Dollfie Dream Sister Kagamine Rin --- Review and lots of BIG pictures!
OMG I love her so much! She's perfection! And that display area is perfect for her!

I aspire to achieve a Rin army like yours. Currently mine amounts to a nendoroid and a little cup-rim figurine so I've got a long way to go. My Rapunzel shrine would give your Rin collection a run for its money though... (Not in terms of literal money though!)
I'll need a Nendoroid and a Figma Kagamine Rin to make my Rin shrine more complete though.
Those will surely be future Mandrake tag-alongs in a bigger purchase. Both figures are quite cheap and small, but the shipping, however, is not.

Still, more random things bought mean pushing a DD Miku further away and I just cannot skip on a air conditioner this year.
….As I see Rin in full display, the Miku desire grow stronger. I'll have to take a second look into the forgotten zone and see if there's some collectibles that could be released to greener pastures...
[Image: fqRLlnO.png]
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
(02-11-2019, 01:52 PM)Kanrabat Wrote: I'll have to take a second look into the forgotten zone and see if there's some collectibles that could be released to greener pastures....

[Image: tumblr_inline_mqkmz9v5lg1qz4rgp.gif]
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
The other collectibles will be set against Miku before she even gets to you.

But seriously, Rin needs her friend Tongue
(02-12-2019, 05:10 AM)werepuppy Wrote: But seriously, Rin needs her friend Tongue

I'm not sure if i'll be willing to sell anyrhing serious though. Maybe my entire collection of Equestria Girls dolls as a single lot? Or several lots?

One thing is sure is I WILL get DD Miku sooner or later.
Rin is such a cutie! A lot of the DD heads don't appeal to me, but I do like both Rin and Len.
(02-16-2019, 03:06 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Rin is such a cutie!  A lot of the DD heads don't appeal to me, but I do like both Rin and Len.

I really like her as well. At first, Dollfie Dreams didn't appeal to me either but it was because I looked at the generic base models. When it's a licenced character there's more efforts put in making the face it seem so that's why most of them are beautiful. Especially the most recent ones.

On a side note, I may or may not buy a DD Miku. There's way too many things to buy before that and I have absolutely no idea how I could reorganise the right side of my TV cabinet. What will be most likely from me is to slowly get the official Rin costumes and maybe commission one. Dollfie Dreams are ludicrously expensive so maybe one will be more than enough. The fact that those dolls are so posable and can easily change costumes open many kick-ass display possibilities confined in a single space.
She looks amazing!! I LOVE the display you have set up, it looks epic!
(02-16-2019, 04:53 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: She looks amazing!! I LOVE the display you have set up, it looks epic!

Thanks!
And it better be epic because she too so MUCH space. With all my collections, space is a rare commodity. It's the main reason why I'll stick to only one DD. If I ever buy Miku, she'll be in the same space but the poses will be limited and it may look a bit crowded. Maybe I'll ask my niece to bring over her big Clawdeen so that I test out the look.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The post below will be copy/pasted as an edit in the review
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After posing and messing around with my Dollfie Dream Sister Kagamine Rin, I found one major flaw in her design:
THOSE DAMN BLACK SLEEVE CLIPS.
[Image: agYfj2k.jpg]

Those things tend to fall off whenever I move her arms. I can't glue them on and for the fortune the doll cost, I really don't want to lose the tiniest bits. I barely see them on the doll anyway so maybe I'll just remove them and keep them safe in the box.
(02-17-2019, 12:16 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: With all my collections, space is a rare commodity.

Time to invest in a larger house! LOL

(I need to do the same thing.)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I've tried to convince my husband we need a bigger house for my dolls and other hobbies, but he's not buying the idea.
Seriously, instead of a 4½ rooms apartment, I would love to have a big-ass studio where I could be surrounded by my whole collection. Unfortunately, it's only for rich yuppies in Hollywood movies.
Congrats on the new addition. She's indeed huge. It looks like she has great balance and poses really well.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(02-25-2019, 09:30 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Congrats on the new addition.  She's indeed huge.  It looks like she has great balance and poses really well.

Oh yeas, she's pretty easy and fun to pose.
However, I did remove and put back in the box the little black sleeve clips. Those kept falling off when I just looked at them wrong. Seriously, it's the only flaw of this whole kit. I just can't believe I have no buyer remorse over that piece of art that almost cost me a whole two weeks pay check!

Eventually, there will be a DD Miku with her, but I'm in no hurry. Contrary to DDS Rin, there's a ton available at any times.
I love posing her. It's like having a hyper detailed statue, but that statue can have an infinite numbers of forms!

[Image: oDSSLLV.jpg]
[Image: EFXVZ6I.jpg]
[Image: G9FDpyx.jpg]