Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
She’s very cute. So cheerful.
(06-13-2019, 05:16 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Hello Velvet, you look extremely cute today!

(06-13-2019, 07:13 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Looking adorable!

(06-13-2019, 04:28 PM)Elfy Wrote: She’s very cute. So cheerful.

Ah, she loves it when people find her cute. Vain little thing.

(06-13-2019, 10:33 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Vel looks quite cheerful.  Pika appears to have had a lot of caffeine.  Or sugar.  Or something.... xp LOL

Vel's a very happy sort. Pika... well, he got into the coffee. He's a bit addicted. I'm trying to wean him off it. 

(06-13-2019, 12:14 PM)davidd Wrote: Is Vel a doll of a character from somewhere? Or is she a... well, a doll, but not a character from somewhere else?

No, Vel is very much her own person. She's part of the Azone Lil' Fairy line, and while Azone do give character backgrounds... they're in Japanese and I can't read that. She does fit the appearance of the Targaryen family as written in the A Song of Ice and Fire books though, with the blonde hair and the purple eyes. Not that she is a Targaryen around here, but it's just something I felt like pointing out. 

- - - 

164. Re-Dressed Ginger
[Image: 55816062_d2da9d393a55bff45d04d6cf4b77fc38_standard.jpg]
As you might have noticed in the Jet Set Pets picture,the Pinkie Cooper default outfits for a couple of the dolls were more like party dresses than anything day to day like. I was looking for stuff to put them in that felt a bit more casual and the new #SnapStars line provided a few good outfits. As such, here's Ginger in her more day-to-day wear.
It fits her really well! It's great when various lines' clothes fit different dolls. Because every wardrobe can take some expanding, any time!
That’s a really pretty dress for her, love the colour
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(06-14-2019, 02:27 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: It fits her really well! It's great when various lines' clothes fit different dolls. Because every wardrobe can take some expanding, any time!

Totally agreed. It's a lot easier when you can mix and match with others. 

(06-14-2019, 07:09 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: That’s a really pretty dress for her, love the colour

Thank you! 

- - - 

165. Re-Dressed Pepper
[Image: 55816051_a8a7a39ae38a70191a5b6c6a5d2b6fe2_standard.jpg]
Pepper the Punk! I dig this look!!!
She wears it well!
Pepper really rocks that look.
(06-15-2019, 04:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Pepper the Punk! I dig this look!!!

(06-15-2019, 08:18 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: She wears it well!

(06-15-2019, 11:52 AM)Elfy Wrote: Pepper really rocks that look.

Thanks, all! I was really hesitant about trying that outfit on her - since the dolls are usually in what I would deem a party dress, putting them in anything else can feel a bit jarring. That being said, this look seems to make her feel more herself, and it just seems a better match for her than the blue dress. I mean the boots are only being kept on because the socks don't fit probably so I tucked the rest of it into the boot but it still works. 

- - - 

166. Groove Pang-Ju Rambu-Pang
[Image: 56013160_6462063d80a023605d31234c2b3e1883_standard.jpg]
Arrival Date: 12th June 2019

First of all, let me say sorry for the random flash in the background. Out of all the pictures I took, this one actually came out the best. 

But yes! I found this little guy relatively inex.pensively on eBay and he fitted my little thing for anthro dolls and... yeah. He's meant to have a little top hat and eye patch on but I couldn't get them tied on properly. 

That's the box insert behind him, it made a great photo display.  He's so tiny - seriously, smaller than a Hujoo Nano! The head is most of the size of them I think. Because it's ABS, he's very light, which is good. Legs keep twisting around but that's an easy fix.

Just waiting on his name to come to me, now.
Aw, he's adorable!
He looks like the cutest little criminal mastermind!
Congrats on your new arrival. And it's a neat box. I agree Pepper looks good in that outfit; it suits her and is a nice colour match.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The background for your new arrival is perfect. You’ve managed to give it some depth, too.
The background is great. He looks like a proper Bond villain in his lair smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(06-16-2019, 03:35 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw, he's adorable!

He really is. I wish I had noticed the Pang-Ju dolls on their initial release. Mind you, I also wished I noticed the Groove Sasha dolls on their initial release. The if onlys of doll collecting, yeah. Thank you, though! 

(06-16-2019, 05:20 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: He looks like the cutest little criminal mastermind!

(06-16-2019, 07:07 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The background is great.  He looks like a proper Bond villain in his lair smile

... Actually, now that you guys mention it... that gives me the perfect name for him! Artie! As inspired by Moriarty and Artemis Fowl. Because lit references are the best references.

(06-16-2019, 11:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Congrats on your new arrival.  And it's a neat box.  I agree Pepper looks good in that outfit; it suits her and is a nice colour match.

Thank you. Apparently there were a couple of box designs for Pang-Ju, but I haven't found pictures. I find colour matching surprisingly hard, all things considered.

(06-16-2019, 03:38 PM)Elfy Wrote: The background for your new arrival is perfect. You’ve managed to give it some depth, too.

Thanks. I can't really take credit: it was the inner lining of the box he came in. 

- - - 

167. Funko: Wednesday Addams
[Image: 56041563_c12e817bce6966a1614273de6b95273d_standard.jpg]
First of the family gained! 5 more to go! These designs are all based on the original 60's television show, hence why I went for the black and white filter. Her dress is actually quite a nice shade of dark blue, but it's that thing of how black and white don't film as black and white so well. Still, she's very cute. I ex.pect there'll be some based on the new animated film later this year, and those will be fun too. 

(No, I don't have an Addams Family problem, you have an Addams Family problem.)