, she's spectacularly pretty! I like the soft, "old fashioned" look to her outfit and hairstyle. And are those green eyes? They're lovely! I think you chose extremely well for your first Pullip!

(I don't think I could bring myself to change out those eye chips! yay )

yes, her eyes are like a sage green color. they are stunning! her color palette is pretty amazing. I want to change her look eventually to make her my own unique doll, but I am definitely going to enjoy her current look for quite a while first. *_*

here she is, chilling with me last night before I went to bed:

[Image: seaf68.png]

[Image: 2qls74z.png]
Congrats! Tiphonia is a wonderful choice! Just keep taking lots of pictures and you'll find the angles that work best for you.
Congratulations on your first Pullip.

Tiphona is one of my favorites although I don't own her.
She is pretty fancy in her original outfit but she will look just as adorable in a casual outfit too.
I love that second set of photos of her!