Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
Misery loves company, is that the saying? For what little it's worth, I can commiserate with almost every point of your misery.

I did the hot cocoa therapy thing a couple of nights ago. Prolly woulda done it again tonight, but I'm too tired and lazy to bother making hot cocoa, so I went with a cup of milk and polished off the last of a package of chocolate fudge cookies.

I wonder if people from earlier generations felt like the hobby was leaving them when porcelain and bisque dolls fell out of favor, or when the faces of their composition dolls began to crack and flake, or when the cloth bodies of their dolls began to disintegrate and the sawdust stuffing fell out? The beautiful frilly white dresses on the antique baby dolls discolor over time, the faux leather shoes harden and crack, and hardly anybody seems to care much about those old dolls from the first half of the 1900s anymore, unless it is a near mint example from a high-end European manufacturer. Perhaps seeing our treasures crumble to dust before our very eyes is inherent in this hobby. That's a rather sad thought. I may need to make a mug of cocoa despite my weariness.

Is that a Dal in your photo today? Is she dressed as a knight? And is that hairstyle still referred to as a "Prince Valiant," or is that reference so old that nobody uses it anymore?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition! - by davidd - 04-21-2019, 03:32 PM