davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Awww! At least the snow looks picturesque. (It just snowed here as well; ugh!)

Welcome back and hope you're feeling better!
(12-05-2019, 10:59 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Welcome back and hope you're feeling better!

Thanks! Not 100% yet, but finally on the upswing.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Welcome back! Be a nice white Christmas for the girls in the teepee if they could have gotten it done in time.
Welcome back! We missed you!

Beautiful pic, I absolutely love the contrast between orange and the blue-white palette of the rest of the photo.
Welcome back!

The orange jumpsuits really stand out against the white snow
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
So glad to have you back with us - and I love how stark the contrast between the white and the orange is. I hope spring arrives early for them to finish their project. Now, get inside and get wrapped up.
Thank you. It is good to be back. Or, it is good to be feeling well enough to be back.

[Image: december5.jpg]
5 December – Travelling Action Figure

A "travelling action figure" from the UK has arrived here in the American Southwest for a visit.
Welcome, Travelling Action Figure! You're going to have tons of fun, just watch out for open fire!
Hello travelling figure! Hope you Enjoy your time there! They have snow when we have rain
Yay! I loved your Travelling Action Man series. Looking forward to more. Is he staying for Christmas? Should be fun. Do post the link to "all" the pix & story smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(12-06-2019, 10:10 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Is he staying for Christmas?  Should be fun.  Do post the link to "all" the pix & story.

Yes, the current plan is for the figure to be here through January. If I end up doing a "story" like last time, I shall either link to it or post it here.

[Image: december6.jpg]
6 December – Karate Guy with Dust & Lint

More by accident than any intent, I ended up learning a lot more about these little off-brand karate and wrestling style figures than I had planned.

There are actually people who collect "knock-off" wrestling and karate figures. This particular figure is from a line called "Ninja Warriors." They can be found on eBay in listings titled MOTU KO figures.

MOTU stands for "Masters of the Universe," a 1980s-1990s TV cartoon and toy line. While not actual Masters of the Universe figures, these inex-pensive copies share the same approximate body type, aggressive stance, and limited articulation of the Mattel Masters of the Universe line.

KO stands for "knock off." While these figures were not exact counterfeits, they tended to be close copies of name-brand professional wrestling (WWF/WWE) figures.

So MOTU KO is the terminology used by collectors of both professional wrestling action figures and Masters of the Universe figures to describe inex-pensive derivative figures.

The uniform of this particular 6-inch (15cm) figure is fairly nicely crafted of cloth... which attracts dust and lint that is more evident in photos than it is to the eye.
Oh, that's some cool information that I did not know.

His eyes look quite fierce
For some reason, he reminds me of 1980's actors from Bollywood dramas or those cheap movies with really young Bruce Lee (I hope it's not offensive). I can totally see camera zooming on his face in a really dramatic scene, only to completely miss and get a detail of a bush in the background, zoom back out and then in once more, this time getting about half of his face in the frame. Sorry, I know it's totally stupid and random, but that's what came to mind when I saw him...
(12-07-2019, 08:23 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: For some reason, he reminds me of 1980's actors from Bollywood dramas or those cheap movies with really young Bruce Lee (I hope it's not offensive). I can totally see camera zooming on his face in a really dramatic scene, only to completely miss and get a detail of a bush in the background, zoom back out and then in once more, this time getting about half of his face in the frame. Sorry, I know it's totally stupid and random, but that's what came to mind when I saw him...

That is TOTALLY what he is like! Early Hong Kong cinema, before directors Tsui Hark and John Woo brought artistry and craftsmanship to the genre. That's what I thought of immediately when I saw this guy, as well.

Just wait until tomorrow when you see his sparring partner!
Oh, I can certainly see that terrible 70s style movie as you’ve described it.

He does look just like the actors in those films.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)