Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Wow, I've never heard of the Gorjuss dolls before. They look unique (and colorful, as you said)
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
I'm the one who's always 'not-familiar' with so many of the dolls, but I have seen photos of these. You have a cute trio. How much articulation do they have?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I know I’m jumping back a few pages, but how do the Harry Potter dolls pose? I haven’t gotten around to grabbing any yet but I do like the look of them. (And if they ever make a Luna all bets are off.)

I love seeing Gorjuss dolls; they’re so cute in their minimalist way.
Gorjuss! So cute! Lejays loves the Gorjuss line, she has bags and has done a few of the cross stitches.
(03-25-2019, 02:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oh, I did mean Flection (well, I don't like the Friction one either), I just kind of typed the first F-body that came to mind... My bad. I don't like the older bodies mostly because I know the non-bendable wrists will bother the hell out of me, and considering the price of dolls (even on Mandarake, oh, the joys of Czech crown) and the inevitable hassle with the Customs, it's just not worth it. But I do like the Emotion body, so I'm sure I will get some of the future releases!

Your Gorjuss ladies are so adorable! I don't have any of the dolls, but I love the brand! They're just so cute.

Ahhh, yeah, I know right now the prices only seem reasonable to me (well, in comparison with what they have been) because the yen to pound is quite favourable. I hope that the right one for you will appear and you will adore! 

Thank you! I've been very lucky with the Gorjuss girls. 

(03-25-2019, 02:17 AM)davidd Wrote: Definitely colorful!

And the stripey socks motif continues!

I have not seen this line of figures before.

(03-25-2019, 06:40 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: Wow, I've never heard of the Gorjuss dolls before. They look unique (and colorful, as you said)

They're based off the mascot for the [url=https://www.santoro-london.com/en/collections/gorjuss]Santoro London[/url] range and are made by Spanish company Paolo Reina. These are the vinyl dolls which are about ... 13"/33cm in height, though proportionately they fit better with 1/4 scale than 1/6. They tend to be a bit easier to find in the UK/EU but they have appeared on Amazon US, and on eBay.

(03-25-2019, 11:20 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I'm the one who's always 'not-familiar' with so many of the dolls, but I have seen photos of these.  You have a cute trio.  How much articulation do they have?

Five points: head, shoulders, and legs. Very basic, like you would ex.pect with a toddler doll or the like. They're more meant to be design pieces, I think, than toys for playing with.

(03-25-2019, 01:34 PM)GreysPrincess Wrote: I know I’m jumping back a few pages, but how do the Harry Potter dolls pose? I haven’t gotten around to grabbing any yet but I do like the look of them. (And if they ever make a Luna all bets are off.)

I love seeing Gorjuss dolls; they’re so cute in their minimalist way.

The Harry Potter dolls pose pretty similarly to EAH/MH. I actually think the girl body is re-use of some old EAH bodies, tbh.

The very minimal features on the Gorjuss dolls remind me of old style rag dolls. 

(03-25-2019, 02:51 PM)Elfy Wrote: Gorjuss! So cute! Lejays loves the Gorjuss line, she has bags and has done a few of the cross stitches.

Ooh, I didn't know there were cross-stitches! I've not tried my hand at that in years.

- - - 

84. Ophelia and Sera Frump
[Image: 48977409_bc3f7565c11398d61edb0f5c20f6f938_standard.jpg]
Ophelia, and her little sister, Sera. Addamses have a colour scheme... 
Okay, so truthfully? When I was first given my Azone, I had no plans for her to become a member of my 1/6 scale Addams clan. After all, she was a gift from my parents who hadn't really bought her knowing about said clan. But - as a friend pointed out to me - she looked exactly the part. And so, within less than a day, she took her place as Ophelia's little sister. 

Also: the above photo in colour:
[Image: 48977427_d1397482e612458830de138a3860aa9b_standard.jpg]
They do make a perfect sister duo! Although, character-wise, they couldn't be more different.

I can't get over how cute Sera is!
They definitely share a color scheme... even when the photo is in color!  LOL
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
They remind me of the sisters in Legacies. Not in looks, just how they have differing attitudes.
Gorjuss! Such a fantastic group of dolls - I’ve been contemplating getting one, it’s deciding which of the characters to get that’s stopping me.

The pink-haired girl is my favourite of this group
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(03-26-2019, 01:41 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: They do make a perfect sister duo! Although, character-wise, they couldn't be more different.

I can't get over how cute Sera is!

I like having sibling pairs that are quite contrasting, or are very similar. Ophelia takes after their mother - I think giving the eldest her own name sort of made it clear what path in life she would follow.

Sera just often strikes me with her cuteness. I just glance over and there it is, hit again with how cute she is. 

