Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
I agree with the possible bloodshot eye - I thought she was damaged at first glance.

And I'm in agreement with the naming of that particular fahsion style - I like the look, but the name is indelibly linked with the creepy book, so makes me think "ick" instead of "cute" when I first see it.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(05-12-2019, 02:06 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: So pretty! And what a mischievous face she has! Also, her outfit is something I'd love to wear myself.

I get what you mean with Lolita. Things like that make me feel icky, and while I love that family of fashion styles, I'd prefer if it chose a different name for itself, too.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a dress like hers for sale in the local alternative clothing store...

Seriously, it's just... bad naming choices >< 

(05-12-2019, 03:28 AM)davidd Wrote: More stripey socks!

Her outfit looks more like that of an old fashioned schoolteacher than of a flirtatious teen temptress.

Stripey socks are a recurring feature in the BeGoth line. It's pretty fun to try to work out how many have stripes somewhere in their design. I have been toying (ha) with the idea of Lolita here being a teacher in my doll-verse - we do have a lot of teenage monsters who need some educating, after all..

(05-12-2019, 07:22 AM)fishy Wrote: I call the style EGL (an acronym for "Elegant Gothic Lolita") when possible, because I hate the name. 

(It once got my doll site flagged for auto takedown as it's one of hyperphps forbidden words...  That war an awkward conversation with tech support!)

I like your acronym, it's a good way to refer to it. And wow, that... yeah. Awkward seems like the key word for that situation...

(05-12-2019, 03:22 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I agree with the possible bloodshot eye - I thought she was damaged at first glance.

And I'm in agreement with the naming of that particular fahsion style - I like the look, but the name is indelibly linked with the creepy book, so makes me think "ick" instead of "cute" when I first see it.

It's really good to know I'm not the only person who has an issue with the name due to what it's connected with - most of the time when I mention that I tend to get rather blank looks and told that people know the difference. Yeah, they do, but it doesn't change that it's still... creepy. I do have to agree that if you weren't aware that the eye was meant to look like that, you'd think she was damaged. One of those rare times that I wish I had some skills in the face-up area because I think I would try to re-do the eyes somehow.

- - - 

132. Hypnotica Gaze
[Image: 49055145_f282d143a8879ed91e42de6ecf4dcd41_standard.jpg]
Hypnotica Gaze; or the only one who owns a pair of trousers! Seriously. I know the idea was to show the alternative fashions, but considering that I spent most of my teenage years in (and ... still frequently do go to) alternative fashion shops, I can say there were a lot of trousers on offer. And they sat a lot better on a person that Hypnotica's do on her. Seriously, the belt does nothing. I do like her though; her face paint inspired her doll-canon, which is a girl who thinks herself in a constant state of ennui, totally bored by the world and all around her. The reality is she's a little pretentious, but she's a good person when she stops with the airs.
I love her hair and eyebrows!

Dolly trousers are endangered species across the whole market...
There's quite a variety of these. I think I like Hypnotica best so far.
I must admit to never having "got" the choice of "Lolita" to name the fashion style... I mean, did they want an association with the book, or did it come from a different direction from people who didn't know about it? I know nothing about all that fashion stuff anyway... blush
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Old West saloon girl combined with leather motorcycle trousers? Now there's a look I haven't seen before! If nothing else, Hypnotica puts the "alternative" in alternative fashion!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(05-13-2019, 05:32 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love her hair and eyebrows!

Dolly trousers are endangered species across the whole market...

Her hair is brilliant, and her eyebrows are very big compared to some

... There needs to be more dolly trousers. 

(05-13-2019, 10:38 AM)Alliecat Wrote: There's quite a variety of these.  I think I like Hypnotica best so far.
I must admit to never having "got" the choice of "Lolita" to name the fashion style... I mean, did they want an association with the book, or did it come from a different direction from people who didn't know about it?  I know nothing about all that fashion stuff anyway... blush

There were ... nine separate lines, I believe. So yeah, a lot of variety. 
I really have no idea. I know the fashion style has origins in Japan but beyond that, I have no clue as to how it gained such a  name

(05-13-2019, 12:18 PM)davidd Wrote: Old West saloon girl combined with leather motorcycle trousers? Now there's a look I haven't seen before! If nothing else, Hypnotica puts the "alternative" in alternative fashion!

