davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Don't worry, girls, you're getting there! Many hands make light work, after all!
Triv definitely needs a smaller brush.
(10-12-2019, 11:32 PM)davidd Wrote:
Applying wood sealer to the wooden poles turned in to a multi-day project,...
Oh man. That looks like a stinker of a job. "What would MacGyver do" hasn't yielded any brilliant ideas as to faster ways to deal with that.
Maybe you need to get more dolls on the job.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
That looks like a hard & tedious job - the girls are doing a great job though.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(10-12-2019, 11:45 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: It must be hard to use brushes this big! 

The theory was that a big brush would make the task go faster by covering more area with each stroke.

(10-13-2019, 12:16 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Don't worry, girls, you're getting there! Many hands make light work, after all!

"Many hands? Maybe. But there are only two of us. Are you volunteering to come help?"

(10-13-2019, 11:30 AM)Elfy Wrote: Triv definitely needs a smaller brush.

Yeah, her "bigger brush" theory didn't work out as well as she had hoped.

Alliecat

My brilliant "MacGuyver idea" was to get Jane and Trivia to do most of the work.  LOL

(10-13-2019, 06:50 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: That looks like a hard & tedious job - the girls are doing a great job though.

It was actually a very nice day, with warm temperatures and zero wind, so the time passed quite pleasantly... other than the working part.

The girls take a break from painting and varnishing to assemble a Feuerhand Pyron outdoor fire ring:

[Image: october13i.jpg]
13 October – Assembling the Pyron
Janie: "Let me guess; you bought this thing."
Triv: "Yeah! How'd you know?"

[Image: october13h.jpg]

[Image: october13g.jpg]

[Image: october13f.jpg]

[Image: october13e.jpg]
"What does it say? I can't read it from in here!"

[Image: october13d.jpg]
"Where does this go?"

[Image: october13c.jpg]

[Image: october13b.jpg]

[Image: october13a.jpg]
"Ta Daaaaa! Yes, we are awesome!"
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Excellent job posing these two! I wish my Smart Dolls were as helpful.
Triv and fire. Be afraid Janie, be very afraid.
Of course Triv ordered the fire-pit LOL

Excellent set of construction photos
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
They can do just about anything!

Next shows Triv is going to host will be Pyromania For Beginners and Arson 101.
Of course Triv ordered a fire pit - I'm telling you, you need to watch that girl.

The posing here is brilliant, they look so industrious!
The picture inside the plastic bag made me laugh!
What a fun set of photos! I laughed at them in the fire ring, and I like the instruction book one (the little detail of her foot a bit sideways; a real person might do that) and handing-up-the-grille one; they look so natural and like they're really doing the work. But the posing in all is great.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(10-14-2019, 12:17 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I wish my Smart Dolls were as helpful.

Try bribing them with sugar or threatening them with eBay.  LOL

(10-14-2019, 08:38 PM)werepuppy Wrote: They look so industrious!

They're good at looking industrious when they're being watched... like many of us do when we are at our jobs.

(10-14-2019, 11:57 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: The picture inside the plastic bag made me laugh!

Triv laughed until she couldn't breathe.

(10-15-2019, 10:28 AM)Alliecat Wrote: They look so natural and like they're really doing the work.  

They can put on the appearance of working very hard when it suits their purposes.

[Image: october14a.jpg]
14 October – "Building the Pyron was fun. Ya wanna try another one?"
"How many of these fire thingies did you buy?"

[Image: october14b.jpg]

[Image: october14c.jpg]

[Image: october14d.jpg]
"Klaatu... Barada... Nicto!"

[Image: october14e.jpg]
A couple of airheads

[Image: october14f.jpg]
'This one is actually a little bit more complicated than the first one. We're gonna need some tools."
"No problemo! Standard or metric?"

[Image: october14g.jpg]

[Image: october14h.jpg]

[Image: october14i.jpg]
"Ermm... weren't we supposed to end up on the outside of this thing?"
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Knowing Triv, the answer to Janie’s question is ‘a lot’.
LOL

This was such a cute and funny episode! And wow, you're taking more and more photos every time, with more and more sophisticated posing! That must be A LOT of work. Bravo!