Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 67 theme announced
Welcome to the announcement thread for Round 67.  Thanks to everyone who submitted a photo entry for Round 66, and/or took the time to vote.  Congratulations to **NatTheCat** & Alliecat for submitting entries that left us all split on which one we liked better!  

I’ve been told that the theme for  Round 67 is  DUEL!

***Please be sure your photo entry is approximately 500 x 375 pixels***

You may submit your entries to me via PM or e-mail. The deadline is 0:00 HST, July 22, 2019 

I prefer PMs, but if you are having trouble sending those, you may e-mail me. My address is as follows--just leave out the spaces between the @ sign.

justlikewasabi @ gmail.com

If you have a title for your photo, be sure to list it. It'll be just called the lackluster and uninspired "Untitled" when I post it in the voting thread otherwise. 

Unsure about the deadline? Here is a list of the equivalent times in a bunch of other places. Simply find the city geographically closest to your locale and use that as your submission deadline. (For what it's worth, I'm not a stickler for absolute deadlines--so let's just say if your photo is in my inbox when I get around to creating the voting thread, it'll get posted).

*Anchorage (USA-Alaska)--Monday, July 22, 2019 at 2:00am
*Los Angeles (USA-California)--Monday, July 22, 2019 at 3:00am
*Edmonton (Canada-Alberta)--Monday, July 22, 2019 at 4:00am
*Chicago (USA-Illinois)--Monday, July 22, 2019 at 5:00am
*New York (USA-New York)--Monday, July 22, 2019  at 6:00am
*Halifax (Canada-Nova Scotia)--Monday, July 22, 2019 at 7:00am
*London (United Kingdom- England)-- July 22, 2019 at 11:00am
*Adelaide (Australia-South Australia)--July 22, 2019 at 8:00pm
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
Oh, now that's interesting. >smile
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
I thought I had 2 less days than I did! Sent "early" then.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I feel like I need a mini semi truck and a So Cal desert highway...
(07-19-2019, 02:15 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I feel like I need a mini semi truck and a So Cal desert highway...

LOL LOL LOL  YES!!! That was my first thought on seeing the theme, but you figured out how to phrase an amusing response!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I just might be able to pull that scenario off.
Thanks, Alliecat--received your entry.

But we need more!

smile
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
We’ve got plans to do ours today - providing the weather behaves for Elfy’s.
Mine will be done regardless as it’s easy to change to indoors.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Sent an entry in. I hope there are a few in there.
And done & sent!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Sent mine.

One complain though. I wish the picture sizes could be increased to at least 640 X 480.
500 X 375 is too damn small.
(07-22-2019, 12:25 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: Sent mine.

One complain though. I wish the picture sizes could be increased to at least 640 X 480.

I usually send in 600x800 and they work fine. I think those numbers were based on an earlier incarnation of the forum software from years back.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(07-22-2019, 02:21 AM)davidd Wrote:
(07-22-2019, 12:25 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: Sent mine.

I usually send in 600x800 and they work fine. I think those numbers were based on an earlier incarnation of the forum software from years back.

So the rules should be updated.
Sending a higher res picture just in case.
Missed my chance to do one today. sad And I had several different ideas.