Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
I don't have an Addams Family problem either! I don't really like Funko, but she's cute!
More Addams for your collection, wow. Hope you find the others too.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(06-17-2019, 03:37 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I don't have an Addams Family problem either! I don't really like Funko, but she's cute!

Addams Family are never a problem. I'm always hit and miss on the Funko Pops, but it's often been the only way to get versions of characters I like.  I'd quite like if they did Morticia and Wednesday in the Rock Candy style, which have a good bit more detail. Still, it's nice to have figures that represent the designs of the 60's show. 

(06-17-2019, 04:25 AM)Alliecat Wrote: More Addams for your collection, wow.  Hope you find the others too.

I will always want Addams related stuff. I am a simple person. Thank you for the encouragement! 

- - - 

168. Scaramouche First Act Outfit
[Image: 56080935_63e2a790c337978f2e9188f250eebff1_standard.jpg]
Decided to try sewing up a more stage-accurate outfit for Scaramouche. This is her first act costume, and it is meant to look... well like someone's first attempt at sewing. I'm pretty happy with it.
It has nice witchy vibes to it!
K well, another character I'm not familiar with, but it looks like you did a good job replicating the costume.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Some Funkos look more like tg3 characters than others, but I agree about the Rock Candy being much more detailed.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(06-17-2019, 10:52 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: It has nice witchy vibes to it!

Which she likes! 

(06-18-2019, 10:53 AM)Alliecat Wrote: K well, another character I'm not familiar with, but it looks like you did a good job replicating the costume.

Scaramouche is from the musical We Will Rock You based around the music of Queen. Wiki has a plot summary. Thank you!

(06-18-2019, 07:09 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Some Funkos look more like tg3 characters than others,  but I agree about the Rock Candy being much more detailed.

This is true, and they are getting more creative with them. I still prefer the looks of the Rock Candy figures. 

- - - 

169. Another One of His Vices
[Image: 55815897_333ca6993680b0816ed138be1f065787_standard.jpg]
I totally see him in a dim office full of cigarette smoke and the sound of rain hitting the window, his feet are on his desk, cue Femme Fatale... "It all began when she walked into my office, her hair red as fire, and legs up to here..."
(06-19-2019, 02:56 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I totally see him in a dim office full of cigarette smoke and the sound of rain hitting the window, his feet are on his desk, cue Femme Fatale... "It all began when she walked into my office, her hair red as fire, and legs up to here..."

Yes, yes, yes, what neon_jellyfish said. (Love that film noir / pulp detective dialog!)

Oh, boy, Funko Addams Family! Also like neon_j said, I'm not a yuuuge Funko fan, but the Addams Fam release could finally push me over the edge into acquiring a few. Or could have, until you mentioned how good a Rock Canyon Morticia figure would look. So now I can hold out for that.

The supposed-to-look-home-made "witchy" outfit on Bratzillaz Yasmina is smokin' hawt. Dunno why. It just is.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(06-19-2019, 02:56 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I totally see him in a dim office full of cigarette smoke and the sound of rain hitting the window, his feet are on his desk, cue Femme Fatale... "It all began when she walked into my office, her hair red as fire, and legs up to here..."

See now my head is just going "y'know... Becky Lynch doll has pretty red hair.." Stoppit brain.  Also? You have a real talent for writing noir type narration. You should use it! 

(06-19-2019, 02:57 PM)davidd Wrote: Yes, yes, yes, what neon_jellyfish said. (Love that film noir / pulp detective dialog!)

Oh, boy, Funko Addams Family! Also like neon_j said, I'm not a yuuuge Funko fan, but the Addams Fam release could finally push me over the edge into acquiring a few. Or could have, until you mentioned how good a Rock Canyon Morticia figure would look. So now I can hold out for that.

The supposed-to-look-home-made "witchy" outfit on Bratzillaz Yasmina is smokin' hawt. Dunno why. It just is.

Agreed! 

I mean, I don't know if they'll make a Rock Candy version, it doesn't really seem as likely as I would prefer it to be. Though I think they did make an Elvira in that style... I could be wrong, but I think I remember seeing that. 

Heh, the attitude maybe?

- - - 

So first off I should say that I may be hit and miss for the next couple of weeks - Dad has shingles and that's super painful so need to help him out a lot. Will do my best to get a photo up each day, but I might miss. Sorry if I do! 

170. Alice and the Rabbit
[Image: 54339303_0d7c0d4e0394cb44e797fd6079281453_standard.jpg]
Well, he's purple instead of white, but she finally found a rabbit!
Being purple rather than white makes Alice's new rabbit friend even... curiouser!   yay
But, but... But what if she fell into the wrong Wonderland? With a frowning Cheshire Cat, Queen of Spades who doesn't off with people's heads, ostrich mallets that make the croquet absolutely unplayable and Walrus and Carpenter who only eat carrots (and no good song ever came from eating those)?!
(06-20-2019, 01:23 AM)davidd Wrote: Being purple rather than white makes Alice's new rabbit friend even... curiouser!   yay

Rabbie doesn't mind playing the part of a Wonderland rabbit if it means he gets hugs off a bonny lass. He's not curious, just a wee pest Tongue

(06-20-2019, 07:18 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: But, but... But what if she fell into the wrong Wonderland? With a frowning Cheshire Cat, Queen of Spades who doesn't off with people's heads, ostrich mallets that make the croquet absolutely unplayable and Walrus and Carpenter who only eat carrots (and no good song ever came from eating those)?!

... And now I'm wondering just how many Wonderlands there could be. Do they all have their own Alices? We must investigate this...

- - - 

171. Forbitten Love Draculaura
[Image: 56229761_6b767e6b42e89ea9118856a1001de336_standard.jpg]
Found her in a charity shop for all of 50p! Only needed her hair combed - which is has been even though it might not look it there - and some new elastics to keep the bunches together. Bargain.
(06-20-2019, 09:56 PM)werepuppy Wrote: ... And now I'm wondering just how many Wonderlands there could be. Do they all have their own Alices? We must investigate this...
Based on the Groove/June Planning Pullip family releases, there could be quite a few Wonderlands, each with their own Alice.
Nice charity shop find! She even has her shoes! Ulla-D was fortunate to be rescued by someone who will appreciate her.
I like that outfit for Draculara it reminds me of a lolita style a little bit. (Maybe except the mustard tights not really a fan of).