PrettyTiny Film Company Pic A Week *2019* (#.....52!! Dec. 24)
I thought it was tai-chi or martial arts, too. Beautiful photo! The lamp light creates beautiful atmosphere.
Such a calm atmosphere for yoga, exactly what is needed
Love the shadows at work in that picture!
Thanks very much, everyone!  yay
It was the closest I could get, with her limited articulation, to the "warrior pose".  Figures, I guess, that this is the pose that worked best for little samurai girl.  She's wearing PJs with little yoga people on them -- very appropriate!

[Image: 49053212667_6fd4394f77_o.jpg]
"OK, you guys, which of these knobs will make the clouds go away...?"

This was today's attempt to see the transit of Mercury  -- taken after the clouds really socked in.   Like every other major astronomical event in the past 15 years or so, it was cloudy.  (And this time, there was no way around that, like that time I drove around for miles looking for a hole in the fog for a 30-second glimpse of the Venus transit.)  Auwe!!! Cry  I spent more time trying to find the sun through the solar filter than actually LOOKING at it.... but I did get some glimpses through thinner cloud, so I can say I have now seen Mercury for the first time.  There's something different about seeing the shadow and shape of a planet as opposed to a night-time sparkle that just looks like another star.  You get a sense of the distance, a 3D sort of effect, that there is that great big ball of sun, and there's this tiny dot in front of it, and it's a whole planet, and even at the speed everything's going, it's still going to take it 5 hours to cross...  Not as dramatic as our solar eclipse trip, but it's like a peek at the clockwork mechanism of the cosmos.  It being a one-chance-to-see opportunity, I'm very happy to have had at least a glimpse.  Although a sunny day would've been nice.
Also, it was freezing, and Sunsette, Scarlett & Miki all took spectacular stunt falls off the scope.  Terrifying sad
Everyone appears to have survived.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Oh, how sad that you missed seeing the transit properly. But seeing Mercury as a planet instead of a sparkly light would have been cool.

I hope that all of the girls survived the trip and the stunt-falls okay!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Oh, I'm so sorry you missed the transit. I hope the girls enjoyed their trip
Oh My  That's exciting that you even tried to chase down the transit of Mercury! And that you've gone transit-hunting and eclipse-hunting before! I did not realize that you (and the crew) were such astronomical addicts! That's really fun!

Yeah, the cloud thing has plagued my efforts to view astronomical phenomenon. I had only a glimpse of the last solar eclipse through heavy clouds, even though I live in the freakin' desert now! During my Hawaii years, heavy cloud cover and rain rolled in every single time there was a meteor shower, and every view of lunar eclipses was through clouds.

At least you had a fun outing with your crew, and you did get to see it; another planet! Pretty cool!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Is anyone brave enough to tell Sunsette that’s not quite how telescopes work?
Thanks, all smile

(11-13-2019, 03:35 PM)Elfy Wrote: Is anyone brave enough to tell Sunsette that’s not quite how telescopes work?
Well, Sunsette does believe in magic and is also firmly convinced that anything is possible, so.... >shrug< LOL

(11-13-2019, 01:35 AM)davidd Wrote: I did not realize that you (and the crew) were such astronomical addicts! ... During my Hawaii years, heavy cloud cover and rain rolled in every single time there was a meteor shower, and every view of lunar eclipses was through clouds.
That surprises me... I mean, I know it rains, but, it was just lovely clear skies that whole winter I was there... weren't you on the drier side too...?
I've been interested in "space stuff" since I was a little little kid.  After going through all the space books in the elementary school library by grade 3, I then "graduated" to sci-fi... my first love in fiction and I still enjoy it wink  I follow Sky & Telescope's news.  Tonight I'm on the computer instead of hanging around outside because BIG SURPRISE it's CLOUDY AGAIN, while some observers are predicting a potentially spectacular meteor shower .  Auwe!!!!! Rawr!  (Anybody with a clear sky for half an hour around 11:50 pm EST, get out there!)

Meanwhile.... the oven blew up Tuesday night, and since Appliance Guy (who has to come from the mainland) did NOT show up with the new bake element he said he could bring, and did not call to ex-plain his absence, I'm now left with a local hardware store that can't cope with a model number or part number, and would prefer that I bring it in so they can see if they have something that looks like the right shape.  Did I say "auwe"?????  Irritated
My crew is not nearly as enthused about DIY as davidd's, but they may have to fix the oven themselves because we're running out of cookies.

[Image: 49102825131_b1003817e9_o.jpg]
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Yeah no cookies qualifies a legitimate disaster situation.
Be brave, PTFCo! It will be a tough fight, but the cookies are worth it!

I hope everything works out!
Good luck, guys, you will enjoy the cookies more when you know you're having them because of how hard you worked.

Hope everything gets sorted out soon
(11-22-2019, 01:03 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Thanks, all :)

(11-13-2019, 03:35 PM)Elfy Wrote: Is anyone brave enough to tell Sunsette that’s not quite how telescopes work?
Well, Sunsette does believe in magic and is also firmly convinced that anything is possible, so.... >shrug< :lol:

(11-13-2019, 01:35 AM)davidd Wrote: I did not realize that you (and the crew) were such astronomical addicts! ... During my Hawaii years, heavy cloud cover and rain rolled in every single time there was a meteor shower, and every view of lunar eclipses was through clouds.
That surprises me... I mean, I know it rains, but, it was just lovely clear skies that whole winter I was there... weren't you on the drier side too...?
I've been interested in "space stuff" since I was a little little kid.  After going through all the space books in the elementary school library by grade 3, I then "graduated" to sci-fi... my first love in fiction and I still enjoy it ;)  I follow Sky & Telescope's news.  Tonight I'm on the computer instead of hanging around outside because BIG SURPRISE it's CLOUDY AGAIN, while some observers are predicting a potentially spectacular meteor shower .  Auwe!!!!! :rawr:  (Anybody with a clear sky for half an hour around 11:50 pm EST, get out there!)

Meanwhile.... the oven blew up Tuesday night, and since Appliance Guy (who has to come from the mainland) did NOT show up with the new bake element he said he could bring, and did not call to ex-plain his absence, I'm now left with a local hardware store that can't cope with a model number or part number, and would prefer that I bring it in so they can see if they have something that looks like the right shape.  Did I say "auwe"?????  :irritated:
My crew is not nearly as enthused about DIY as davidd's, but they may have to fix the oven themselves because we're running out of cookies.

[Image: 49102825131_b1003817e9_o.jpg]

How do they expect you to bring in an OVEN?!
FSWTBLJ
Seeking Dal Ange (Christmas Dal) eyechips
Well, that sucks about the oven blowing up - I hope you and the crew are back in the cookie-making business soon!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Quote:How do they expect you to bring in an OVEN?!

I'm assuming (hoping!) they just meant the part, but now I'm picturing Allie's whole dolly crew attempting to lift the oven while Sunsette urges them on...