CB's A Doll A Week 2019
(02-06-2019, 02:05 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: You might try this MyFroggy video for some very simple pieces you can even hand sew:

Thank you for the link. I shall take a look.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That’s a great dress.
Lovely doll ...she's so pretty and poseable and you did a great job on the dress.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
She's a beauty! And wow, you did a great job on her dress!
Ooh, very pretty (both the doll and the dress)!
Thanks! She's like an extra large Obitsu, except less likely to pop apart. Requiem's Cold Shoulder pattern is basically a raglan sleeve dress or top with neckline variations and cutouts that you can pick from. That means its super simple to sew, provided your sewing machine isn't fond of eating knits.
I talked myself out of grabbing a Smart Doll with my tax refund this year. I just don’t really have the space. I’ll have to live vicariously through everyone else! That dress looks great on her!
Great dress, and lovely doll too.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Oh, your Smart Doll is Really lovely and the dress you made for her is really well done. You got the stripes matching! I always have difficulty getting the stripes to line up - You're looks amazing
Thanks! It helps if you match the stripes and pin or baste them before you cut out the pattern pieces. Although with doll sewing, I usually don't bother to go that far. Close enough is good enough most times.

[Image: 47201558391_b87354206d_z.jpg]
7/52: Lana wishes everyone a belated Happy Valentine's Day!

[Image: 33338679738_2c6bb0d161_z.jpg]
8/52: Alice is looking for people to join the Scavenger Hunt on the Dal House Forum. This is a really gorgeous piece of scrapbook paper.
The entire pink-themed Valentine's photo is as sweet as... well, as the chocolates that are in that heart-shaped box!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That’s a very cool spyglass that Alice has.
Thank you for the belated Valentines Day wishes, Lana! I had a nice one!
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
I love the Alice photo! It has beautiful atmosphere.
Lana looks very cute, and there's a great atmosphere in the Alice photo - I also really love the shade of Alice's hair! It's such a lovely darker blue, and I haven't seen that on many dolls.