Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
This is an absolutely fantastic finish to a year of impressive and wonderful photos!

I am delighted to see all of us mentioned in your closing post! And such a creative post it is! You must have spent hours creating the props and composing the photos!

And... DOLLY MARKET IS BACK!

Does this... mean... we have committed to posting ADAD on two forums?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
This is a great ending to the 2019 story.

All the little graveyard props are so cute, and the teeny violin is amazing. Your dad is very clever to have made a perfect miniature.

And thanks for including me in the graveyard, I feel very honoured.

Finally, congrats on completing the challenge again this year!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Wait... your father made the violin??? That is amazing! How does he do such perfect miniature work?
Wow, what a lot of work making that set! Great finish to the year. It was fun participating with everyone. I really liked the lighting and the colours-against-black in these; it made me think of the old Viewmaster reels I had as a kid; I could see these sets and dolls being part of a story for one of them, in 3D smile
And just wow, tell your dad everyone loved his little violin -- it's terrific! Does he make a lot of mini instruments?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thank you so very much, everyone!!!

As for the violin, I believe that's dad's first one. He made one similarly big, er, well, small for my dolls when I was little, but that one didn't have strings or tuning pegs, it also didn't have a bow. Dad is good at making pretty much anything, he mostly makes pipes (as in the smoking ones).
(01-02-2020, 11:38 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Dad is good at making pretty much anything, he mostly makes pipes (as in the smoking ones).

The next time your dad starts a project making props for your dolls, perhaps you can take photos of the process and post a tutorial. Because the gardening tools and the violin are marvelous miniatures!
(01-03-2020, 03:36 AM)davidd Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:38 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Dad is good at making pretty much anything, he mostly makes pipes (as in the smoking ones).

The next time your dad starts a project making props for your dolls, perhaps you can take photos of the process and post a tutorial. Because the gardening tools and the violin are marvelous miniatures!

Well, I don't live with my parents and dad usually works on these things at night (he's that type who's sleepy all day an then in the evening BAM! Wide awake), so I'm afraid that tutorial isn't happening. Also, did you just call the Time-Reaping Scythe a gardening tool? LOL JK
(01-03-2020, 03:46 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 03:36 AM)davidd Wrote:

Well, I don't live with my parents and dad usually works on these things at night (he's that type who's sleepy all day an then in the evening BAM! Wide awake), so I'm afraid that tutorial isn't happening. Also, did you just call the Time-Reaping Scythe a gardening tool? LOL JK

Well... a harvesting tool would be a more accurate description.