davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Cheshire!!!? Yaaaaayyy!
Can't wait to see your photos of her grin
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Let her out! Let her out! She’s a cat, they need to play!
Oooh, this is creepy from the doll's point of view. Poor thing. Need to let them free
Alice's Adventures x The Little Prince crossover!
Clawdia looks great, such a huge grin!

Ooh, open the box! Let her free!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
[Image: may9.jpg]
9 May – Glim'r, a Flairy from the 'Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale' Line

I figured I'd need some "fairy magic" and a lot of luck last night; I fell somewhat short on one or the other, or both.

This photo illustrates what working on an electrical panel for a well pump at 11:45 at night looks like. Yesterday evening the water pressure in the house dropped off to zero. After much fussing around I discovered that the well pump was not kicking on when the water pressure dropped, but flipping the circuit breaker switch directly next to the pump off and on several times would restart the pump. The breaker switch was looking old and rusty, so I thought... hoped... that the problem was a faulty breaker switch.

As it was already evening, the small-town local hardware store had closed, but the big box hardware store in the nearest city was open until 10pm. That would mean a 2-1/2 hour round trip by car, but if I drove "efficiently" I could make it to the hardware store before it closed. So off I went, reaching the store just minutes before it closed. I purchased the relatively common and inex.pensive (under $10 USD) switch, drove home, and as the hour approached midnight I found myself deep underground... okay, that's an exaggeration; but the well pump is set in a concrete bunker of sorts about 8 feet (2 meters) underground... in the dark with a flashlight and a Flairy doll trying to replace a circuit breaker switch without getting electrocuted or blowing anything up.

I didn't get electrocuted or blow anything up, so Luck and Flairy Magic must have helped a little bit. But sadly, after replacing the circuit breaker switch, the problem with the well pump failing to start continues.

Did I mention the rain? Oh yes, of course it was raining. Even though this area is classified as having a "semi-arid climate" with 265 sunny days per year and an average annual rainfall total of only 13 inches (33 cm), it has currently been raining for several days, with the weather forecast predicting another week or ten days of continuing rain. We have currently received more than 200% more rain than normal for this time of year, with no end in sight. This means that the underground crypt in which the well pump sits, and in which I was fussing around in the dark with a flashlight last night, was damp and muddy, with water dripping down the walls and water dripping out of the electric panel... which is probably not a good thing.

And... and... because when situations like this unfold, there's always an "and"... when, despite being tired and cranky and cold and wet and muddy and not having enough consistently running water with which to take a shower, I attempted to post this photo late last night (or around 1:00am), the internet service had dropped out... which tends to happen both late at night, and during heavy rains.

That's my excuse for today's... that is, yesterday's... late and low-caliber A Doll A Day post.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Oh, wow, that was... very much the type of adventure you do not want to deal with. I'm sorry you had to.I'm hoping that things start to work again much better soon and that the rains stop.

Seems silly to mention that the doll is not one I've seen before now...
She's adorable and I hope everything will work as intended soon! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Ugh, that sounds awful. Glim'r looks confident that things will work out, though.
(05-11-2019, 02:35 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh, wow, that was... very much the type of adventure you do not want to deal with. 

Seems silly to mention that the doll is not one I've seen before now...

To quote author and philosopher G. K. Chesterton: An adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered. So yes, I suppose this situation could be considered an adventure.

Three "Flairies" dolls were released by Mattel in conjunction with the Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale movie, circa 2010. They stand about 9 inches (23cm) tall. The heads are vinyl and the bodies are hard plastic, much like Novi Stars, articulated at the shoulders and hips, and... covered with glitter! That would be glued-on type glitter, the kind that sheds copiously, so, much like real fairies, the Flairies leave trails of fairy dust wherever they go.

(05-11-2019, 09:27 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She's adorable and I hope everything will work as intended soon! Keeping my fingers crossed!

(05-11-2019, 09:46 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Ugh, that sounds awful. Glim'r looks confident that things will work out, though.

With the help of "Flairy Power"... ermm... I'm hoping I will not have to call a pump repair service. The cost could easily reach in to the thousand-dollar range... which is a lot even in Euros (~€900) or Sterling (~£775). I mean, that's enough to buy two Smart Dolls or... well, it used to buy ten Pullips, but not so much anymore.

[Image: may10c.jpg]
10 May – Flairies Shim'R, Shyn'E, and Glim'R Are Not Afraid to Get Down and Dirty with Plumbing Repairs

Well... I cannot claim to be confident that the well pump issue has been fixed, per se, but at the moment it is working again. After much online research, several trips to hardware stores, a liberal application of "magic words," and the assistance of three glittery little helpers, the pump appears to be functioning normally... for now.

Here, the Flairies are using abrasive paper to clean the electrical contacts of a part called a Well Pump Pressure Switch. Or at least, they're talking about maybe trying to clean the electrical contacts using abrasive paper.

Yes, those are bones on the floor. I believe I referred to the well pump room as a "crypt" in yesterday's post. I suppose "ossuary" may have been a more accurate term. To the left of the bones... WARNING: NEXT SENTENCE IS NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH... a matted mat of grey-brown fur is visible. This seems to be all that remains of an unfortunate field mouse, and represents the most photogenic (meaning: least vomit-inducing) of several mouse remains littering the floor of this dank and dismal chamber.

But anything is better with the addition of glitter, right? And WD40 spray can fix almost anything, or anything where duct tape is not really appropriate. So having employed both WD40 and glitter, I'm sure everything is just fine and dandy now.

I sure want it to be, anyway.
LOL! Nothing like happy, glittery girls with confident smiles working on plumbing repairs amid mouse remains! Your ADAD photos are certainly the most varied in terms of settings and projects.

And I love that the little do-hickey tubes (sorry, I know nothing about plumbing repair...) in front of Shm'R and Shin'E look kind of pastel in nature. You've got a whole color scheme going here.
(05-11-2019, 10:57 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: LOL! Nothing like happy, glittery girls with confident smiles working on plumbing repairs amid mouse remains! 

Behind the scenes at Disneyland!   LOL
The Flairies do sound like handy little souls and they do it all with a cheerful smile.
Well, WD40, duct tape, glitter and, uh, magic words do seem to be perfect solution for any and every situation! I hope the pump will keep on pumping and no more adventures in The Halls of Gloom will be needed. Although, those mouse bones are actually quite cool!
I hope the pump keeps working and that you do not need to worry about the ridiculously ex.pensive repair.

Also: it looks like the two in the back are nattering about how the one in the front isn't doing any work at all, just posing.