The First Four~
I like Maggie's wig too! And the photos of Comet in the tree.
You must've been so excited to find Assa after looking for her for that long!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I’ve collected a few things over the years and it’s always such a thrill when you find something you’ve been hunting for.
(03-28-2019, 06:24 AM)werepuppy Wrote: They are such lovely pictures, and I love the stories behind each of your finds.
Thank you!

(03-28-2019, 07:53 AM)davidd Wrote: Your photos are so colorful and full of action! "Action" is a challenge to convey with Pullip figures, and you do it well.

Your story about Assa reminds me that I first ventured into the World of Pullip, it seemed that Assa was the grail doll for many collectors and fans on the forums. She was out of production, but people were always talking about her and looking for her.
Thanks! I try to switch up poses, I spent like two years doing the same poses over and over and when I got back into the hobby I decided I would try new things LOL
At the time I joined the hobby (2009) I saw her on PS and instantly fell in love. I got mini Assa for Christmas that year, which only made me want her more! Now I'm even looking for a second one LOL

(03-28-2019, 08:38 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Love Maggie's wig!

And I agree Butler is very underrated.
Thank you! I bought it at a convention smile
And he is! LOL

(03-28-2019, 11:36 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I like Maggie's wig too! And the photos of Comet in the tree.
You must've been so excited to find Assa after looking for her for that long!
Thank you! Comet is always a fun one to take photos of, she's my bubbly space kid so I get to experiment a lot with poses and clothing options for her Heart 2
I was! I got her from a friend of mine. She knew I wanted her and bought her, played with her for a few months before deciding she didn't really click and contacted me about buying her right away. LOL

(03-28-2019, 03:33 PM)Elfy Wrote: I’ve collected a few things over the years and it’s always such a thrill when you find something you’ve been hunting for.
Absolutely!
Looking for: Dal Lucia, Sentimental Noon, Taeyang Richt

21, 22, 23, 24!!
Piper (Zuora) was another grail of mine, I wanted her for sooooo long. Found her from the same seller that sold Rockett, but someone outbid me at the very last minute. But, they didn't pay, so she was posted again and I made sure not to miss out on her again!!! I'm so happy I was given a second chance at getting her, because she is by far one of my favorite stock dolls they ever made. She came to me June 28, 2017 Heart 2
Atlus, aka Kaxel (Sol) was also from the same seller, and dirt cheap. I've always loved the darker skinned dolls and he's been a character of mine for years and years, so I snagged him. He did have a rather tragic fall last year, landed face first on brick and chipped his nose, so that's why the tip is a bit discolored, the pastel I used on it got darker over time somehow. But anyway, he joined the clan July 7th, 2017.
Apollo (MJ) was another impulse buy, he was (and still probably is) super cheap on JPGroove and I love his stock, so I figured if I didn't like him, at least I had that. But, surprisingly I love this boy! He's super underrated. All I did was rewig him and I think he looks so good now! He came to me July 11, 2017 (Idk how I was so loaded that I was buying dolls all the time, I'd love to have that kind of money now LOL ) Also, I get questions about his wig a lot, I found it on ebay!
Last but not least, Daisy (Frara). Frara was never really a doll that interested me. She was really basic and not really my aesthetic, nor did I have a character that suited her. But, I found her really really cheap on ebay with this adorable dusty pink wig and figured she'd be the perfect fit for the daughter of my god of Discord (who you'll see soon-ish, his name is Nox). This little drama queen came along August 20, 2017.

She's A Razor Sharp~

I'll Either Break Her Face Or Take Down Her Legs~

Dark Skies Were Beating Me Down~

I Sold My Soul~

Life Is Like Black Magic~

If You Know Your History, Then You Should Know Where You're Coming From~

You Can Hide In The Sun 'Till You See The Light~

Something Takes A Part Of Me~

Aint No Rest For The Wicked~

Tag, You're It~

But Was He Yours If He Wanted Me So Bad?~

I'm Nuts, Baby, I'm Mad~

Half way through! I'm super excited to keep doing this series because there's a few dolls I've never posted before that I'm waiting to post photos of wink

Really enjoying this wander through your collection, and the little stories & memories to go with them.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(04-09-2019, 05:58 AM)s1dthesqu1d Wrote: Piper (Zuora) was another grail of mine, I wanted her for sooooo long. Found her from the same seller that sold Rockett, but someone outbid me at the very last minute. But, they didn't pay, so she was posted again and I made sure not to miss out on her again!!!
Wow! That was how I got my Peter Pan, only she went around THREE times! Gotta love it when you score a great eBay deal.
I should've kept track of the dates all my crew arrived. I never did, except for Sunsette. Nice portraits... I think I like the last one best. Frara's very cute. It's funny how sometimes you end up with a doll you never thought you'd be interested in, and really liking them. And who can resist when they're "really really cheap"! LOL
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(04-09-2019, 08:41 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Really enjoying this wander through your collection, and the little stories & memories to go with them.
Thanks! I'm having fun doing it Heart 2