She'll be pleased to hear the approval.

- - - 

133. Divinity
[Image: 49055156_39a0a00f5727bb891af3f00aad7d07c2_standard.jpg]
Yes, I know I've probably got her veil on incorrectly. No, I don't particularly care, but I would like to know how it is meant to sit.  There's something about Divinity that reminds me strongly of stories about fairies, though I'm not quite sure why. The wedding dress and veil could be a reference to Great Ex.pectations, but that could be me reading too much into it. From what I remember of her information card, she was supposed to be the bride of Thor... So I think that's got potential for something in the Room verse...
Divinity's outfit reminds me of the one worn by Pullip Neo Noir, including the veil (that I do not know how to place correctly either).

Bride of Thor? Oh, how surprised he will be if she shows up again! Oh, how amused Loki will be to see his long-lost sister-in-law again! What mirth will inevitably ensue!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
What an elegant lady! Heart
(05-14-2019, 01:38 AM)davidd Wrote: Divinity's outfit reminds me of the one worn by Pullip Neo Noir, including the veil (that I do not know how to place correctly either).

Bride of Thor? Oh, how surprised he will be if she shows up again! Oh, how amused Loki will be to see his long-lost sister-in-law again! What mirth will inevitably ensue!

Veils are really awkward, but at the same time I'm glad it's not attached to the head with one of those annoying plastic tabs. As to what mirth... well, you'll need to wait and see on that front.

(05-14-2019, 05:53 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: What an elegant lady! Heart

She is very elegant, isn't she? It's one of those rare times the word fits.

- - - 

134. Off to the Cinema
[Image: 54846509_105c454a507f6f4adb63b78482a73541_standard.jpg]
Pikachu and I took a trip to see his movie. Long story short, Detective Pikachu is adorable, easily accessible for those who do not know the franchise, and just a movie you can relax and have fun watching.
Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie! Pikaplushie looks content with his(?) performance!
I saw it described somewhere as this generation’s Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
(05-15-2019, 01:37 AM)werepuppy Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 01:38 AM)davidd Wrote: Divinity's outfit reminds me of the one worn by Pullip Neo Noir, including the veil (that I do not know how to place correctly either).

Veils are really awkward, but at the same time I'm glad it's not attached to the head with one of those annoying plastic tabs. As to what mirth... well, you'll need to wait and see on that front.

(05-14-2019, 05:53 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: What an elegant lady! Heart

She is very elegant, isn't she? It's one of those rare times the word fits.

- - - 

134. Off to the Cinema
[Image: 54846509_105c454a507f6f4adb63b78482a73541_standard.jpg]
Pikachu and I took a trip to see his movie. Long story short, Detective Pikachu is adorable, easily accessible for those who do not know the franchise, and just a movie you can relax and have fun watching.

Ooh, thanks for letting us know! Tbh I was waiting for reviews from ACTUAL people (not hired critics) before going, because I wasn't sure if they'd ruin it or not.

Great plushie! smile
FSWTBLJ
Seeking Dal Ange (Christmas Dal) eyechips
Hey, guys! Sorry, I haven't posted anything in a couple of days. It's been crazy busy, and I am completely exhausted. But I did manage to drag myself on today. so today I will post!

135. Faeries and Their Tales
[Image: 49055164_7d50c3c8cedc75749c55b1d0a28f74da_standard.jpg]
Just a random shot of Red Riding Storm and Olivia O'Lantern that I thought came out really well.

136. Invisi-Billy
[Image: 49055638_9ddcf6c17048d2340e461b7e61cedf2c_standard.jpg]
Son of the Invisible Man. Which would make him Billy Griffin. Yeah.

137. Casta Fierce
[Image: 49055642_93f7c6a0a7aa9037aff43603a4c5a80f_standard.jpg]
This is from before I turned her into my Elphaba, obviously.
Welcome back! Good to see you alive! I absolutely adore the Begoths photo, that angle makes it look rather action-y! Oh, and Casta in all her glory - dangerously chic!
Such a variety in your collection! And how fun to be able to take Pikaplushie to the movie. I might watch it when it comes out on DVD... no theatre here...
Glad you still had some dolly time in all the busy-ness.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]