Pullip Street. Review and pictures.
Pullip Street is the second Pullip release. (Counting Debut as #1 and Wind as #1.5). So she come in a box that aged badly. The glue holding many T1 boxes together seem to be quite weak and "dry" over time. So that "sealed" Pullip is no longer sealed. No matter, the box is going to be thrown in the recycling bin anyway.

[Image: l9ymmt6.jpg]
[Image: IxLSRuQ.jpg]

As a T1, Street don't come with any doll stand nor character card. Only an add pamphlet. The very same that came with Debut, and most likely Wind too.

[Image: st8zjjx.jpg]
[Image: ZlAk64Q.jpg]

Street come with 2 accessories. Her skateboard and her handbag. The handbag is perfect. The clip allow her to wear it across her shoulders. The skate is good enough but it's baffling that it don't have any design under. An unfortunate oversight.

[Image: FuJ6XKV.jpg]
[Image: YVdi7vX.jpg]

Street's joints are nice and tight so she stand relatively well on her own. Still, I'll use a stand bought separately after that picture.

[Image: aqu0lzs.jpg]

Street is very urban in her look. Like for Wind/Debut, she have a belt chain hanging from her hip. Her clothes are simple yet stylish.

[Image: Myh7nAn.jpg]

The holes in her shirt are a nipple-slip away! LOL

[Image: 9lRMBbA.jpg]

Her pants have some shiny flakes glued onto the fabric. It's hard to show on camera but it's pretty nice.

[Image: SUNF76B.jpg]
[Image: YJ1FgeG.jpg]
[Image: 51PTdQ6.jpg]
[Image: vdW2xP3.jpg]
[Image: 0FJvrqQ.jpg]

Her face-up is pretty basic, like Wind. Not the prettiest, but good enough. Also, she have the typical T1 "eye-gaps". Plus her eyelids have no make-up and can't fully close. Her eyechips are MAGNIFICENT. A very intense and bright golden. Mine have a tiny stain on top of her nose. I'm fine with it. It's a tiny zit. Her hair barely have any frizzes and is silky smooth, like Withered's.

[Image: G4CWKka.jpg]
[Image: 6gSAitM.jpg]
[Image: ZNzdbOl.jpg]
[Image: ivtv6qb.jpg]
[Image: 6XCnUdR.jpg]

Will I recommend Street? Definitely! Especially for below 100$. This old doll held herself pretty well after all those years. Happy

[Image: 9o2brQR.jpg]
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
Another great unboxing review of a scarce early release. I believe I mentioned in another topic how impressed I am that you were able to find the first three original Pullip dolls, complete and in-box, within a month or two and at reasonable prices. Probably not too many people have this trio in their collections.

I have never seen a Type I in person, but your clear close-up photos do a good job of conveying what they are like. It's interesting to see how the Pullip design has evolved and become somewhat more refined over the years.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(11-10-2018, 01:06 PM)davidd Wrote: I have never seen a Type I in person, but your clear close-up photos do a good job of conveying what they are like. It's interesting to see how the Pullip design has evolved and become somewhat more refined over the years.
Thanks!

To see the Pullip evolution was my objective. That why I wanted to own at least ONE T1. But of course, I couldn't stop at just one! Unless I find some other incredible deal, like a T1 Noir for below 100$, I think I'm done. The others dosent interest me at all and Leprotto is just a pipe dream.

davidd, I'd highly recommend that you get yourself one of those 3 urban T1. Withered is easy to find, but Wind/Debut and Street seem to come back from times to times like a comet. And their prices are bafflingly reasonable. Don't forget to buy an extra doll stand if you pounce on one of those girls. Happy
New Pullip collectors tend to be drawn to the bjd/realistic type faceups of the current generation of Pullips. T1's can often be had for reasonable prices since there isn't the same demand for them, which is too bad. I feel they have a lot of personality and there can be some variations in the faceups since we suspect they were hand painted.
It may be my "vintage collector" side that make those "prototype" T1 Pullips so appealing to me. Like for my Transformers collection with so many 1980's G1 toys.
Congrats on completing your trio of T1s.
A Mr Clean Magic Eraser might take that stain off the end of her nose. Use carefully!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(11-11-2018, 02:15 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Congrats on completing your trio of T1s.
A Mr Clean Magic Eraser might take that stain off the end of her nose. Use carefully!

Thanks! Those dolls sure were not easy to find.... sly LOL

I should buy a box of those Magic Eraser. That stain is tiny so it should come off easy.
Just a heads-up for those who care:
Found a Street for only 4K yen plus shipping on Mandrake. Only flaw is a yellow nose and " box is a thing of the Moon"... whatever that mean.
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/deta...1103828192&ref=list&dispCount=240&dispAdult=0&soldOut=1&keyword=pullip&shop=55&lang=en
Great review - it definitely gives me a new appreciation for the older releases! Seeing your T1's together is very refreshing smile
Looking for stands!
I’ve started to be more drawn to the older releases than I used to be. This review kind of confirms that for me too!
Thanks! And many of them are pretty damn cheap even brand new. Especially the "urban" style trio of Wind, Street, and Withered. They have that vintage feel that I love and are easy on the wallet.