davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
When you look at it, you’ve actually done over 400 days, because you did ADAD last year, too.
I like the last few photos, you’ve got some fascinating dolls / figures in your collection.

Poor twilight Sparkle, falling down on the job like that.

And congrats on nearly 500 days in a row (365 last year, 100 so far this year). I was so exhausted by the time I got to the end of my year of daily photos that I couldn’t have contemplated it again.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(04-12-2019, 02:02 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I was so exhausted by the time I got to the end of my year of daily photos that I couldn’t have contemplated it again.

But now that you've had three or four months to rest up, you could jump back in!  LOL  Your weeklies are a lot of fun, I'm delighted to see you continuing the challenge in that format, and that you've coaxed elfy into playing along, too!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Haha, fainting from the idea of sheer amount of photos that still need to be taken is something I can relate to!

You won't fall down, we won't let you! We have that voodoo doll, after all... wink
(03-12-2019, 04:32 PM)Elfy Wrote: I think your sets and props look great. I know I could never construct anything like those at all.

This comment pops up every single time I try to reply to comments, even though I've replied before. When I check back through earlier posts, this comment has a check mark in the "reply" box every time, even when I uncheck it. So I'll try responding once more and see if that will clear it.

Oh, and, I'm looking forward to seeing you attempt to construct some kind of sets or props. With winter coming on Down Under, perhaps you'll have some indoor time you can devote to frivolous craft projects.

(04-12-2019, 10:44 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote:  We have that voodoo doll, after all... wink

Oh... yeah... that.  Sweatdrop

[Image: april12.jpg]
12 April – Monster High Skull Shores Frankie Stein
(04-13-2019, 11:52 AM)davidd Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 04:32 PM)Elfy Wrote: I think your sets and props look great. I know I could never construct anything like those at all.

This comment pops up every single time I try to reply to comments, even though I've replied before. When I check back through earlier posts, this comment has a check mark in the "reply" box every time, even when I uncheck it. So I'll try responding once more and see if that will clear it.

Oh, and, I'm looking forward to seeing you attempt to construct some kind of sets or props. With winter coming on Down Under, perhaps you'll have some indoor time you can devote to frivolous craft projects.

(04-12-2019, 10:44 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote:  We have that voodoo doll, after all... wink

Oh... yeah... that.  Sweatdrop

[Image: april12.jpg]
12 April – Monster High Skull Shores Frankie Stein
Lejays may have mentioned this, but my talents do not extend to craft. I have no leanings in that area whatsoever. I’ll make do with what we have readily constructed.
Ah, a vintage looking shot to fit a cool that was given a deliberate vintage look. A very cool vibe from this one, and maybe a little bit forboding - we don't know what's beyond the curtain...
What a confusing photo! LOL Which version of SS Frankie (that would be a lovely name for a ship) is this? The regular or the BW one?

And I meant we're going to hug the voodoo doll again if you feel down, silly! LOL
(04-13-2019, 01:20 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Ah, a vintage looking shot to fit a ghoul that was given a deliberate vintage look. A very cool vibe from this one, and maybe a little bit foreboding - we don't know what's beyond the curtain...

I like this particular figure. Her swimsuit has kind of a 1950s look to it. This iteration of Frankie manages to effectively combine sexy and spooky... which is probably the combination of characteristics, along with a generally high level of manufacturing quality and a subversive sense of humor, that resulted in the initial popularity of Monster High.

(04-13-2019, 07:15 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: What a confusing photo! LOL Which version of SS Frankie (that would be a lovely name for a ship) is this? The regular or the BW one?

Okaaaay.... I spend too much time looking at dolly photos and similar things online, because "a lovely name for a ship" had me thinking, "wait... huh? Who are we 'shipping' Frankie with? Herself?" Then I figured it out. Duhhh...! Remind me to use that when I resurrect my photo-story.

(That reminds me... I gotta go find something for my photo-story; hang on a sec.)

(('Kay, I'm back; had to do that while I was thinking about it.))

Anyway, yeah, the Skull Shores Frankie is the regular B&W one.  LOL

Skull Shores Frankie was only released in a monochrome version, to the best of my knowledge.  yay  

[Image: april13.jpg]
13 April – "Quick, Phoebe! To the Bratzcave!"

MGA Bratz Action Heroez Phoebe... in action.
So, obvious question to ask here: what's her super hero name? Or is she secretly a villain...?

It does look like we've just caught her coming out of her super secret HQ in either case.

Also such bright colours - it's a bit 80s
I think her superpower is being able to wear those shoes and not break an ankle.
(04-14-2019, 10:14 AM)Elfy Wrote: I think her superpower is being able to wear those shoes and not break an ankle.

Haha! That must be it. Or maybe there are jet packs in them xp
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(04-14-2019, 06:39 AM)davidd Wrote: Anyway, yeah, the Skull Shores Frankie is the regular B&W one.  LOL

Skull Shores Frankie was only released in a monochrome version, to the best of my knowledge.  yay  

No, there was a normal colorful version, too. She was part of the elusive Skull Shores 5-pack (that also had Cleo and Clawdeen, who, to my disappointment, weren't released solo). Boy, how I wanted that pack! But it was super htf even in States, and I don't think it ever made it to Europe. So I got kinda excited that you might have it and take pics of Cleo and Clawdeen for me... Sigh.

(04-14-2019, 12:18 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 10:14 AM)Elfy Wrote: I think her superpower is being able to wear those shoes and not break an ankle.

Haha!  That must be it.  Or maybe there are jet packs in them xp

Thirding this!
Bright superheroes are the best! And totally going along with her superhero powers being able to wear the shoes with no problems
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Adding to the string of people saying her power is to wear the shoes with no problems. I bet she can even run in them with no issues.