Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
It's kinda fun how these very simple dolls with next to no faceup are popular. I looked at the website; they really are cute.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(09-16-2019, 11:49 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Noooooooo! Don't make me itch for Santoro doll! My wishlist is giant enough as it is... LOL

Mwahaha, the evil plan is working. No, but seriously, these dolls are so goregous - pun intended? - thar I would encourage. There's a lot of variety in their looks so I'm sure you'd find the right one for you.

(09-17-2019, 10:43 AM)Alliecat Wrote: It's kinda fun how these very simple dolls with next to no faceup are popular.  I looked at the website; they really are cute.

They really remind me of rag-dolls in a way. Their faces are so easy to read any ex.pression into, which I think helps with the added cute factor and popularity.

- - - 

260: The Dream
[Image: 60106869_21582e4b72c83309502778f6a730cf46_standard.jpg]
Or what Kylo thinks his life would be like if certain people (not naming names - Diana, Grandfather, Uncle Luke...) weren't around to "cramp his style"
OK, I wanted to comment on his properly bratty emo attitude, but then I noticed his profile. My, that's a wonderful nose!
(09-16-2019, 11:49 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Noooooooo! Don't make me itch for Santoro doll! My wishlist is giant enough as it is... LOL

If they ever release the Fox girl in the green dress my willpower will be broken. I’ve managed to resist the ladybird girl - it helped that the one I’ve seen “in the wild” had messy hair, so that did help.

Guess the book - Pratchett & Gaiman we’re easy gets, then Best of Blackadder overvthe Pratchetts.
I don’t recognise the ones behind Frankie - one looks like it has Oz in the title though?

As always, excellent taste in reading material.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(09-18-2019, 12:42 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: OK, I wanted to comment on his properly bratty emo attitude, but then I noticed his profile. My, that's a wonderful nose!

He might be a bratty emo edgelord, but we can't deny the boy is a bit on the pretty side. 

(09-18-2019, 09:24 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: If they ever release the Fox girl in the green dress my willpower will be broken.  I’ve managed to resist the ladybird girl - it helped that the one I’ve seen “in the wild” had messy hair, so that did help.

Guess the book - Pratchett & Gaiman we’re easy gets, then Best of Blackadder overvthe Pratchetts.
I don’t recognise the ones behind Frankie - one looks like it has Oz in the title though?

As always, excellent taste in reading material.

Actually I think Little Foxes might have been one of the newer releases this year...

Yes, the ones behind Frankie are the Wicked Years series by Gregory Maguire, the UK hardback editions! 

- - - 

261: New Manga to Read
[Image: 60143002_d914d37e7a77e4df8529ddf11bc4b57e_standard.jpg]
It's been her favourite title for the most recent new anime, so Olivia is really looking forward to reading the manga for Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san
Ooooh, I should check this one out!
(09-19-2019, 02:02 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Ooooh, I should check this one out!

I think you'd really like it - it's just about what it's like being a bookseller. It's got this really relaxing pace to it, and it's very relatable if you've ever worked in any retail job. 

- - - 

262: Family Resemblance
[Image: 60182228_3ac956bc0cfe0741df5e7ece81a2bf95_standard.jpg]
This was just me wanting to see if there was a likeness between the figures. The answer is... well, sort of. 

(Yes, the height difference is accurate based on the respective actors' heights.)
That's quite funny, considering the shorter of the two isn't short at all...
Relaxing paced story about a bookseller? Who happens to have a skull face? Sounds like something I'd like. I'm partial to low-key anime and movies where nothing much happens and nobody dies. Like, Whisper of the Heart is one of my faves, because not much happens and nobody dies and it has a sweet ending. I could even do without the "cat" part in the middle that was so popular that it spawned a sequel. I liked the part about the girl and the library books and the guy who makes violins.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

And yeah, there's a bit of a resemblance. They both liked to wear their hair long in their rebellious younger days.

- - -

Okay, wait... ITLAPD. Can I appropriately rephrase what I just said?

Sleep-inducin' tale 'bout a purser what tacks toward literachure? With a grin like ol' Jolly Roger hisself? Aye, that be my mug o' grog, ter be sure! Give me one o' them movin' pitchers with an even keel and nobody danglin' from th' yardarm. Whisper o' th' Heart, aye, that's a proper yarn, wi' nary an ill wind an' all's well what ends well. That thar cat, well, yer could stow 'im below decks in th' galley where 'e belongs, if I had my druthers, but th' lass with a likin' fer learnin' an' the chippie what's handy with th' chisel an' saw who kin 'saw' out a mean jig on th' catgut, why, that's a right pretty tale.

Arrr, I be heelin' off course.

As fer them scalawags, cut from the same jib, what with them thar manes flyin' like t'garns'ls.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
It's certainly an ... interesting... title.... o.O
Interesting to see the height difference.

(09-20-2019, 12:25 PM)davidd Wrote: Okay, wait... ITLAPD. ...
LOL
I bet that took a while... xp
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(09-20-2019, 12:41 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 12:25 PM)davidd Wrote: Okay, wait... ITLAPD. ...
LOL
I bet that took a while...  xp

Ye be th' only salt in our scurvy crew what talks the talk all natcherall like. Th' rest of us bilge rats has ter work at it.
(09-20-2019, 12:49 PM)davidd Wrote: Ye be th' only salt in our scurvy crew what talks the talk all natcherall like. Th' rest of us bilge rats has ter work at it.

Purr'aps ... (that be a pirate kitty) ... but I knows a bosun who can outswear me ....

And purr'aps werepuppy needs one o' these fer the Star Wars crew... LOL

[Image: BouP0UqCMAAckhG.jpg]
(09-20-2019, 04:27 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's quite funny, considering the shorter of the two isn't short at all...

Oh yeah, it really is. Mind you, I think Medicom used as standard sized body, so that's probably not helping things here...

(09-20-2019, 12:25 PM)davidd Wrote: Relaxing paced story about a bookseller? Who happens to have a skull face? Sounds like something I'd like. I'm partial to low-key anime and movies where nothing much happens and nobody dies. Like, Whisper of the Heart is one of my faves, because not much happens and nobody dies and it has a sweet ending. I could even do without the "cat" part in the middle that was so popular that it spawned a sequel. I liked the part about the girl and the library books and the guy who makes violins.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

And yeah, there's a bit of a resemblance. They both liked to wear their hair long in their rebellious younger days.

[snip pirate talk for length]

Oh I think you'll love it. All the booksellers have interesting masks or face designs. It's a cool way of both protecting their identities - since all the stories are based on things that actually happened - and give a cool visual to distinguish staff and customers. I quite like slice of life anime such as you're describing, but then I also like bombastic ones as well. Honestly, I don't think I necessarily have a type...

Long hair = turn to the Dark in Star Wars?

(Awesome pirate talk!)

(09-20-2019, 12:41 PM)Alliecat Wrote: It's certainly an ... interesting... title....  o.O
Interesting to see the height difference.

Honestly, the title makes it seem odder than it is. As I said about, skull-face is just a gimmick type thing. 
I'm always interested in seeing little things like height difference in the same scale.

(09-20-2019, 03:17 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [Image: BouP0UqCMAAckhG.jpg]

.... I would sincerely love that as a figure display piece of some kind. 

- - - 

263: Past and Future
[Image: 60227565_fea42da496c14a72d430f9f8dd83f245_standard.jpg]
Every tick of the Time Dragon Clock brings something the green girl does not necessarily want...
Awesome witchy ladies!
You need to find an hourglass for your witchy girls! A sandglass and a big crystal ball!

That hat seriously rocks!