(03-26-2019, 02:22 AM)davidd Wrote: They definitely share a color scheme... even when the photo is in color!  LOL

I was genuinely surprised with how well they matched each other, especially as the parents didn't shop with any pre-existing dolls in my collection in mind. Bears, they tend to keep a list of, but not dolls. 

(03-26-2019, 03:34 PM)Elfy Wrote: They remind me of the sisters in Legacies. Not in looks, just how they have differing attitudes.

I don't think I know Legacies...? 

(03-26-2019, 04:57 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Gorjuss!  Such a fantastic group of dolls - I’ve been contemplating getting one, it’s deciding which of the characters to get that’s stopping me.

The pink-haired girl is my favourite of this group

There's always such a great collection of the Gorjuss girls. I had deliberately went for the ones with different hair colours to help them stand out a bit from each other - the black haired ones can seem a bit too same-y to my eyes.

Pink-haired girl is The Dreamer who I call Ashling (a real Irish name generally meaning dreamer, and yes, that is how it is spelt. There are variations.)

- - - 

85. The Addams Girls
[Image: 48977625_63055391a567459003f3f2fbb6eeb994_standard.jpg]
Monday, Ophelia, Wednesday, and Sera. Where one goes, the others are bound to follow... (I have no idea why Monday's hair is so messy in this shot, it was styled right before it was taken.) 

This is how my extended Addams Clan stands at the current moment. I would love to make a Cousin Whatt (who would be roughly Sera's age) and I have my eye on another 1/6 figure who would fit as a cousin, but I don't want to say anything until I've managed to save up for said item. Wish me saving luck, people! 

Oh, and the above image in colour: 

[Image: 48977632_0b88b13e41e5bf6b750cadd272b26a3e_standard.jpg]
I love your 1:6 scale Addams clan and it is fun to see them all together, both in monochrome and in colo(u)r.

It appears I am not the only doll photographer plagued by doll hair that looks perfectly fine... until I look at the photos on a large monitor!  Whacked

Saving up for things... yeah.  slash  My "hobby funds" are completely depleted at the moment, which irked me almost beyond bearing last week when an item I really wanted showed up on eBay and I had absolutely no way to scrounge up the necessary funds. I have been assembling a "Want List" that is very challenging to prioritize, because everything on it is a priority!
LOL
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
What a lovely family photo!
Quite a family group you have assembled, with all these Addams characters. I like the colour photos better because the blue is a nice counterpoint to the black & white outfits.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Legacies is the most recent Vampire Diaries spin off. I’ve never watched that or The Originals, but I like Legacies. That is definitely an interesting family you’ve assembled there.
(03-27-2019, 02:20 AM)davidd Wrote: I love your 1:6 scale Addams clan and it is fun to see them all together, both in monochrome and in colo(u)r.

It appears I am not the only doll photographer plagued by doll hair that looks perfectly fine... until I look at the photos on a large monitor!  Whacked

Saving up for things... yeah.  slash  My "hobby funds" are completely depleted at the moment, which irked me almost beyond bearing last week when an item I really wanted showed up on eBay and I had absolutely no way to scrounge up the necessary funds. I have been assembling a "Want List" that is very challenging to prioritize, because everything on it is a priority!
LOL

Thank you! It's been fun working on them, and if saving goes well, I will hopefully have someone else who I consider part of this extended clan. Though this person is based on a long running joke with some friends that just sort of got folded into my doll-canon so... yeah, hopefully it works out. 

Seriously! It looked fine and then all the mess. 

My want list usually gets organised by whatever would be the easiest for me to get hold of. Though my hobby funds are not much atm as money is being put aside for birthdays and Easter coming up. I hope your funds raise up again soon! 

(03-27-2019, 02:25 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: What a lovely family photo!

One of the rare ones they were all willing to pose for.

(03-27-2019, 10:01 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Quite a family group you have assembled, with all these Addams characters.  I like the colour photos better because the blue is a nice counterpoint to the black & white outfits.

Heh, the blue is a fleece blanket that I use simply because it's a solid colour that helps the camera focus a little better, lol. But you are right, it works well as a counterpoint to the black and white.

(03-27-2019, 03:56 PM)Elfy Wrote: Legacies is the most recent Vampire Diaries spin off. I’ve never watched that or The Originals, but I like Legacies. That is definitely an interesting family you’ve assembled there.

Oh, I never really got into Vampire Diaries, I was more a fan of True Blood. Thank you, though! 

- - - 

86. A Trio of Cuteness.
[Image: 48977643_45607f29f1bc3846da8a57b15ab6c43a_standard.jpg]
Mildred, Sera and Licca seem to have formed their own little friendship trio. It's a powerful group of cute, let's be real. Fear their cuteness, people, they'll take over the world. 

(Yes, I need to paint Mildred's boots black, but I'm glad to finally have boots for her.)