Tasuke's Anime Dolly-a-Whenever Thread...
I love your collection. I also have older anime dolls, mostly Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors ones. Would love to get the Licca Sakuras and Tomoyo someday; they're too adorable.
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
Ahhh, the Licca CCS dolls are just gorgeous, I would love to be able to get hold of one of them. (I'd also quite like to get the Kiki one, she's adorable)

Also: I had to admire how neat your sewing is for the 1/6 scale. Do you hand sew or do you have a machine?
all by hand. i picked up a nice machine for practically free at a yard sale years back,
but i haven't gotten around to attempting to use it even once.

indeed, the Liccarize character doll line is pretty wonderful. their rather stiff aftermarket pricing, however... not so much.

also, their stock TAKARA Licca doll bodies leave much indeed to be desired. it is most highly recommended
that any Liccarize owner that might want to make the most out of their girls
should obtain the new OBITSU BODY 24cm. aftermarket doll body for them.

it is a perfect match for the sizing of Liccarize doll heads, and the pale skintone is also a virtual dead-on match as well;

[Image: kansei.jpg]

[Image: OBITSU%2024%20ver.2%203-23-18%201.png]

[Image: OBITSU%2024%20ver.2%203-23-18%202.png]

[Image: Sakura%20amp%20Momiji%204-27-18.png]

beware, however, that the OBITSU 24's feet are larger and more realistically sized, so supplied Liccarize shoes will no longer fit.

these BARBIE Mary Jane-type shoes, however, fit near perfectly, and make a fine substitute;

[Image: BARBIE%20LITTLE%20EXTRAS%203-30-18%201.jpg]
[Image: A_Night_at_Konomi_19-10-23_FULLSIZE.png?...fit=bounds]
back around 2010 or so, i finally entered the 21st century with Anime dolls, with my first OBITSU BODY-based girl,
MegaHouse's 2008 27cm. Mikuru Asahina, from the once wildly popular series "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"

[Image: My_Little_Mikuru_8_by_Shaorin_Chan.jpg]

[Image: My_Little_Mikuru_7_by_Shaorin_Chan.jpg]

first thing i made for her was a pair of lace socks, and i gave her the only broom i could find at the time in anything like her 1/6 size;

[Image: My_little_Mikuru_ver_2_by_Shaorin_Chan.jpg]

i added lace trim to her undies, and made her a matching garter, too. i didn't care for her massive L (large) breast size,
so i found her a replacement OBITSU in S (small) cup size;

[Image: DSC_2686.jpg]

years later, i got around to making her a completely different Maid ensemble, far more complementary toward Mikuru's overall cuteness, IMO.
i also got creative with attempting lip detailing with Acrylic, water-based plastic model paint, with superlative results;

[Image: Strawberry%20Maid%20Mikuru%2010-11-18.jpg]

even a new set of undies. conservative, old fashioned and "frumpy" as they are, they seem realistically far better suited to Mikuru's innocent, girlish personality.
the net effect just seems to very nicely underscore her implied gentle womanhood. in my personal perception, anyway;

[Image: Mikuru%20Angel%20Undies%2011-18-18.jpg]
Your sewing skills are amazing! And Mikuru is such a cutie!
after moving up to the OBITSU, there wasn't much looking back. i concentrated on both OBITSU-based Anime dolls,
as well as older dolls, -mainly TAKARA offerings and the like- that could be readily adapted to an OBITSU doll body.

1010/2011 brought my second OBITSU girl, after Mikuru.
another Mega House example, Hazuki Morioka from the mid-2000's series "Tsukuyomi MOON PHASE"

[Image: MegaHouseHazuki.jpg]

[Image: img55368250.jpg]

[Image: HazukiMoriokahearts4-7-14_zpsba6a19e6.jpg]

in the same year, -IIRC- came an extremely rare oddity, TAKARA/AZONE's Chinese Fantasy "Maya"

[Image: MayaChineseFantasy2.png]

[Image: MayaChineseFantasy1.png]

[Image: AzoneChineseFantasySeries2.jpg]

[Image: Miss%20Rin%202.jpg]
there was a bit of a hiatus, and then, in 2013 came a decent price on a girl i had wanted for a while,
TAKARA/YELLOW SUBMARINE's late-90's Belldandy from the classic series "Oh My Goddess!"

