davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Yay, more love for Basil.
LOL LOL I remember the bear now too!
Pretty much what dargosmydaddy said about the skulls and his innocent appearance was what I was going to write.
You'll have to let us know how the movie was.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I wouldn't ex³pect Monday to like a Disney movie so much, there must be something sinister behind it...
Yes! Original theatrical version is SUCH a win.

I would be surprised at Cousin Monday liking such a film, considering that Disney is an evil the likes of which the Addamses do not approve of... but this is an amazing film, and Rattigan is voiced by their dear departed distant relative Vincent Price

(Come on, you just know he would love Addams Family.)

Also, also? I really like the carpet.
(08-21-2019, 09:30 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Yes! Original theatrical version is SUCH a win.

I would be surprised at Cousin Monday liking such a film, considering that Disney is an evil the likes of which the Addamses do not approve of... but this is an amazing film, and Rattigan is voiced by their dear departed distanct relative Vincent Price

(Come on, you just know he would love Addams Family.)

I think you’re right, at heart Vincent Price was an Addams.
(08-21-2019, 02:41 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Oh gosh, it was that bear....

Yes, it was that bear!   yay

(08-21-2019, 05:08 PM)Elfy Wrote: Yay, more love for Basil.

While I was reading about this movie online, I discovered that the Basil, Mr. Rathbone himself, makes a cameo (voice) appearance, so I knew I had to see it, and off to eBay I dashed!

(08-21-2019, 05:08 PM)Alliecat Wrote: You'll have to let us know how the movie was.

I am looking forward to watching it. It is a surprisingly short movie, at barely an hour and a quarter.

(08-21-2019, 07:00 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I wouldn't ex³pect Monday to like a Disney movie so much, there must be something sinister behind it...

Two words: VINCENT PRICE!

(08-21-2019, 09:30 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I would be surprised at Cousin Monday liking such a film, considering that Disney is an evil the likes of which the Addamses do not approve of... but this is an amazing film, and Rattigan is voiced by their dear departed distant relative Vincent Price

Well... to be precise, Cousin Monday did not directly state that she, herself, liked the film; but that it is well-liked in her household.   Tongue

The carpet, yes; that carpet reminds me a bit of the carpet in a particular manor house, a manor house with a secret stairway and lovely overstuffed furniture, of which I have seen photographs.
yay

(08-21-2019, 09:49 PM)Elfy Wrote: I think you’re right, at heart Vincent Price was an Addams.

Definitely Addams-esque in style. Here's a fun pic: Vincent Price, Gomez Addams, and a Special Friend

Today's post was directly inspired by a post from dargosmydaddy last week: Week Thirty-One (Only Slightly Late)

[Image: august21.jpg]
21 August – Postwar Era Secretarial Pool

As noted above, dargosmydaddy's "typewriter post" last week inspired me to find my own manual typewriter, an "art moderne" Underwood. And who better to showcase with this 1948 Model S machine than my lovely secretary, Dilettante.

In this photo, Dilettante is demonstrating the convenience of the front-mounted margin setting levers of the Model S.

I did not actually know the model number or year of this machine until a short while ago. I was fairly certain it was a late 40s / early 50s model, but that was a "best guess" based on the styling. A bit of internet research after snapping today's photos turned up a totally amazing web site: The Typewriter Data Base (TWDB).

From the TWDB web site, I was able to identify the model and year of this typewriter. (And of course I was correct about the date; I know stuff like this.  yay )

Dragging out this machine (and finally de-boxing Dilettante) also inspired me further. First, I ordered a new typewriter ribbon online. Once the ribbon arrives, I plan to clean up and lubricate this machine. Once it's back in action, I intend to use it! After all, NaNoWriMo will be here before we know it! In that regard, I also ordered a set of "Story Forge" cards, a tool (or a gimmick, depending upon who you ask) to help would-be authors stymied in the story development stage to get their plots and characters moving. (Here's a review of the Story Forge cards and a demonstration of how to use them by a published author.)

