Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
Always saw Clawdeen as the party ‘animal’ of the group at MH.
You have Clawdeen's hair looking so beautiful! Plus the way it covers her eye a little... like she's hiding a party plan or something.
(05-07-2019, 08:00 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Cool.  She appears ready to go to a wild party, while Frankie is set for an elegant ball smile

It's more like wild patries go wherever Clawdeen is wink

(05-07-2019, 03:02 PM)davidd Wrote: You've styled Clawdeen's hair perfectly! Just like the illustrations! Freaky fab portrait! Her sullen, challenging ex.pression is just, like... wow!

Best playline doll line ever!

Thank you! Her hair in illustrations is wilder than this, but I like it nevertheless.

(05-07-2019, 03:11 PM)Elfy Wrote: Always saw Clawdeen as the party ‘animal’ of the group at MH.

That's pretty accurate! And Cleo would have you know that she's the party queen, because... Cleo. They keep trying to top each other, but they're having fun with it. smile

(05-07-2019, 10:49 PM)werepuppy Wrote: You have Clawdeen's hair looking so beautiful! Plus the way it covers her eye a little... like she's hiding a party plan or something.

Thanks!

Day 127

Ehm... Somebody said they feel like it's been a while since their last appearance... So I had no other choice. Don't trust her innocent ex³pression!

[Image: 18cc161db55d4f274cf341ac099932aa.jpg]

I toned down every color except for red:

[Image: 461a96f72e9ee3b8c6747cd16ad5f07d.jpg]

And I put instagram filter on it, because that's what I do...

[Image: 909ec9138fc2ed7251917be61864d648.jpg]
(05-08-2019, 05:39 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Don't trust her innocent ex³pression!

I'm certainly not trusting your innocent e¥pression! LOL  You knew I'd become obsessed with that superscripted "3", didn't you? Forty-five minutes later, after looking up and trying a variety of BBCode tags and poking through all the HELP menus I can find on the forum, I still can't figure it out.

And you're not going to e¥plain it, either, are you? At least not right away.
Tongue

You and Lunatic Queen are two peas in a pod... or perhaps you're the same pea in the same pod!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Yay, always a delight to see Her Insane Majesty. She's looking quite coy there, so I can only assume she's got some dastardly plan in mind.
It has been a while since we’ve seen Her Insane Majesty. Still looking good.
(05-08-2019, 07:11 AM)davidd Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 05:39 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Don't trust her innocent ex³pression!

I'm certainly not trusting your innocent e¥pression! LOL  You knew I'd become obsessed with that superscripted "3", didn't you? Forty-five minutes later, after looking up and trying a variety of BBCode tags and poking through all the HELP menus I can find on the forum, I still can't figure it out.

And you're not going to e¥plain it, either, are you? At least not right away.
Tongue

You and Lunatic Queen are two peas in a pod... or perhaps you're the same pea in the same pod!

Well... I really wouldn't have guessed you'd be this much ...er, exhilarated... by my usage of superscript...  For ² type left Alt+0178 and for ³ type left Alt+0179 (that's UK English keyboard, but I think it should be the same for the US one).

(05-08-2019, 07:17 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Yay, always a delight to see Her Insane Majesty. She's looking quite coy there, so I can only assume she's got some dastardly plan in mind.

She always does wink 

(05-08-2019, 04:58 PM)Elfy Wrote: It has been a while since we’ve seen Her Insane Majesty. Still looking good.

Again, she always does wink 

Day 128

This girl has THE most wholesome style of all! Pastel, sweet, girly, feminine, elegant, dark, sinister, deadly. She has pastel pink skin and long wavy hair and totally rad metallic bony wings and limbs and no less than THREE totally rad glittery eyes, and she also has antennae, because that's what aliens do, duh. Seriously, MGA designers managed to pack so many different (if not downright contradictory) elements into one doll and make it work perfectly! What an amazing feat!

[Image: 4ccc2088f2bea69b22b445e625d6263f.jpg]

And she also has a lot of filters on her photo...

[Image: bdd6d77f05d19922670b5e8d566fb575.jpg]

[Image: 0d223a32b26d5f0abc9aba6576690061.jpg]

She's Novi Stars Vera Tabray.
This is the best (and most amusing) description of a Novi Stars figure I have ever read, and a perfect description of Vera!