[Image: KGrHqZHJBQFBE9BIcBQyfMEJ7560_57_zpsc74c7d1c.jpg]

[Image: BelldandyTAKARA12-21-141_zpsaab3dfd8.png]

[Image: BelldandyheartsJohns1-12-15_zps343d0269.jpg]

2013/2014 brought me a FANTASTIC deal on another mid/late-90's TAKARA girl i had eyes on for a while,
Nakoruru, from the SNK Video Game Fighter franchise "SAMURAI SPIRITS/SHODOWN"

[Image: NakoruruTAKARA8-29-142_zpsa8338b5a.jpg]

[Image: NakoruruTAKARA8-29-141_zpsad53bc3f.jpg]

[Image: Nakoruruhearts%201-29-18%202.png]
Ooh I like the Belldandy
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
It's so nice to see all these different dolls in your collection
(02-22-2019, 01:25 PM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: Ooh I like the Belldandy

speaking of Ah! My Goddess, i had a move to a now house in early 2015, and the first girl i acquired afterward
was the rare VOLKS TOKYO DOLL SHOW 1999 edition of Belldandy's kid sister, Skuld.

in fact, so far as i am aware, the only doll of Skuld ever made;

[Image: 190057_zps87voik8n.jpg]

[Image: Skuld%201-6%20VOLKS%20John%2010-19-15%20...fbzlmz.jpg]

[Image: Skuld%20VOLKS%201999%20John%2011-21-15%2...pic3x5.jpg]

[Image: Skuld%20in%20Segels%20Sailor%20Suit%2011...iqunyl.png]

[Image: Johns%20Harem%201-4-18%201.png]
someday i really ought to get around to completing the AMG Goddess sister trio with the eldest sister, Urd.

trouble is, she's dark-skinned. these days, i like to stick to 1/6 Anime dolls that can be readily adapted to the OBITSU doll body,
and OBITSU never did make a dark-skinned body, so i'd probably have to settle with being satisfied with her stock TAKARA JENNY body.

not the worst thing ever, i suppose, but i predict that it would always be a personal irritant;

[Image: Ah%20My%20Goddess%20Urd%20Action%20Figur...8anwe2.jpg]
I love seeing all the care and attention you put into perfecting your dolls.

Also, I know I’ve said this before, but I love seeing your Belldandy and Skuld. Definitely get the dilemma with Urd’s skin tone though. I’m not at all familiar with these dolls like you are, but I wonder if a Barbie made to move body might work for her? I know it wouldn’t be a perfect match but they do have decent skin tone options and she’d be a smidge taller than Belldandy, which would be relatively accurate.
I would second the idea of a Made to Move body; they offer as much pose-ability as an Obitsu body does and do look quite nice when on display. And as a bonus, current Barbie stock will fit well, so it would be easier to find shoes that fit.
i've got a MADE TO MOVE, actually, and i'm none too happy with the loose ankles.
unlike my OBITSU girls, she doesn't stand the slightest chance of standing on her own.

still if i am ever to get around to an Urd, this is likely the body i'll have to settle on for her;

[Image: OBITSU%20v.%20BARBIE%201-31-18.png]

in any case, my next girl, after the VOLKS Skuld, was yet another Mega House, Lacus Clyne from "GUNDAM SEED DESTINY"
i wanted her since she resembles Luka Megurine of VOCALOID fame, and is probably the closest i'll ever come to having a 1/6 doll of her;

[Image: Milady-Alluca1436208515_zpshoa2whdk.jpeg]

[Image: Lacus%20Clyne%20Megahouse%20Action%20Fig...cclxco.jpg]

[Image: MegurineheartsLuka%2010-10-15_zpsqrj9fqyu.jpg]

Megurine Luka

[Image: Lacus%20-Luka%202-24-19%202.jpg]

Lacus Clyne

[Image: Lacus%20-Luka%202-24-19.jpg]
Next, came the comparatively minuscule VOLKS' "Dollfie" 1/6 version of Shaorin from Mamotte Shugogetten;

[Image: Shaorin%20VOLKS%20Dollfie%201999%201-6-18.png]

compare to the 1/5 TSUKUDA HOBBY version that positively dwarfs the tiny VOLKS;

[Image: Shaorin%20TSUKUDA%20HOBBY%20F.A.D.S.%201...1-6-18.png]

[Image: Shaorin%20VOLKS%20Dollfie%20John%208-21-...vcglys.jpg]

[Image: Shaorin%20VOLKS%20Dollfie%20John%208-21-...hrakxf.jpg]

[Image: Shaorin.jpg]