Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
Day 105

Purple? What purple?

[Image: a3bbf542fa0cacd8ada5ca5e69a40e42.jpg]

GNO Spectra has the worst yellowing of all my dolls. I tried to find some de-yellowing methods, but most of them erode the plastic, so, while they remove the yellowing, the vinyl becomes brittle and falls to pieces after a few years. I think I prefer yellowed dolls to powdered ones...

(04-15-2019, 04:12 AM)davidd Wrote: There's quite a lot of purple in your dolly collection, isn't there?

Another lovely portrait with beautiful lighting.

Why do you think so? I only have, uh... Oh. Yeah, a whole lot of purple LOL
And thanks!

(04-15-2019, 05:22 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Ahhh, well he's very handsome. 

TC Raven was gorgeous though I do kind of wish the more elaborate face paint had made it to the production dolls rather than the simplified version. 

I like how you always get the posing so right

I know right? I guess that's just how things are with mass-produced playline dolls.
Thank you!

(04-15-2019, 02:11 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Nice portrait and pretty colours. Maybe try wrapping some masking tape or duct tape around your fingers and patting it on the background to pick up the glitter?

Thanks! Yup, that's what I'm doing, but EAH glitter is super-persistent. Maybe it's pixie or fairy dust?

(04-15-2019, 04:26 PM)Elfy Wrote: Now David has said it, purple was EAH’s sig colour and it was prevalent in the MH line, too.

(04-15-2019, 05:03 PM)Lejays17 Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 04:26 PM)Elfy Wrote: Now David has said it, purple was EAH’s sig colour and it was prevalent in the MH line, too.

Definitely Ravens sig colour - other characters have their own colour schemes.

Glitter gets everywhere, and never seems to leave.

Well, Raven is the purplest of them all, but there are many other characters whose color schemes are built around purple, or pink+purple combo, like Kitty (given her skin tone, she would be the purplest, but it would destroy my oh so clever pun, so... no), Duchess, Holly and Poppy, Cedar... I'm sure I'm forgetting some others... Maddie and Courtly also have quite a bit of purple going on... Oh, and Crystal! She also has some purple, too. Purple and Red were the main colors of the whole line... 

And now read the post again and take a shot whenever I say purple LOL

I'm never able to pick one favorite anything, and it's the same with colors - I like all of them, but purple, turquoise (mint, aqua, teal, anything under that umbrella), blue and green are my all time favorites! From pastels, to neons, to jewel tones, I just love these colors! And, of course, black. But black isn't a color, it's an entity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition! - by neon_jellyfish - 04-16-2019, 07:34 AM