Tasuke's Anime Dolly-a-Whenever Thread...
I like Sakura's face mold too
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
If this is your latest acquisition, do you have any idea of how many anime style dolls you have at present?
Are they all on display, or are some packed away?

I know you have a favorite anime/manga character, but do you have a favorite anime series? I mean, which anime series do you like watching?
Or do you even watch anime or look at manga? For myself, I have several anime and manga figures (mostly Pinky Street versions) of which I have never seen the series.

Also, who is next on the "must have" list?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Sakura has a different style to her than most of the anime based characters.
(03-03-2019, 01:36 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Sakura has a different style to her than most of the anime based characters.

indeed, i noticed that straight off. she has this proud, regal, yet strangely sweet, dewy look
that should be quite at odds, and yet, it works.

i'm really glad i stumbled upon her on a MANDARAKE EBAY listing;
i actually didn't know she even existed at all until just early this year.

(03-03-2019, 12:48 PM)davidd Wrote: If this is your latest acquisition, do you have any idea of how many anime style dolls you have at present?
Are they all on display, or are some packed away?

i have 13 of them on a permanent shelf. i'll take a photo of them together soon.
i also have a couple in reserve, awaiting their own OBITSU bodies.

i also have two TSUKUDA HOBBY 1/5 "Full Action Doll Series" girls,
but i don't count or display them with my main coterie, since they are all unified under the 1/6 OBITSU aftermarket doll body,
whereas the TSUKUDA F.A.D.S. are real oddballs, wildly out of scale with pretty much everything else out there,
and as such are essentially chained to their stock bodies, however inferior to the OBITSU they may be.

(03-03-2019, 12:48 PM)davidd Wrote: I know you have a favorite anime/manga character, but do you have a favorite anime series? I mean, which anime series do you like watching?
Or do you even watch anime or look at manga? For myself, I have several anime and manga figures (mostly Pinky Street versions) of which I have never seen the series.

i've been a hardcore Anime/Manga fan since discovering the medium in my mid-teens back around 1995.
like so many older western OTAKU, MACROSS/ROBOTECH was my gateway.

there are lots of very fine Anime out there, right up through the early/mid-2000's.
"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" is just about the most recent Anime series i like,
and that is pretty much solely on the strength of the characters' physical appearance
in the two seasons of the series and movie alone.

so far as all-around quality, i still hold MACROSS T.V./MACROSS D.Y.R.L./MACROSS II/MACROSS PLUS on a pretty unique pedestal.

regarding romance/slice of life series, however, "Ai Yori Aoshi" is right on top for me,
closely attended by series of similar, late-90's/early-00's vintage such as "Steel Angel Kurumi"
"Chobits" "Hand Maid May" "Galaxy Fraulien Yuna" "Cardcaptor Sakura" and "Comic Party Revolution"

then, of course, there is "Clannad" which pretty much stands on it's own...

(03-03-2019, 12:48 PM)davidd Wrote: Also, who is next on the "must have" list?

i don't know. we'll see what comes to pass.

while i'd love these two ToHeart 2 girls to be my very next acquisitions,
they are still far too pricey for me to seriously consider.

i've been waiting on them awhile now, hoping that they come down to a price point i can comfortably get on with;

MegaHouse AFC+ ToHeart 2 Konomi Yuzuhara;

[Image: Konomi%20Yuzuhara%203.jpg]

[Image: Konomi%20Yuzuhara%202.png]

MegaHouse AFC+ ToHeart 2 Manaka Komaki;

[Image: Manaka%20Komaki%205.jpg]

[Image: Manaka%20Komaki%203.jpg]
[Image: A_Night_at_Konomi_19-10-23_FULLSIZE.png?...fit=bounds]
The OBITSU 1/6 scale aftermarket Doll Body;

* Mikuru Asahina; 2007 27cm. size, SMALL bust, PALE skintone. Anime-exaggerated physical proportions

* Yuki Nagato; 2017 NEW 24cm. size, MEDIUM bust PALE skintone. less-exaggerated, more realistic proportions

[Image: OBITSU%20BODY%20OLD%2027%20NEW%2024.jpg]
my allotted doll space is quite overcrowded. that jewelry armoire will definitely have to go if my little harem is to grow any further;

[Image: Doll%20Harem%20Johns%203-4-19.jpg]
What a lovely collection!
Such a lovely looking collection
Or you could ditch the stereo gear and have lots of space for even more dolls and toys!!!

(Except, the stereo gear looks like it's as interesting as the dollies. There must be some history there, too!)

What a gorgeous group of anime cuties!

It appears there may be a figure collection of considerable scope and interest, as well.
i just did just that, actually.

it all looks a little empty and lifeless now, -without any doll furnishings and accessories- but at least there is now some room for everyone to breathe a little.

even so, any more girls added, and it is going to go right back to looking like opening day 1999 for STAR WARS EPISODE I at the local Cineplex again...

[Image: Doll%20Harem%20Johns%203-4-19%202.jpg]
a better shot;

[Image: Doll%20Harem%20Johns%203-5-19.jpg]
Oh, that really does look amazing. And looking over your collection gives me the itch and want for a couple of anime-based girls myself. (Saber is ideally my first choice... No, self, buying ban remember.)

Is there any method behind your layout, or just what looks nicest to yourself?
Epic!
A nice display. Poor fellow in the back is a bit outnumbered, isn't he LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The "better shot" is much better! Sakura in front with her billowy red skirt and her sword is particularly striking!