Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
(04-12-2019, 08:59 AM)werepuppy Wrote: ...And, as we know, a library or book shop is just a genteel black hole that knows how to read...

Haha, so true!

(04-12-2019, 09:04 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Another gorgeous photo! (And I adore Leigh Bardugo.)

Thanks!

(04-12-2019, 10:36 AM)Alliecat Wrote: How absolutely lovely that your dad supports your hobby by making little props for you!  You can tell him everybody liked them.  smile
Sorry you feel so crappy.  Random snapshots do count... although it looks like you still put effort into setting something up with the lighting & all.  It's more fun when more people are doing it, so, I hope you do feel like continuing, & will have some better days soon.

Thank you! I'll definitely tell him!

(04-12-2019, 01:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: Your creativity and attention to the little details never ceases to amaze and inspire admiration.

Thank you very much!

(04-12-2019, 04:10 PM)davidd Wrote: The thing is... if this makes sense... you weren't here before you were here, so you have no way of realizing how much less active the forum was before you joined. Seriously... and this is not "effusive praise" or flattery or anything other than a statement of fact... your joining this forum almost single-handedly revitalized the place! Some of us were limping along last year with our Doll A Day / Week things, but after you joined, and posted your "catch-up" photos, and started sharing daily photos and commenting, the activity level here increased significantly. Previously quiet members reappeared, and new members began joining.

Like, werepuppy joined us from another forum, and Lejays brought in elfy, kanrabat found us, the seemingly shy tasuke began posting more often and responding to comments, and Dolly Market is now exhibiting a much more dynamic and lively sense of activity and fun than it has in ages!

So, like, no pressure or anything, but... we need you! Your presence has become a primary catalyst for the "humor and delightful nonsense" and overall liveliness of the forum!  LOL

(I really hope this recent string of migraines winds down for you soon!)

Oh, and yes, "stain" is the correct term for the wood finish you describe.

Also, as Alliecat says, "random snapshots do count." Hey, you've seen some of my photos. I know you set high standards for yourself, but sneaking in a sloppy shot of your dolls piled on your work table or the peg toys at the local market is totally acceptable, and would actually be kind of fun to see!

That's the cutest thing ever! LOL
I seriously doubt that I have any magical powers causing people to join forums and post more, and it's all simply a coincidence... But thank you! You're too sweet blush

Don't worry guys, as I said, I'm definitely NOT going to drop out. I feel like it, but I'm not doing it - as I said, I know I will be happy that I completed this two times in a row, and I can't give in to my migraines, because if you do give in once, you're going to give in always. No, thanks!

Day 102

Last year this day, I posted this photo of 'shadowy' Twyla.

[Image: 71a2fa4da4281c8a80fb7ee8a0f4e4c0.jpg]

I like it, so I decided to give it another shot (teehee, I'm the queen of lame jokes!) today.

[Image: eb7e9305f8841910243ec2cbe3444cfc.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition! - by neon_jellyfish - 04-13-2019, 07:56 AM