davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
There's a good sense of can-do in the picture. Like she's in the middle of a big home renovation and is psyching herself up to do the rest of it. At least she has all the tools she'll need.
(03-23-2019, 10:20 AM)Elfy Wrote: Can’t hurry these things. I really do like that shot. There’s something real about it.

yay Something real - oh, good. The sense of labor-intensive tedium was effectively conveyed. 

(03-23-2019, 11:34 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: She looks like she's starring in some kind of DIY/ home renovation show. Very cool!

A home renovation show starring dolls and action figures would be awesome! 

(03-23-2019, 08:46 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Yay for getting back to unfinished projects! And I always love to see your Smart Dolls!

The tricky part will be getting back to the unfinished project long enough to finish it!

(03-24-2019, 03:25 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Like she's in the middle of a big home renovation and is psyching herself up to do the rest of it. 

That is exactly what's happening here, the "psyching up" part. With mixed results.

[Image: march23a.jpg]
23 March - Carly & The Doctor

C:"Why do we never end up on, say, a warm tropical beach? Or at a swanky five star hotel? Or anyplace that's not utterly and irredeemably horrible?"

D:"Well... at least it looks like we've arrived near the end of an ice age this time, Jo."

C:"Your eternal optimism is somehow infernally depressing. And stop calling me 'Jo.'"

I have long held the opinion that iCarly would have made the ultimate companion for Doctor Who.

iCarly Fashion Switch Carly by Playmates Toys
Doctor Who (Third Doctor) figure by Underground Toys

Here's an out-take... because neon_jellyfish enjoys the "face plant" photos:

[Image: march23b.jpg]

LOL
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Ha! Perfect.

Also; Three, you need one of your epic capes for this weather.
(03-24-2019, 06:10 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Also; Three, you need one of your epic capes for this weather.

I wish this figure came with a cape!
Triv looks like one of the ever-cheerful hosts on a home Reno show.

The Doctor & Carly dialogue sounds eerily familiar - I reckon versions of it has been said by a few of the companions smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I think that’s definitely a recreated scene from an early Dr Who, only this time in colour! Carly reminds me of Susan.
Haha. "Suddenly a wormhole began to open under Carly-Jo's feet and she vanished into the snow with a soft 'whump'..." LOL
I agree Triv looks quite ready and competent to take on whatever task. Cute.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Hahaa! KO'ed by Doctor's eternal optimism! Thanks for including the faceplant one!
(03-24-2019, 08:09 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Triv looks like one of the ever-cheerful hosts on a home Reno show.

The Doctor & Carly dialogue sounds eerily familiar - I reckon versions of it has been said by a few of the companions smile

If they didn't say it, they were probably thinking it!

Yeah, Triv aspires to be a TV host like Nicole from Rehab Addict; unfortunately, Triv falls a little short when it comes to the actual carpentry skills.

(03-24-2019, 09:12 AM)Elfy Wrote: I think that’s definitely a recreated scene from an early Dr Who, only this time in colour! Carly reminds me of Susan.

I owned a First Doctor figure for a little while, but the chemistry with Carly just wasn't there.

(03-24-2019, 03:47 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Haha.  "Suddenly a wormhole began to open under Carly-Jo's feet and she vanished into the snow with a soft 'whump'..."

Yeah, it's all like Dune and stuff, only in the snow.

(03-24-2019, 06:08 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Thanks for including the faceplant one!

Or in this case, a bum-plant!  yay

[Image: march24.jpg]
24 March – Playmates Toys 'Dinosaur King' Zoe Drake (and Paris the Parasaurolophus) Action Figure

The Dinosaur King animated TV series did not receive wide distribution in the U.S., nor did the action figures.
The figures based on the series were manufactured by Playmates Toys, the same company that made the iCarly Fashion Switch Carly toys.
I never heard of this show, but the figures are cute. Yay for dinosaurs in the snow! LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Yay for all the snow pics! And Triv is lovely!
Ooh a dinosaur that survived the ice age!
Her wide open eyes make Zoe look like she's freezing in the snow, poor thing. Paris is cute!
I have to agree with neon, poor Zoe looks like she's freezing. Paris, on the other hand, looks very interested in this cold, white, wet stuff. Probably wondering if they can eat it.
(03-25-2019, 11:14 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I never heard of this show, but the figures are cute.  Yay for dinosaurs in the snow!  LOL

I had not heard of the show until a Flickr contact posted a photo of the Dinosaur King figure several years ago. From what I've read, it sounds interesting, but I've never seen an episode. I was able to track down the action figure on eBay.

(03-25-2019, 01:22 PM)GreysPrincess Wrote: Yay for all the snow pics! And Triv is lovely!

Yay?  sly  Ermm... okay, if you say so. 

yay

But Triv appreciates (as in, gleefully agrees with) the compliment, and she feels inspired to make another appearance today.

(03-25-2019, 02:53 PM)Elfy Wrote: Ooh a dinosaur that survived the ice age!

Or a dinosaur that is about to succumb to an impending ice age.

(03-25-2019, 06:19 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Her wide open eyes make Zoe look like she's freezing in the snow, poor thing. Paris is cute!

Yeah, she's not exactly dressed for chilly weather, is she?

(03-25-2019, 11:41 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I have to agree with neon, poor Zoe looks like she's freezing. Paris, on the other hand, looks very interested in this cold, white, wet stuff. Probably wondering if they can eat it.

Little does Paris realize that the onset of an ice age will not bode well for dinosaur kind.

[Image: march25.jpg]
25 March – Fish in a tree? How can that be?

Well, not a fish, exactly, but whenever tree climbing is involved, that line from Dr. Seuss' Hop on Pop never fails to "pop" into my head.

Yesterday, Triv (Smart Doll Symphony) saw some pictures of her online friend Izzy (@izzygray_n_justiceekpo on Instagram) climbing trees. When the sun briefly peeked out from behind the clouds early today, Trivia insisted that she wanted to climb some trees, too.