davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Cap'n Janie looks amazing and I cannot.blame her for.being all grr at Nurse Triv. No one wants a big needle near them
Vell, matey, I 'af to ahdmit, zat be a verrry fine lass, rrripe forr bitin'! Afterr all, I neverr drrink... rrrum.

(That's the best vampirate talk I can pull off, vampire and pirate accents seem to be mutually exclusive)
(09-20-2019, 09:47 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Afterr all, I neverr drrink... rrrum.

LOL yay LOL  Excellent! I knew you could do it! (Altho' I was hoping for a link to an audio file.  Tongue )

[Image: september20.jpg]
20 September – Janie the Pirate

Yesterday's photo did not adequately showcase Janie's awesome pirate boots, so here ya go!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Janie makes a fantastic pirate.
What a fantastic outfit! Where did you find that? She looks great.
LOL at the closeup with the needle LOL Very effective shot.
(oops pun not intended xp )

(09-20-2019, 09:47 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: (That's the best vampirate talk I can pull off, ...
Now there's a whole new genre we really need to see! grin
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Those boots. They are fantastic boots
She really is the prettiest pirate!
(09-21-2019, 12:27 PM)Alliecat Wrote: What a fantastic outfit!  Where did you find that?  She looks great.

The dress, jacket, double-belt, and boots are official Smart Doll releases. The dress and boots have been discontinued, and the price of the jacket has recently been reduced.

The hat, hair, red ribbon, sword belt, and swords are from Pullip Captain Hook.

[Image: september21a.jpg]
21 September – Triv (Smart Doll Symphony) in her Cute Pink Stockings

[Image: september21b.jpg]

Since Janie (Smart Doll Harmony) got to show off her cool tall boots yesterday, Trivia (Smart Doll Symphony) wanted a chance to share her cute striped pink stockings.
She looks so cute and perky sitting there. Is she waiting to change your eyechips too? LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The pink stripy socks deserve as much showing off as the cool pirate boots.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Stripy socks! Is the lantern also an official prop? It’s pretty cool.
Hospitals would be much happier places if nurses wore stipey socks! Although I can't shake off the feeling that Triv is more of the horror type of nurse. Might be because of the giant shot and opening Janie's head without anaesthesia...
The volunteers in US hospitals are called ‘candy stripers’ They may wear stripy socks.
Well, please inform Triv that Helena is now asking for pink stripey socks just like hers. And a matching dress.
(09-22-2019, 02:41 PM)Alliecat Wrote: She looks so cute and perky sitting there.  Is she waiting to change your eyechips too?  LOL

I keep the door to her room locked at night, just in case.

(09-22-2019, 05:46 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The pink stripy socks deserve as much showing off as the cool pirate boots.

Trivie thought so, and considering that the needle in her syringe is almost as big as Janie's sword, I thought it best not to argue.

(09-22-2019, 05:52 PM)Elfy Wrote: Stripy socks! Is the lantern also an official prop? It’s pretty cool.

The lantern is a flimsy plastic Halloween/Christmas decoration found at a craft store. It looks better with a quick dash of spray paint.

(09-22-2019, 08:10 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Hospitals would be much happier places if nurses wore stipey socks! Although I can't shake off the feeling that Triv is more of the horror type of nurse. Might be because of the giant shot and opening Janie's head without anaesthesia...

Having once taken a First Aid course, Triv considers herself a highly trained professional, although she will admit that the hypodermic part is still largely trial and error.

(09-22-2019, 08:22 PM)Elfy Wrote: The volunteers in US hospitals are called ‘candy stripers’ They may wear stripy socks.

LOL  I did not know if anyone would get it if I'd made a candy stripers reference! Hospital volunteers used to wear red and white striped dresses. (I could not find any photos showing striped stockings, but it would make sense.)

(09-22-2019, 10:36 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Well, please inform Triv that Helena is now asking for pink stripey socks just like hers. And a matching dress.

Helena is in luck. The outfit was quite affordable, particularly by "big doll" clothing standards:

Nurse uniform:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lovely-Formal-U...2206381188

Striped stockings:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollmore-1-3-BJ...1757475882

Oh, wait... eBay UK:

Striped stockings:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dollmore-1-3-...1757475882

Nurse uniform: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lovely-Formal...2206381188

Oh My  Affordable even in British currency!

[Image: september22.jpg]
22 September – Triv Tries the Brunette Look

Triv wears an outfit made for her by her Instagram friends Izzy and Justice (@izzygray_n_justiceekpo). Triv not so secretly wants to be just like Izzy some day – poised, intelligent, sophisticated, and exceptionally photogenic – and almost everything she does is influenced to some extent by a little bit of Izzy envy. And then she feels badly about feeling envious of her sweet, kind, generous friend.

At least she's feeling a little bit more confident about her eyes. After considerable micro-tweaking, her eyes are looking much less crossed without appearing wall-eyed, and she is very happy about this.