The photo is quite beautiful, too; my preference is for the middle one.

For a long time, Novi Stars Vera was the most ex•pensive doll I had ever purchased. When I saw her I had to have her, and that required ordering online from Europe. If she was released at all in the U.S. it was on a very limited basis.

For all the reasons you cite, I consider Vera to be the single best Novi Stars release. Her total weirdness is totally wonderful.

(Thank you for the ALT codes. Unfortunately... and it is rare that I use the term "unfortunately" when comparing Mac to Windows... I am using a Mac, and the Option key works slightly differently than the Alt function. So I can type a superscript ª, but not superscript numbers.  slash)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
...They should have sent a poet. Wow, she is just stunning.
Glad Her Majesty got the audience she requested... LOL
Vera is indeed unique. Do these characters come with a backstory? They certainly did cram in a lot of different elements. You have to wonder about the alien evolution that would lead to this... LOL
(well OK, I do)
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
They can do all sorts of things with aliens. According to the storyline of the new Captain Marvel film, the Skrulls aren’t even a carbon based life form.
The Novi Star is amazing, so many different things going on with her that shouldn’t work together but somehow just do.

And Her Insane Majesty looks amazing as always.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(05-09-2019, 05:23 AM)davidd Wrote: This is the best (and most amusing) description of a Novi Stars figure I have ever read, and a perfect description of Vera!

The photo is quite beautiful, too; my preference is for the middle one.

For a long time, Novi Stars Vera was the most ex•pensive doll I had ever purchased. When I saw her I had to have her, and that required ordering online from Europe. If she was released at all in the U.S. it was on a very limited basis.

For all the reasons you cite, I consider Vera to be the single best Novi Stars release. Her total weirdness is totally wonderful.

(Thank you for the ALT codes. Unfortunately... and it is rare that I use the term "unfortunately" when comparing Mac to Windows... I am using a Mac, and the Option key works slightly differently than the Alt function. So I can type a superscript ª, but not superscript numbers.  slash)

Hehe, thanks! And sorry I couldn't help with those pesky superscripts... It's a bit roundabout, but for now you can copy them from here.

(05-09-2019, 05:26 AM)werepuppy Wrote: ...They should have sent a poet. Wow, she is just stunning.

I had to look that one up. Imagine you disembarked on that beach and the alien would look like this girl. That would be awesome!

(05-09-2019, 11:35 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Glad Her Majesty got the audience she requested... LOL
Vera is indeed unique.  Do these characters come with a backstory?  They certainly did cram in a lot of different elements.  You have to wonder about the alien evolution that would lead to this... LOL
(well OK, I do)

Requested... Yes. Yes, that's the exactly right word for what she did. LOL
Novis did have a bit of a backstory, but I didn't follow it, as I got into the line just as it died... Basically, they were alien girls from different planets who came to Earth to study humanity and they shared an apartment somewhere in New York (? - I think it was New York). They had basic characters, consisting of one or two traits, favorite color and food and such.
I think the reason leading to developing black-pink-silver color scheme and three eyes and bony wings is that looking THIS gorgeous is definitely an evolutionary advantage... LOL But I know what you mean. I find it intriguing too! 

(05-09-2019, 04:48 PM)Elfy Wrote: They can do all sorts of things with aliens. According to the storyline of the new Captain Marvel film, the Skrulls aren’t even a carbon based life form.

Had to look that one up, too...

(05-09-2019, 10:02 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The Novi Star is amazing, so many different things going on with her that shouldn’t work together but somehow just do.

And Her Insane Majesty looks amazing as always.

I know, right?

H.I.M. says thank you!

Day 129

Spooky story time! So I was binge-watching some videos on youtube (with only a small table lamp on in an otherwise dark room), toootallyyy not procrastinating and postponing the ADAD photo 'after this one video', and suddenly - BAM! I jumped and started looking for the source of the affright, but everything seemed to be in right places... Then, from the corner of my eye, I saw something unnaturally pale under the table, and when I leant closer -

[Image: c3f3537773f87a48f2b9059b954c14cc.jpg]

She literally jumped from the shelf, all on her own, which I took as a request, so here she is, haunted CE Lala grin
Ooh, that is very spooky, her looming out of the dark like that.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Haha... "HEY. Quit procrastinating and take my picture already." LOL
She got your attention, anyway.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]