Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(02-28-2019, 11:00 AM)Alliecat Wrote: This would make the world a much more fun place. Even if we didn't get to see it.

I've seen movies about dolls that come to life. "Fun" is not what usually ensues.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(02-27-2019, 11:27 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That pattern is really cute! She looks like she really likes it!

It was a great fabric, I'm glad I got to use it for something. She seems really happy with it.

(02-28-2019, 11:00 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Cute fabric. Great that you could save some of the old pajamas. I should do that with a worn-out set that's too cute to throw out.

(02-27-2019, 09:43 PM)werepuppy Wrote: It really is. (Though part of me still thinks in Toy Story terms and would like to think my dolls have a great personal life when I'm not around. It's a fun image, really...)
This would make the world a much more fun place. Even if we didn't get to see it.

I'm really glad I was able to use the fabric. And yes! Toy Story life man, it makes things fun.

(02-28-2019, 01:25 PM)davidd Wrote: I've seen movies about dolls that come to life. "Fun" is not what usually ensues.

... And now I'm just hiding weapons from Wednesday...

- - -

59. New Trousers
[Image: 52123350_5360e13c460fdd106cfe2711b21b9e34_standard.jpg]
More sewing done, this time trousers for Jack!
Khaki trousers! Kewlness! Are you going to make an entire safari-style ensemble for him? Jack could become Jack Hannah, the TV animal guy!
Simple but nice and they will go with anything he might get in the future! Nice job!
Good job; pants can be hard.

(02-28-2019, 01:25 PM)davidd Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 11:00 AM)Alliecat Wrote: This would make the world a much more fun place. Even if we didn't get to see it.
I've seen movies about dolls that come to life. "Fun" is not what usually ensues.
Can we just for a moment try to imagine a world of dolls with aloha spirit and not the shock-and-gore-seeking world of too many scriptwriters?? xp
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(03-01-2019, 03:16 AM)davidd Wrote: Khaki trousers! Kewlness! Are you going to make an entire safari-style ensemble for him? Jack could become Jack Hannah, the TV animal guy!

They're meant to be grey, but you're right, they do look pretty khaki there. I... don't know if that's in my plans. Honestly, it wasn't, I was hoping to go for more of a Jack Dawkins vibe but now you've planted that idea... It could be a possible...

(03-01-2019, 03:26 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Simple but nice and they will go with anything he might get in the future! Nice job!

That was the aim! I'm hoping to make a pair from a blue fabric I have that will look a bit more like jeans, ideally. Thank you! 

(03-01-2019, 11:17 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Good job; pants can be hard.

Can we just for a moment try to imagine a world of dolls with aloha spirit and not the shock-and-gore-seeking world of too many scriptwriters??  xp

Thank you, and they really can! I keep having to double check I've sewn them the right way before doing the crotch seams because if you don't do it right the first time, it will mess up. (Good with with block colour fabric it's not too much of a hassle, but printed fabric there would be issues.)

And I will imagine that world, if only because the shock-and-gore seeking ideas for dolls are beyond cliché now? Though I did see a fun idea about a haunted doll being "adopted" by a human android and that was just really cute.

- - - 

60. 1982 Pedigree Sindy
[Image: 52158483_ca21341a760fa29f334f1a22a8353b6b_standard.jpg]
A blonde 1982 Pedigree Sindy. She's wearing a Faerie Glen dress. Sindy was the UK's answer to Barbie and was sort of the girl-next-door to the supermodel type. She first came out in the 60s and has been around in some form since then.

This is my only Pedigree girl, I would quite like to get hold of another. And maybe some more Faerie Glen outfits. (They were a company that also made dolls of a similar size to Sindy and the outfits are just as popular.)
I love learning about all these vintage dolls that pop up in various challenge threads! She's a cutie!
(03-02-2019, 03:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love learning about all these vintage dolls that pop up in various challenge threads! She's a cutie!

I’ve had such an education in different doll & toy lines the last 2 years through these threads.

I had heard of Sindy before, but didn’t realise that she wasn’t American, a different version of Barbie
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Some of the Sindy releases, like the one you picture here, are very cute with charming face-ups. That is quite a lovely outfit you've found for her.
Toy Story was a good, ant not gore soaked vision of living dolls.
(03-02-2019, 03:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love learning about all these vintage dolls that pop up in various challenge threads! She's a cutie!

(03-02-2019, 07:33 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: I’ve had such an education in different doll & toy lines the last 2 years through these threads.
I had heard of Sindy before, but didn’t realise that she wasn’t American, a different version of Barbie

Both of you might enjoy having a quick read of the Wiki page on Sindy. It's not the most detailed of histories, but it gives a good overview of the line. Pedigree-made Sindy dolls tend to stand out a bit as being the most popular ones among collectors, largely as they were very much unique in the UK doll market at the time. 

(03-02-2019, 09:33 AM)davidd Wrote: Some of the Sindy releases, like the one you picture here, are very cute with charming face-ups. That is quite a lovely outfit you've found for her.

Thank you! Some of them do show a bit of wear and tear from being the favoured toys of years. Her outfit is from a company called Faerie Glen, who did make toys and their own doll lines - Gigi being one of them. Since they were also marketing in the UK, Gigi favoured Sindy's proportions and thus Faerie Glen made clothing tends to fit Sindy well. Some pieces are just as desirable as vintage Sindy pieces. (Sindy also has really awesome furniture and accessories if you can find them on eBay that work well with 1/6 scale people and - as a bonus - are not predominately pink like most of Barbie's releases.)

(03-02-2019, 12:05 PM)Elfy Wrote: Toy Story was a good, ant not gore soaked vision of living dolls.

Agreed. Though the haunted doll and android thing I mentioned earlier was a cute concept - each saw the other as the same as them and... yeah, just a lot of the situations that were suggested came across as fun. It would make a great comedy.

- - - 

61. Model and I Know It
[Image: 52184993_9e281e334b2ac0a51888bf3fabcb3310_standard.jpg]
Jack models off his new top, made from the same fabric as Olivia's.  Because they are 100% the friends who would buy matching tops. The dorks. Jack is also showing off because he knows he's a handsome sort.
Aww, matching tops! That's so cute. And he definitely has that 'model look' down to a fine art!
I love learning about foreign dolls. Sindy looks great.

Also, that Star Wars fabric is cute.
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
Cool that you're having fun making matching outfits from that fabric. Jack is definitely being model-y LOL
I remember hearing about Sindy. I don't think I knew she was British. Yours is very cute.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Nice job on the sewing! Sindy may have been intended as a Barbie type doll, but she seems to have more in common with Ideal Tammy.