(04-09-2019, 12:46 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 05:58 AM)s1dthesqu1d Wrote: Piper (Zuora) was another grail of mine, I wanted her for sooooo long. Found her from the same seller that sold Rockett, but someone outbid me at the very last minute. But, they didn't pay, so she was posted again and I made sure not to miss out on her again!!!
Wow! That was how I got my Peter Pan, only she went around THREE times! Gotta love it when you score a great eBay deal.
I should've kept track of the dates all my crew arrived. I never did, except for Sunsette. Nice portraits... I think I like the last one best. Frara's very cute. It's funny how sometimes you end up with a doll you never thought you'd be interested in, and really liking them. And who can resist when they're "really really cheap"! LOL
It's super amazing how things happen like that!
I haven't really kept track since my first 4 or 5, most of them I just check Flickr for LOL I almost always take/post a photo of them as soon as they arrive! And totally! I have a bunch of dolls now that I never expected to love when I first started collecting Heart 2

(04-09-2019, 05:58 AM)s1dthesqu1d Wrote: (Idk how I was so loaded that I was buying dolls all the time, I'd love to have that kind of money now LOL

I know, right? Aren't we supposed to be making more money with each passing year?  LOL

I love love love your wonderful outdoor photos of your dolls! You choose wonderful settings that complement each figure's charm and cuteness.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(04-10-2019, 09:43 AM)davidd Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 05:58 AM)s1dthesqu1d Wrote: (Idk how I was so loaded that I was buying dolls all the time, I'd love to have that kind of money now LOL

I know, right? Aren't we supposed to be making more money with each passing year?  LOL

I love love love your wonderful outdoor photos of your dolls! You choose wonderful settings that complement each figure's charm and cuteness.

Thank you! Its actually all just a few spots in my front yard that I rotate, I try to mix it up though LOL  I used to take photos in the back yard as well, but it's become a bit overgrown outside of our horse's pasture Sweatdrop

25, 26, 27, 28~
Sam (Rot Chan) was one of my few grail Dals, I found her NIB on Mandarake and snatched her up as quickly as I could. She arrived September 8, 2017 LOL
Blossom (Cinnamoroll v1) was one of my other grail Dals, I also found her on Mandarake. She was missing her shoes and something else I can't remember. She came October 5, 2017. She only wears Sanrio themed clothes! LOL
Melanie (Mocha MIO) was just a MIO kit from PS, I hadn't done a custom in years but I thought I'd give it a shot. She was finally a complete doll on November 3, 2017. Her faceup has since been redone, as I've gotten way better and she deserved a revamp. She also recently got a Made to Move Barbie body!
Vera (Steampunk Cheshire) was a birthday gift from my parents, I got her November 18, 2017. Heart 2

I Think Rock N' Roll Is Really Funny When It's Serious~

If Growing Up Means It Would Be Beneath My Dignity To Climb A Tree~

Stoop Kid~

Don't Be Discouraged~

When I Am Ten Feet Tall~

No Tragedy, No Poetry, Just Staring At The Sky~

Things Have Changed For Me, And That's Okay~

Look Inside Your Mind~

Kissin' In The Moonlight~

On A Mission~

I'm Just Setting A Trap~

I Don't Give A Damn About My Bad Reputation~

More lovely outdoor photos!

And your Vera! Wow! What a stunner! The middle shot, with the side-eye glance, is just superb!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
It is a nice setting. Melanie (again...I think we all love her on that body) is lovely. You did a great job with her faceup. I like the 2nd last pic -- Vera's ex-pression is really cute. As is her outfit.
(04-11-2019, 02:59 AM)davidd Wrote: More lovely outdoor photos!

And your Vera! Wow! What a stunner! The middle shot, with the side-eye glance, is just superb!
Thank you!

(04-11-2019, 11:33 AM)Alliecat Wrote: It is a nice setting. Melanie (again...I think we all love her on that body) is lovely. You did a great job with her faceup. I like the 2nd last pic -- Vera's ex-pression is really cute. As is her outfit.
Thanks!!! I've been doing more faceup work and I think I've finally got my style down. Vera's outfit is Zuora's top and boots, and a skirt I got from a friend, not sure what it's from though Sweatdrop LOL

I'll be repeating myself, but I just love the styles you create for your characters. Each one has their individual style, but they're still coherent as a group!
(04-15-2019, 06:41 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'll be repeating myself, but I just love the styles you create for your characters. Each one has their individual style, but they're still coherent as a group!

Thank you!