Taeyang NOSFERATU -- A quick review --
Here's
Taeyang NOSFERATU!

Got him used but 100% complete in box. So the unboxing part will be pretty quick!  LOL

[Image: hASnhSt.jpg]

That doll come with a LOT of stuff. He also have several clothing accessories and I had to study the box picture carefully to know what part go where. There's always a manual on how to put the doll stand together, but never a dress-up manual for reasons.

[Image: oK6WvkM.jpg]

He even have his glued-on vampire teeth. A thing that shall remain sealed. Plus the skull gloves are still "oven mitts" so I'll skip them as well. Lastly the arm of the doll stand have unfortunately a tiny broken peg. The previous owner broke it when disassembling the stand, sadly. Eh, that's a clear plastics thing. At least the doll stand stay together just enough.

Clothing him was hard, but luckily his hands are removable and I had the right pliers to make his fluffy shirt pass through the coat's sleeves. He have two scarves that must be put on a certain way. Finally, he have some fabric.... thing... that warp around his right arm. The final touch is a pair of roses that can rest just enough in his hand. The overall look is a... menacing elegance.

[Image: uUFrwiI.jpg]

His face-up is absolutely fantastic with eyes that have a kinda clock-theme going on.

[Image: vXecBlT.jpg]
[Image: Jx1C4d9.jpg]

His stock is pretty elaborate and is well worth the money.

[Image: xngu8LU.jpg]
[Image: FSdgl2k.jpg]
[Image: e0H9mDP.jpg]

Nice nail polish too, making the gloves really unnecessary.

[Image: zbA5eSt.jpg]

The wig is a bit dry and frizzy but I've seen worse.

[Image: KNEfuS7.jpg]
[Image: W9C8HWd.jpg]

Overall, Nosferatu is a perfect addition as a member of the Freak Circus.

[Image: dvAbIKF.jpg]

Nosferatu is worthy of being the Freak Circus's "final boss"!  Happy

[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
Menacing elegance is an accurate description. This is one of the few Pullip family dolls that is genuinely somewhat scary looking.

Scary by design, that is. As opposed to, y'know, being a creepy doll with a giant head, which describes all Pullips.  Tongue
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(03-25-2019, 01:58 PM)davidd Wrote: Menacing elegance is an accurate description. This is one of the few Pullip family dolls that is genuinely somewhat scary looking.

Scary by design, that is. As opposed to, y'know, being a creepy doll with a giant head, which describes all Pullips.  Tongue

However, a certain Byul take first prize in the genuinely SCARY category:

[Image: GdNtk1X.jpg]

Byul Lilith is scarily awesome and she's now my #1 Dolly Grail.
I feel the same way about certain doll outfits, Kanrabat. A manual would sure be helpful sometimes!

Nosferatu looks super cool as he is, sans gloves and fangs. :3 I love his eyes.
<3
[Image: 49035651448_1fbe84a2fc_o_d.jpg]

(05-10-2019, 04:01 AM)*NatTheCat* Wrote: I feel the same way about certain doll outfits, Kanrabat. A manual would sure be helpful sometimes!

Nosferatu looks super cool as he is, sans gloves and fangs. :3 I love his eyes.

What's baffling in the manual thing is we always have one for how to assemble the display stand. It's just "put A in B" and that's it. As for the costume? TO HELL WITH YOU!
At least Dollfie Dream give serious and complete manuals.

Nosferatu is my second Taeyang and he's way more elaborate and "complete" than Taeyang Black Butler Sebastian 2.0. Nosferatu have a very romantic face-up while Sebastian is a littéral blank slate... But Sebastian will be "reborn" in a few months....   right
Groove's little instruction sheets are amusing. Every Pullip works the same way, and it's not hard... They could save paper and just put a little diagram on a box. Tongue. Bjd manuals are typically more useful. LOL.

And yeah, Kanrabat, Book of Circus Sebastian is a sorry excuse of a Taeyang. His face-up looks so generally awful it's shocking. I don't know who redesigned it, but they screwed up. The initial Sebastian releases really had something going for them. I wonder if there's anyone who actually appreciates the BOC Sebastian..?
The first Sebastian (butler version) came with four knives and four forks, the second (tutor version) came with a well-made outfit like the first and also unique glasses, and Book of Circus... came with a cheap silk suit and hat and stickers. And the worst faceup in Pullip anime collab history.

Comparing BOC Seb and Nosferatu is almost like comparing two entirely different doll brands. Tongue.
<3

Yup. BOC Sebastian is basically a MIO kit with a bonus suit.
And I'll use that to my advantage. Thank god mine was a cheap 50$ Sample.
(05-10-2019, 07:57 AM)*NatTheCat* Wrote: Groove's little instruction sheets are amusing.

"Hang the convexity" is one of my favorite phrases ever!  LOL
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Uhg I love his eye chips so much! He has even more pieces than Sebastian Teacher Version, which I didn't think was possible. I really love his shoes too. More taeyangs should have heels lol
That line sure sounds familiar, Davidd. LOL. Wonderful translations

And Goblin, I totally agree - one Taeyang comes with ironically quality platforms (outfit is otherwise spotty) that I love to pieces. yay. They look so good! Even the plastic low-heeled shoes look pretty good on them. I think the only ones I haven't 100% liked are Captain Hook's.
<3