Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
I adore her dress!!!

(05-08-2019, 10:59 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Though... Sherlock Holmes never actually said "Elementary, my dear Watson" in the books. The phrase first was used by P.G Wodehouse in the Psmith Journalist in 1915. It then went on to be used in Holmes related media.

Haha, I have to confess to never reading and/or watching anything Holmes and Pokémon related, so I just picked the two phrases that were so notorious even I have heard of them and smashed them together grin
The origin of the "elementary" phrase is interesting. Wodehouse, not Doyle, eh?

The abundant blue eyeshadow of your girl, there, is both eerie and strangely alluring.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(05-09-2019, 04:38 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I adore her dress!!!

Haha, I have to confess to never reading and/or watching anything Holmes and Pokémon related, so I just picked the two phrases that were so notorious even I have heard of them and smashed them together grin

It's a pretty awesome cyber-goth look they've given her. And well, they're both very good phrase to use! I just found it a fun bit of trivia >< 

(05-09-2019, 04:43 AM)davidd Wrote: The origin of the "elementary" phrase is interesting. Wodehouse, not Doyle, eh?

The abundant blue eyeshadow of your girl, there, is both eerie and strangely alluring.

According to research, yeah. I mostly know Wodehouse as the author of the Jeeves and Wooster stories, so it was a bit surprisingly to see that.
It's a bit like she's tried to create a face mask for herself only using eyeshadow. 

- - - 

129. Red Riding Storm
[Image: 49055078_2567d731eba7366cf91501d60c8a6b43_standard.jpg]
From what I can tell, Storm is the only recurring character in the BeGoths line, and seems to be some sort of figurehead for the line. Even though her nose ring is misplaced, there's something sweet in her face that makes me glad to have her. She was another one who came new in box but with very yellowed plastic. I'd like to know what made the plastic so yellow. Next to Gloria, her outfit is probably the second simplest - excluding tights. I've seen versions whose hair is far more red than my Red is, so I think there is some different dye jobs out there. I'd like to try to find pictures of all of them. Red tends to be the Room's resident demonologist and folklore ex.pert.
Creepy cool take on the Red Riding Hood theme!

I did not know you had so many BeGoths! These are wicked awesome!
Gothy redhead Heart

I'd love to see Big Bad Wolf's reaction if he met this girl, assuming she's the Little Red Riding Hood. Either he'd try to eat her and get his arse kicked, or he'd try to ask her out on a date and get his arse kicked...
Angelina,s eye makeup is very striking, being both above & below the eyes like that.

Pikachu looks extremely cuddly there, and that’s really nice if your dad to get it for you.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(05-10-2019, 06:37 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Gothy redhead Heart

I'd love to see Big Bad Wolf's reaction if he met this girl, assuming she's the Little Red Riding Hood. Either he'd try to eat her and get his arse kicked, or he'd try to ask her out on a date and get his arse kicked...

Haha, I totally agree she’s gonna kick his arse regardless of what he does
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I've never seen any of these dolls. You have quite a diverse collection.
Maybe the yellowing is just ex-posure to light on the particular type of plastic? Who knows what types of plastic so many different dolls are made of, but UV does discolour it.
I think Neon probably summarized things well LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-10-2019, 03:01 AM)davidd Wrote: Creepy cool take on the Red Riding Hood theme!

I did not know you had so many BeGoths! These are wicked awesome!

And there's a few more to come! BeGoths have been an on-off thing since I started collecting in 2010, so I've managed to get hold of a few through sheer luck more than anything

(05-10-2019, 06:37 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Gothy redhead Heart

Either way, he's getting his arsed kicked Tongue I don't think I even have anyone that could stand in from the Big Bad Wolf... Gaston, maybe?

(05-10-2019, 07:35 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Angelina,s eye makeup is very striking, being both above & below the eyes like that.

Pikachu looks extremely cuddly there, and that’s really nice if your dad to get it for you.

It is a very striking look, I have to agree. And yeah, he does nice things like that occasionally.

