Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
Love Maddie the sheep rider. It’s such a Maddie thing to do, too.
Thank you guys!

Day 343

[Image: 8039580cb7c98a54631addb6e2c34fcc.jpg]

"Draht, it vould seem dat misterr Frreddy has lost consciousness because of me ahgain. I vos hoping he vould be used to me by now. It is most peculiarr, rreally, especially considerring dat a fine and dainty lady such as yourrselve rremains perrfectly unperrtuurrbed in my prresence..."
"Well, I spent the last hundred years asleep against my will, so I'm not exactly up to more swooning and zonking out and whatnot."
Oh, Mr. Freddy, someone must see to your fainting spells...

I laughed at this
Marvelous... I mean... mahrrrvelous dialog; it reads exactly as though it were spoken aloud by Lugosi!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
The dialog made me laugh.

And Skeeping Beauty has far too much stuff to catch up on to be fainting at the drop of a hat!
(Poor Freddy - he’s not dealing very well with not being the scariest thing in the room xp )
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
What an interesting grouping!

Who's the guy on the left-- have we met him before?
She's pretty. Royal Doulton is about the only china figurine maker I recall, although I know there are others...
Poor Orlok. Must be hard to have much of a social life when people keep passing out on you LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(12-10-2019, 01:31 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh, Mr. Freddy, someone must see to your fainting spells...

I laughed at this

He's dealing with existence of a tiny living horror-character-depicting puppet surprisingly poorly, considering he himself is a tiny living horror-character-depicting voodoo doll...

Glad to hear that!

(12-10-2019, 03:10 AM)davidd Wrote: Marvelous... I mean... mahrrrvelous dialog; it reads exactly as though it were spoken aloud by Lugosi!

Vot can I say, vampirres simply tend to sound like dat...

(12-10-2019, 06:16 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: The dialog made me laugh.

And Skeeping Beauty has far too much stuff to catch up on to be fainting at the drop of a hat!
(Poor Freddy - he’s not dealing very well with not being the scariest thing in the room xp )

Thanks!

That's what she thinks, too!
Aaah, that must be it. LOL

(12-10-2019, 09:00 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: What an interesting grouping!

Who's the guy on the left-- have we met him before?

The guy on the left is a miniature puppet of Count Orlok from Nosferatu (in my dollyverse, he's alive/undead despite being just a puppet), he first appeared in this post, and his tendency to make others faint first manifested in this post.

(12-10-2019, 11:23 AM)Alliecat Wrote: She's pretty.  Royal Doulton is about the only china figurine maker I recall, although I know there are others...
Poor Orlok.  Must be hard to have much of a social life when people keep passing out on you LOL

Thanks! She's very cheap no name knock-off, I think she's made of some kind of resin that imitates bisque... She has a sentimental value for me, she was a gift from grandma, because I wasn't allowed to play with valuable antique porcelain dolls in her house, so she got me this one instead, and I was so happy! That was back in 90s, and the little me didn't like princess dresses on barbies, those antique porcelain ones were much prettier, so I wanted to play with them, eventhough I had dolls to play with.

He mostly made his peace with it. He's good friends with Monty - his puppetteer, my collection has a lot of vampires and other monsters who aren't scared of him, and sometimes, even a sweet and seemingly fragile princess is fully capable of enjoying a conversation with him without taking breaks for fainting.

Day 344

[Image: ddcd375552fb942bc912f0450ec7ebf1.jpg]

[Image: 90b78a63475a2a80d42c2a23e0ed7c85.jpg]

And the original:

[Image: 2fffd77e6858e4a89c4ffc510d5d0421.jpg]
... Okay, I cannot pick which of those looks "best" as she just is so stunning and it's like you just found so many ways to show it off.
This is an intriguing series of images. The Monochrome print is beautiful, but then the "color reveal" in the next image is absolutely stunning. The final, "original" pic with the softer colors conveys an entirely different sense of beauty. This is a truly striking figure, and you have styled her nicely and photographed her superbly. Each version of the image is superb.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
The b&w one is nice, but I really like the luminous effect of the colour.
Oh!, did you post that resin/china girl before?, because I think I remember the story. Neat that little-you liked porcelain dolls so much, and sweet of grandma to get you your own to play with smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
B&W for Floriana is interesting as she’s so colourful, but it adds an interesting new aspect.
The B&W version is beautiful, but so is the highly-coloured version too.

It’s not really surprising that this one got me into the world of Pullip-collecting, I love her whole look.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(12-11-2019, 01:57 AM)werepuppy Wrote: ... Okay, I cannot pick which of those looks "best" as she just is so stunning and it's like you just found so many ways to show it off.

(12-11-2019, 03:05 AM)davidd Wrote: This is an intriguing series of images. The Monochrome print is beautiful, but then the "color reveal" in the next image is absolutely stunning. The final, "original" pic with the softer colors conveys an entirely different sense of beauty. This is a truly striking figure, and you have styled her nicely and photographed her superbly. Each version of the image is superb.

Thank you both very much!!!

(12-11-2019, 12:05 PM)Alliecat Wrote: The b&w one is nice, but I really like the luminous effect of the colour.
Oh!, did you post that resin/china girl before?, because I think I remember the story.  Neat that little-you liked porcelain dolls so much, and sweet of grandma to get you your own to play with smile

Yup, I posted her back in March, including the story. I realized that the way I put it wasn't very clear, so to clarify - those real antique ones were figures, not dolls per se (no real clothes or hair). But they were (are, I think they're still there) sculpted really nicely, and one has skirt made of porcelain dipped tulle, it's one of the finest things I've ever seen, it seemed like a magic to me when I was a kid (I had no idea how could such a thing work). My grandma is super sweet, and she was always so good at guessing what is going on in our little heads, and making it work for us. Best grandma ever!

(12-11-2019, 04:50 PM)Elfy Wrote: B&W for Floriana is interesting as she’s so colourful, but it adds an interesting new aspect.

(12-11-2019, 07:40 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The B&W version is beautiful, but so is the highly-coloured version too.

It’s not really surprising that this one got me into the world of Pullip-collecting, I love her whole look.

Thanks! I wanted to post B&W Florianne a few times already, but it always felt like a waste, what with her beautiful colors... But I'm glad I did, the B&W one shows that there's more to this girl than just her color scheme. I think Mint Alice must be a lot of people's 'gateway Pullip'. She really is stunning. Mine was gift from my mom, so she's very special to me.

Day 345

More Morgensterns!
[Image: 1986d027e9d35b5218f4b36b66a48ba4.jpg]

More antique-fied Morgensterns!

[Image: 338814ee1f70e2c76d4834f4b8766638.jpg]
This antique effect in the photo makes it so atmospheric.