Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Peter Davidson made some very meta comments about his relationship with Tennant when he hosted the Dr Who Symphony Orchestra show here.
(03-22-2019, 11:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: There's an official Youtube channel?  Of course there is.
Maybe I could catch up on all the episodes I missed when it stopped being on any channel we can get here.
Anyway, a couple of nice trios you have there.  
And Mr Clean Magic Eraser is supposed to help a lot with marks on dolls.  I've used it for minor marks but nothing too big or dark.

I don't think all the episodes are on them, but there's a lot of clips at least! 

And thank you, I will try that eraser. 

(03-22-2019, 03:18 PM)Elfy Wrote: Peter Davidson made some very meta comments about his relationship with Tennant when he hosted the Dr Who Symphony Orchestra show here.

He did that in a video for some convention here... Peter and David seem to have a laugh about the whole thing. 

- - - 

81. The Thirteenth Doctor
[Image: 48977383_fd9b4955134fbb59ee6b291e8a7afab6_standard.jpg]
Little bit of an action shot with her holding her sonic screwdriver. One hand is molded to do so and it can be a little bit of a tight fit. Not too much, but then again the sonic is really small. I'm going to put it away somewhere safe.
I really like her coat!
I concur with neon_jellyfish, the jacket looks very nice! Is Thirteen a 1:6 scale figure?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Yeah, I can see how the sonic could be easily lost. I want a Graeme doll. He was the star of the last series. He could be holding a cheese and cucumber sarnie.
(03-23-2019, 02:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I really like her coat!

It is a really cool coat! 

(03-23-2019, 05:36 AM)davidd Wrote: I concur with neon_jellyfish, the jacket looks very nice! Is Thirteen a 1:6 scale figure?

Thirteen is about 10"/26cm tall, so she is a 1:6 scale figure, if a bit shorter. Great articulation and generally really good for her price point (£20-£25 in the UK, so average prices at the moment.) She does look alright with 1:6 scale stuff so it would work well. She is available on Amazon US but I don't know if that would be her best price. 

(03-23-2019, 10:23 AM)Elfy Wrote: Yeah, I can see how the sonic could be easily lost. I want a Graeme doll. He was the star of the last series. He could be holding a cheese and cucumber sarnie.

I am hoping they do at least make figures for their 5" range of the new companions. And I fully agree, Graham was the stand-out of the last series. 

- - - 

82. Azone Ex Cute Family PureNeemo Majokko Little Witch of the Wisdom
[Image: 48977401_b564fb6089e1a225f2baffe67305f60d_standard.jpg]
So I've been hoping to get hold of an Azone doll for a few years now and on my birthday last year, my Mum managed to find this darling at a steal of a price. Hence a birthday gift for me.  She's part of the Ex Cute Family and is marked on the back to be the 1st version. 

I adore her. Honestly I do. And she's part of my extended Addams Clan in the 1:6 scale, being Sera Frump. Anyway, this is her in her completely stock. I need to fix her proper stock shoes but I don't have the right glue, so she's wearing rubber Licca-chan ones at the moment.
More stripey socks! And round eyeglasses! What a superb outfit!
Is there a Cousin Itt Addams Family doll? I feel that there has to be.
What a little cutie! I love the Azone dolls.
She's cute. What a nice birthday gift smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Squeee! So cute!!! For now, I decided not to get Azone dolls because I don't like the Friction body, but their last two dolls came out on Emotion body (both anime colabs), so I'll be keeping an eye on new releases and eventually get one (or two, or ten). But I do love the old designs, like the Majokko line!
Love the Doctor Who dolls, that is my biggest and most long-lasting fandom. I don't have any dolls of the characters as such, but I have FunkoPops, a vast collection of lego-figures, some felt mice, and a crocheted Dr Whooves. Plus the Rory felt toy I took a pic of a few weeks ago.
I do want to get Thirteen's outfit for the Pullip family, I think I will need to assemble it myself from different sellers.

The extended family member looks great, do you have a shot of all of them together?
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(03-24-2019, 06:09 AM)davidd Wrote: More stripey socks! And round eyeglasses! What a superb outfit!

I really think the eyeglasses add such a lovely touch to it. They soften her face so much.

(03-24-2019, 09:14 AM)Elfy Wrote: Is there a Cousin Itt Addams Family doll? I feel that there has to be.

Not yet, no. I do hope at some point to make a Cousin Whatt (Itt's child from Addams Family Values) but I am still trying to work out how I'm going to do that. 

(03-24-2019, 02:07 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: What a little cutie!  I love the Azone dolls.

Azones have kind of surprised me with how much I adore them in person.

(03-24-2019, 03:33 PM)Alliecat Wrote: She's cute.  What a nice birthday gift smile

My Mum tends to be the best gift shopper of our family. 

(03-24-2019, 06:03 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Squeee! So cute!!! For now, I decided not to get Azone dolls because I don't like the Friction body, but their last two dolls came out on Emotion body (both anime colabs), so I'll be keeping an eye on new releases and eventually get one (or two, or ten). But I do love the old designs, like the Majokko line!

The Majokko line is on the Flection body which is not as articulated as the Emotion one but a lot more so than the Friction one so... a good middle ground?

(03-24-2019, 07:23 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Love the Doctor Who dolls, that is my biggest and most long-lasting fandom.  I don't have any dolls of the characters as such, but I have FunkoPops, a vast collection of lego-figures, some felt mice, and a crocheted Dr Whooves.  Plus the Rory felt toy I took a pic of a few weeks ago.
I do want to get Thirteen's outfit for the Pullip family, I think I will need to assemble it myself from different sellers.

The extended family member looks great, do you have a shot of all of them together?

I ... think I do. I will need to look and see. As for Doctor Who related stuff; I would love to get hold of one of the Big Chief 1:6 releases. Maybe if something shows up reasonably priced at a convention this year/

- - - 

83.The Gorjuss Girls
[Image: 48977405_7a337f3c93f1989890ba5d4269767d53_standard.jpg]
Alice, Hetty, and Ashling, all together! ... They're a colourful lot, aren't they?
(03-25-2019, 01:18 AM)werepuppy Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 06:03 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Squeee! So cute!!! For now, I decided not to get Azone dolls because I don't like the Friction body, but their last two dolls came out on Emotion body (both anime colabs), so I'll be keeping an eye on new releases and eventually get one (or two, or ten). But I do love the old designs, like the Majokko line!

The Majokko line is on the Flection body which is not as articulated as the Emotion one but a lot more so than the Friction one so... a good middle ground?
Oh, I did mean Flection (well, I don't like the Friction one either), I just kind of typed the first F-body that came to mind... My bad. I don't like the older bodies mostly because I know the non-bendable wrists will bother the hell out of me, and considering the price of dolls (even on Mandarake, oh, the joys of Czech crown) and the inevitable hassle with the Customs, it's just not worth it. But I do like the Emotion body, so I'm sure I will get some of the future releases!

Your Gorjuss ladies are so adorable! I don't have any of the dolls, but I love the brand! They're just so cute.
Definitely colorful!

And the stripey socks motif continues!

I have not seen this line of figures before.