Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
(07-28-2019, 03:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: About a year ago, I was reading some funeral homes' advertisements (yeah, my idea of fun can be a little, uh, nevermind), and they all seemed really bent on conveying just how oh so affordable they are. 

Ha haaa! Are you my long-lost cousin from another continent? Back in my high school and post high school days, a few friends and I were funeral parlor obsessed. We called our imaginary funeral home Haven of Rest Funeral Parlor. Our catch-phrase was:
Elegant, Exquisite, and Extremely Ex.pensive
Haven of Rest Funeral Parlor
If You Don't Have the Money, Don't Waste Our Time

I also subscribed to The American Funeral Director magazine for a number of years. (It was pretty boring; mostly standard business management articles, and not enough pictures of hearses or coffins)

"... if you paste some blueberry yoghurt over a piece of limestone and put the crystals on it, the stone will be covered in moss in about a week."

Sounds like those Magic Rocks they sold when I was a kid. I haven't seen them in years, but maybe they're still around. (I looked; yes, they are.) Or, I believe there was a way to grow crystals using common (albeit somewhat toxic) household chemicals.

Cabbage Gardens sounds like a fascinating place! I've been intrigued by greenhouses since I was very young, and a slightly mysterious older lady who lived down the alley behind my grandparents' house had a greenhouse in which she puttered about. 

Florianne is another radiantly beautiful resident of Oddwickshire. Is exceptional physical beauty a common trait throughout the region?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition! - by davidd - 07-28-2019, 09:19 AM