(05-10-2019, 10:40 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I've never seen any of these dolls.  You have quite a diverse collection.
Maybe the yellowing is just ex-posure to light on the particular type of plastic?  Who knows what types of plastic so many different dolls are made of, but UV does discolour it.
I think Neon probably summarized things well LOL

I've managed to find mine largely through eBay, I'm not actually sure where they sold when they were originally for sale. And hmmm, that's the most likely answer.

- - - 

130. Leda Swanson
[Image: 49055086_79cb13a2544647fcd657d09fc844c71e_standard.jpg]
Oh Leda. Another eBay find (actually only Malice, Gloria, and Olivia weren't eBay finds) Leda was in need of some serious TLC when she came to me. As you can see, I haven't managed to do much - her arms are still horribly stained, and the ribbons in her hair are in need of ... well, probably replacing if I'm honest about it. I did manage to clean up her dress, which I am proud of, and she doesn't smell as musty anymore. I'm happy I found her, and it was an interesting little research trip into what to use to clean dolls, but it did teach me to be a little more critical of photos in auctions.
I love Leda's gown: elegant, funereal, and of course a little bit sexy, as befitting the BeGoth line.

The swan design on her face is interesting; appropriate for a character named Leda, of course.

The twin ponytails hair style adds a dash of youthful flirtatiousness to her otherwise more mature attire.

This one is quite a prize. I am happy you were able to rescue her.
Aaaaah! I wrote a comment yesterday, but I probably accidentally 'previewed' it instead of posting it... Basically I was swooning over how adorable she is!
(05-11-2019, 10:36 AM)davidd Wrote: I love Leda's gown: elegant, funereal, and of course a little bit sexy, as befitting the BeGoth line.

The swan design on her face is interesting; appropriate for a character named Leda, of course.

The twin ponytails hair style adds a dash of youthful flirtatiousness to her otherwise more mature attire.

This one is quite a prize. I am happy you were able to rescue her.

I still really do need to replace her hair ribbons, they look a bit tatty in comparison with her gown, which is really due another clean soon. BJD laundry day is soon too... Hm...

Leda is one of the older ones of my group, at least according to my headcanons for them. She's a teacher of Classics, and claims to have had a fling with Zeus.

(05-11-2019, 07:20 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Aaaaah! I wrote a comment yesterday, but I probably accidentally 'previewed' it instead of posting it... Basically I was swooning over how adorable she is!

Ah, I hate when I do that! Thank you for re-commenting though! 

- - - 

131. Lolita Sun
[Image: 49055132_cc83cdbe25a8d3de23e0c6af7be6db66_standard.jpg]
 Apparently she was an exclusive of some kind? I don't really know much about that; my knowledge of the company and the line is actually pretty thin on the ground and trying to find informative sites can be a bit of a struggle; but I managed to find her for a ridiculously good price compared to what I see her frequently go for. I really like the bright pink of her hair, and the carefully painted left eye. Though, from a distance, it does look like she's horribly bloodshot and probably needs to see a doctor. Also I'm not so sure about naming a doll 'Lolita'. I mean, the novel is a bit... skeevy, for want of a better word. (And yes, I know it's a fashion style too. I have some fondness for the main style, and the variations thereof, I just... skeevy novel. I would also like to state that while having some fondness for the variations of the fashion styles, I would prefer they did not have a connotation with the novel in their naming.)
So pretty! And what a mischievous face she has! Also, her outfit is something I'd love to wear myself.

I get what you mean with Lolita. Things like that make me feel icky, and while I love that family of fashion styles, I'd prefer if it chose a different name for itself, too.
More stripey socks!

Her outfit looks more like that of an old fashioned schoolteacher than of a flirtatious teen temptress.
I call the style EGL (an acronym for "Elegant Gothic Lolita") when possible, because I hate the name.

(It once got my doll site flagged for auto takedown as it's one of hyperphps forbidden words... That war an awkward conversation with tech support!)