Elfy's Doll a Week 2019
Haha, Finn indeed does look like he has no idea what's going on!
(09-15-2019, 04:19 PM)davidd Wrote: (Finn... just tell the girls you're supporting Collingwood... because you like pies. They will be very impressed by your knowledge. Really, they will.)

That might fool a couple of the girls who really don’t care one way or the other, but won’t fool the dedicated fans (like Evie & Meredith) at all.
They would believe he likes pies but not The Pies LOL as much as he might claim otherwise, red and green horizontal stripes ARE NOT the same as black and white vertical stripes .

That is a great representation of what goes on in the house most winter weekends, really.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Nice to see them having fun watching the game. Poor Meredith not getting to support her team, and poor Finn being so confused but it's nice that Evie's having a nice time.
I like how the 2 girls look so keen and Finn just looks like he's waiting for it to be over LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I was going to do some stuff with Daisy in the garden, but the weather didn't cooperate and then I kind of lost the light. 
The VFL arm of the Aussie Rules team that Evie and I follow won their Grand Final today, and Evie was in the mood to celebrate. Here she is with Daisy (who doesn't quite know what on Earth is going on) and Dusty the singing Richmond bear, enjoying a rendition of the club's theme song.

[Image: 6f3758bede3b010ce49f2ce1f1d8bd09.jpg]

Little note: the AFL team also made the Grand Final, so it's a Richmond celebration here.

Sadly, David's Pies were beaten in their preliminary final, however their VFLW (ladies) team did win their Grand Final earlier today.

Carn' the Tiges! YELLOW and BLACK!
Uh... Yaaay! I also have no idea what's going on, but that's great the team you follow won! The celebrating crew is most adorable!
Aussie Rules football is a big deal down here in winter. The team I follow, I’ve followed from birth. Both parents were mad keen supporters. We went 37 years without winning the final before 2017, so getting back there in 2 years is awesome.
Woo that your team won!

I do not understand but woo all the same!
Hello hello
Hello hello
Hello hello
How are you?

Oh... wait. That's the wrong singing animal.

Although... a singing bear representing the Tigers seems a bit... odd.

Anyway, well done, Tigers! We will be pulling for you to crush the team that knocked out Collingwood in a nail-biter that came down to the wire.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Yay for your team! smile
Well, Daisy, it's a fluffy singing bear... go with it LOL
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Yes it is fluffy singing bear. I was so excited after our VFL name that I got his name wrong. Dusty is the fluffy Tiger dog that doesn’t sing. Jack is the bear. When you push his paw he belts out the club’s theme song. If we win on Saturday I may post a performance from him on Instagram.
All the Richmond toys are named for players (past & present), Jack is the original toy, named for this guy Captain Blood (Jack Dyer)
A number of years ago the licensing part of the AFL did bears for each of the clubs that sings their team song when the paw is pressed.  No relation to the animal / thing that is the symbol of the club, of course!

Then there's Dusty (Dustin) the Dog, named for this bloke Dustin Martin  - he looks very scary/intimidating in the photos, but seems to be a lovely bloke in general.

And then there's Daniel the Duck - I named him for my favourite Tigers player (he also wears my lucky number  LOLDaniel Rioli

And finally the newest member that we got in Tasmania, a small bear with a handknitted (not by me) outfit.  He was nameless until a week ago, when I decided to call him after an underrated player (he doesn't do the "kicky-thing" - he defends against the other side's players doing the "kicky thing") Bachar Houli  Coincidentally, he used to play for the team I support, but we got rid og him because he "wasn't good enough" - something we probably regret now  LOL Sweatdrop

It's all very ecxiting in the house this week - I hope Daisy works out what's happening before Saturday smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(09-23-2019, 05:04 PM)Elfy Wrote: When you push his paw he belts out the club’s theme song. If we win on Saturday I may post a performance from him on Instagram.
Haha, please do! With a link for those of us who aren't on there. smile
Will do. Gives you a reason to barrack for us.
These were done yesterday before the big game. For anyone who is interested the Mighty Richmond Tigers smashed GWS Giants by a whopping 89 points. Evie hasn't shut up or stopped celebrating since.

[Image: 9ac45e2081f8077068b368d15656429d.jpg]

Evie with her crew before the game: Jack the singing bear, Daniel the duck, Dusty the fluffy dog and Bachar the small bear. As Lejays explained eariler all the toys are named after present or past Richmond players.

[Image: eee4dc2865bf5ebd930e90849577cef8.jpg]

Out the front with her flag and Jack the Richmond garden gnome (Jack is a popular player name at Tigerland, at last count I think we have at least 4 on the list).

And as a bonus, if we won the game I promised to have a performance of the Jack the singing bear doing our theme song on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B28ngIMHxTV/