DeadlyNova's A Doll WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT - 2019 Edition
These are a pair of lovely ladies. I remember these types of dolls being around when I was a kid, usually as a decorative item for frou frou type bedrooms. I think they even made lamps out of them.

I've seen them referred more recently as "Pose" dolls which includes the Bradely dolls and other makers. About the time the interest in collecting original Blythes got started, some of these vintage Pose dolls came back into vogue in Japan and the interest bled over to the Blythe community. I have a Pinterest board full of them here, if you'd like some eye candy: https://www.pinterest.com/cornflowerblue0/pose-dolls/

People were buying, restoring, and customizing them. Takara, who makes the current Blythes not to mention Licca and Jenny, even produced a pair of vinyl dolls inspired by them. Here's a link to the artist who was behind their design and who led that craze: http://ayumiuyama.com/index.php
And a link to someone else's photos of the vinyl pair of Osyalle dolls that were produced: https://flic.kr/p/bvSJA

There's a couple of Flickr groups: https://flic.kr/g/7V9gD3 https://flic.kr/g/5S9yH7

Someone even made little miniture versions, if I can find a picture of them I'll add it to this post.

And that's probably more than you ever wanted to know about these dolls.LOL
Thank you guys for the comments! Don't worry, I'm going to be able to catch up on my sleep on Saturday and Sunday, even though I still have to work those days. No hospital visits those days, so I'll at least get to sleep a lot later. <3 I have terrible insomnia, so sleep isn't really my friend anyway. ^^

I love boudoir dolls in general, they're a lot of fun to look at.

That's really interesting stuff, CB! I didn't know a lot of it. I don't think I really like those vinyl dolls, their noses look a bit big for their faces to me. ^^

I'd say more but it's 1am and I'm sleeepppyyyyy......

I didn't get to take a doll to the park today, I had to run some errands that took a lot longer than expected so I didn't have the time before dark, but I actually happened to snap a photo very early this morning that I was planning to use for backup on a day that I didn't have a chance to take a photo if I did go to the park. Our pool had a thin sheet of ice on the top of it this morning(it's disgusting and terrible bc we never covered it up....oops) and I managed to take this without cracking the ice!
[Image: 46893318832_3ca7fb4334_z.jpg]ADAD 2019 31/365 by Haley, on Flickr
It's by far my favorite doll a day photo so far!

So, here, for day 31 and to mark the first month of ADAD completed, is my Q-Posket of Yuuri Katsuki from Yuri On Ice! I showed his fiance, Victor, already. grin
Mine too, that is fantastic!
Oooh, that's a brilliant use of weather conditions to show Yuri in his element. He's a really cool looking figure too, I like the stylisation of these ones.
An ice skater on actual ice! That is... cool! LOL

The colors and lighting are fantastic! Fab pic!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Awesome figure in awesome photo!
That's a great shot!
Congrats on completing Month 1 of ADAD! smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Yay for the first month completed.

A great shot using natural elements
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(02-01-2019, 04:03 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: Thank you guys for the comments! Don't worry, I'm going to be able to catch up on my sleep on Saturday and Sunday, even though I still have to work those days. No hospital visits those days, so I'll at least get to sleep a lot later. <3 I have terrible insomnia, so sleep isn't really my friend anyway. ^^

I love boudoir dolls in general, they're a lot of fun to look at.

That's really interesting stuff, CB! I didn't know a lot of it. I don't think I really like those vinyl dolls, their noses look a bit big for their faces to me. ^^

I'd say more but it's 1am and I'm sleeepppyyyyy......

I didn't get to take a doll to the park today, I had to run some errands that took a lot longer than expected so I didn't have the time before dark, but I actually happened to snap a photo very early this morning that I was planning to use for backup on a day that I didn't have a chance to take a photo if I did go to the park. Our pool had a thin sheet of ice on the top of it this morning(it's disgusting and terrible bc we never covered it up....oops) and I managed to take this without cracking the ice!
[Image: 46893318832_3ca7fb4334_z.jpg]ADAD 2019 31/365 by Haley, on Flickr
It's by far my favorite doll a day photo so far!

So, here, for day 31 and to mark the first month of ADAD completed, is my Q-Posket of Yuuri Katsuki from Yuri On Ice! I showed his fiance, Victor, already. grin

Hahah I was sprredscrolling down and I was like, WAIT, they made chibi figures of LANCER?! Seriously that guy looks just like the Irish dude whose name I can't spell from Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works.

Great photo!
Thank you guys so much!!! <3

Now comes the days where I end up getting confused every day about what day it is, when it gets hard to remember the number I'm on after the first month is over.

For day 32, here's my Taeyang Koichi, Leo!
[Image: 46955280961_ebc1005980_z.jpg]ADAD 2019 32/365 by Haley, on Flickr
I posted a whole photoshoot that you can see here:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7262099
(02-02-2019, 03:33 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: Now comes the days where I end up getting confused every day about what day it is, when it gets hard to remember the number I'm on after the first month is over.

Oh, yeah, that's right. I got mixed up several times last year, too. neon_jellyfish said she makes a spreadsheet to document and plan her daily photos. I was intending to do the same thing. Maybe not a full-on spreadsheet, but perhaps a hastily scrawled list. I should work on that tomorrow. Because putting things off until tomorrow is something I'm pretty good at.

Anyway, I commented at length on the photo-shoot topic. Leo looks totally awesome, my fave pics from the shoot were the ones by the spillway, and my fave pic by the spillway is the one you selected for your Doll A Day, so... cool.

And I'm coveting his jacket. For myself.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
He's so handsome! And I love his shirt.
He’s a rebellious looking young character.
Leo looks really cool. Wanting his jacket
Thank you guys for the comments!

I want his jacket for myself too. xD

@david: I have been keeping a notepad file, but I only update it maybe once a week. LOL

I missed a day, but here is some heavy variation from my photos so far!
Day 33:
[Image: 46254349994_f24c4a65cb_z.jpg]ADAD 2019 33/365 by Haley, on Flickr
Pop figure of Vanellope Von Schweetz from Wreck it Ralph!
Day 34:
[Image: 46926692292_c67f8fcbeb_z.jpg]ADAD 2019 34/365 by Haley, on Flickr
A chibi figure of Racing Miku 2015!