Looking at this photo, I can't help but wonder why I sold my original Pullip Dilettante. I'm so happy that she was re-issued. I think I shall appreciate her much more the second time around.

Plus, it turns out she's an excellent typist. Who knew?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
This is great, and I love Dilletante. She has a very stern disapproving secretary look there, probably because was kept in a box for so long!
Oh, that information is amazing to find out. Dilletante really seems like she'd be right at home in the smoky atmosphere of a 40s/50s typists room.
She’s lovely, and I’m so pleased she’s out of her box LOL

She suits the idea of tg$ typing pool from the 50’s
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Such a sophisticated beauty, with the faintest hint of danger hiding under the sweet immaculate facade! I bet she's one of those 'secret weapon' class secretaries.
(08-22-2019, 08:18 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I bet she's one of those 'secret weapon' class secretaries.

Ooh, I love that. That type of Secretary who can do nearly anything, so just don't question it and always make sure you pay them on time.
Dilettante and the typewriter are both lovely! I don't think I've ever seen what's under Dilettante's coat before-- I love her outfit!
YAY unboxing.
I agree with Dilettante being a secret-agent-type secretary. She looks like she's got some secrets.
Tell us what you come up with, from the Story Forge cards. Interesting idea....
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(08-22-2019, 03:49 PM)Elfy Wrote: This is great, and I love Dilletante. She has a very stern disapproving secretary look there, probably because was kept in a box for so long!

Well, it wasn't that long; at least, not compared to some of my other... uhh... still boxed dolls and figures.  Sweatdrop

(08-22-2019, 05:00 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh, that information is amazing to find out. Dilletante really seems like she'd be right at home in the smoky atmosphere of a 40s/50s typists room.

I'm going to have to find her a pack of cigarettes.  Tongue  I was surprised at how much she looks like a character out of that era.

(08-22-2019, 06:06 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She’s lovely, and I’m so pleased she’s out of her box LOL

She suits the idea of a typing pool from the 50’s

She, too, is pleased; although being put to work immediately after escaping from her box may not have been what she had in mind.

(08-22-2019, 08:18 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Such a sophisticated beauty, with the faintest hint of danger hiding under the sweet immaculate facade! I bet she's one of those 'secret weapon' class secretaries.

Just don't look in her handbag. (Note to self: Dilettante needs a 1940s style handbag.)

(08-22-2019, 09:47 PM)werepuppy Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 08:18 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I bet she's one of those 'secret weapon' class secretaries.

Ooh, I love that. That type of Secretary who can do nearly anything, so just don't question it and always make sure you pay them on time.

Pay? Oh, right, about that....

(08-23-2019, 02:30 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Dilettante and the typewriter are both lovely! I don't think I've ever seen what's under Dilettante's coat before-- I love her outfit!

Her coat is very nice, but I think the outfit under the coat is even nicer!

(08-23-2019, 11:38 AM)Alliecat Wrote: YAY unboxing.
I agree with Dilettante being a secret-agent-type secretary.  She looks like she's got some secrets.
Tell us what you come up with, from the Story Forge cards.  Interesting idea....

Oh, I'm sure she has lots of secrets! Or, she knows lots of secrets... about a lot of people!

[Image: august22.jpg]
22 August – Sorta Steampunk

Following a conversation on an action figure forum, I've been trying to cobble together a 'steampunk' style GI Joe figure without having to buy a bunch of stuff. I purchased the jacket recently, but the rest of the bits and pieces are things I already had on hand. In addition to Hasbro GI Joe pieces, the elements include parts from 21st Century Toys, TBLeague, and Pinky Street.

Yes, Pinky Street.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I'm getting something between kinda dieselpunk and sorta steampunk vibes from him. It's a very cool outfit, and it's very coherent, considering you put it together from random pieces!