Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Such a cute Vampire Ted. Love his opera cloak, old-fashioned vampires aren’t right without it.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Haha, vampire bear! Does one cuddle him before or after he bites?
(11-18-2019, 01:34 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Is his nose bat-shaped?
I said the same thing! LOL

'Vintage' Clarice and her kitty are cute.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Poor little vampire bear, can only kill victims through a dose of extreme cuteness.
(11-18-2019, 01:34 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Is his nose bat-shaped? That's adorably apropos!

His nose is bat-shaped! I always found it an adorable little touch.

(11-18-2019, 03:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: He's so darn adorable, I can't even...

Heh. He's from a company called Spiral Gothic. A present a good few years back around Giftmas from the parents, who had seen him and knew I would love. Bat Cat was also a gift from them, actually, and from that company. 

(11-18-2019, 06:35 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Such a cute Vampire Ted.  Love his opera cloak, old-fashioned vampires aren’t right without it.

I have to agree, as much as I like the modern takes on the vampire that don't use cloaks. (I grew up with Buffy the Vampire Slayer... Of course I like the modern vamp. Especially a Spike who gives no cares apart from him, always entertaining.) It just suits Ted.

(11-18-2019, 08:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Haha, vampire bear!  Does one cuddle him before or after he bites?

'Vintage' Clarice and her kitty are cute.

Well, his bites are very fuzzy...

Seriously, I always wondered about the popularity of Silkstones but I have to admit that vintage feel is amazing. Plus the weight of them...

(11-18-2019, 02:59 PM)Elfy Wrote: Poor little vampire bear, can only kill victims through a dose of extreme cuteness.

Ah, but doesn't that make him a perfect predator? He's so cute, you can't help but be drawn near...

- - - 

322: Jeans
[Image: 62326984_cc29dfe5585722bcfbbea25db40f5f2e_standard.jpg]
Sid got some new jeans! It is surprisingly hard to find Barbie jeans. It really should be easier to do this. But the majority of newer fashion packs are skirts or dresses and Ken trousers are a bit too wide to fit this Made to Move body - I suspect they might fit the curvy one well... But yeah. Fashion packs? Release jeans!
I don't really keep an eye on Barbie, so I didn't know about jeans being such a rarity! Despite all the skincolors and bodyshapes they've been doing lately, the core of Barbie didn't change all that much, I guess...
Jeans are a sad rarity in the Ken fashion packs, too-- it's frequently shorts, even when the tops aren't particularly summer-y/ warm weather-y. Very annoying!

Sid looks cute.
I'm surprised about the jeans. Hard to find locally, I assume you mean? There are tons on eBay for cheap.
I don't recall, is that a stock MTM head or did you customize somewhat?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Your comment about cute camouflage made me think of Claudia, the child vampire in Interview with a Vampire and gave me a shudder.
(11-19-2019, 02:05 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I don't really keep an eye on Barbie, so I didn't know about jeans being such a rarity! Despite all the skincolors and bodyshapes they've been doing lately, the core of Barbie didn't change all that much, I guess...

I think it's more that dresses do just tend to be easier overall for changing around on smaller scales but... yeaaaah.

(11-19-2019, 07:32 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Jeans are a sad rarity in the Ken fashion packs, too-- it's frequently shorts, even when the tops aren't particularly summer-y/ warm weather-y. Very annoying!

Sid looks cute.

Can we get weather appropriate fashion packs? That would be cool! 

(11-19-2019, 09:09 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I'm surprised about the jeans.  Hard to find locally, I assume you mean?  There are tons on eBay for cheap.  
I don't recall, is that a stock MTM head or did you customize somewhat?

Locally / currently, as in made to fit more current body shapes for Mattel. The older ones can be ill-fitting in a very noticable way.

Sid is a Fashionista head on a MTM body. Not the best for skin tone match, if I am honest, but it photographs decently. I like being able to pose, and there's only ... well one brand I let away with the old body style and that's just BeGoths.

(11-19-2019, 02:39 PM)Elfy Wrote: Your comment about cute camouflage made me think of Claudia, the child vampire in Interview with a Vampire and gave me a shudder.

It's a terrifying thing and entirely plausible, so ... yeah. Big thing.

- - - 

323: More Traditional Witching
[Image: 62393032_b8d30003c4ba0c67db6056bfaf52280c_standard.jpg]
This time Matilda is wearing the dress from the 2007 Pink Label Wicked Witch of the West. Though the hat is sewn to the head on that doll, hence why Matilda doesn't have it on.
Beautifully eerie! She kinda looks like she's luring someone to their doom, probably because she wants to sacrifice them (and they're most likely perfectly fine with it, because they're in trance).
(11-20-2019, 09:47 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Beautifully eerie! She kinda looks like she's luring someone to their doom, probably because she wants to sacrifice them (and they're most likely perfectly fine with it, because they're in trance).

Ooh, this is a great image. I mean, totally not who Matilda is, but at the same time, a chilling prospect into who she could be. 

- - - 

324: The Big Bad
[Image: 62429562_c8669d9416f98ea5dfa0c74c88eba0e8_standard.jpg]
Inspired by rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer when I can't sleep, here's a picture of Spike. Also known as William the Bloody. Also given the title Slayer of Slayers. So generally one of the more fun vampire characters in this show, let's be honest.

This is the Sideshow release - one of them - and I got him second hand a few years back. One day I will somehow get him a better body and more tailored stock - the Sideshow body is a bit too big I think. That being said? Still an amazing figure to have.
I don't know Buffy, and have no idea who this guy is, but Slayer of Slayers sounds hardcore! Nice coat. I do tend to like characters in long black coats.
So utterly hopeless as William (called the Bloody because of his Bloody Awful Poetry smile )

Absolutely my (generally) favourite character on Buffy, not bad for someone who wasn’t supposed to survive the first few episodes.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Not only the most fun, but one of the best. One of the great moments of the series when he dusted ‘the Annoying One’.
Sorry, guys, been up all night coughing. Will post two pictures tomorrow to make up for the missing today