Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Day 1

[Image: 4def23e89e1b01a97915b8fdc84a6849.jpg]
“What are you doing?”
“Having a hangover...?”

[Image: dce97c0746096ebcbf88635cc1e8d516.jpg]
"Well then, get your lovely selves a keg of bloody mary and OFF WITH YOUR HANGOVER, I need you to get started with this year's challenge NOW!”
“We beg Your Majesty's pardon? We just finished a second one in a row!”

[Image: 6f5b2957b4287da4f78adbb05ca56f2d.jpg]
“And you're going to finish a third one in a row. This is a leap year, people! Completing this on a leap year is special! Look, I already have a poster!”

[Image: dbf884d9cffeb65ecb0b5d44e9a4e64a.jpg]
“And there's blood on it... Again…”

[Image: 026710e0600cd2f4b13899a6380e6717.jpg]
“ ...What blood.”
“...Nevermind…”
“Any other questions?”
“...No…”

[Image: 689284d3ed9f591c56cbe91bf545fa44.jpg]
“Wise choice. NOW GET TO WORK!”

[Image: c53d2ca1a5587108c2a00ecf47734689.jpg]

Welcome to ADAD 2020!
Well, Her Insane Majesty has given her orders.

Here's to another year!
LOL! Love the extra day advertisement smile
What a remarkable kick-off to the new season! With a "bonus" extra day!

Her Royalness seems disinclined to accept anything less than 365... no, 366 days of superlatively creative efforts this time around.

Of course, any post that features Her Magnificence will be, by default, superlative.

(Blood? I didn't see any blood!)

((Uhm... about that Other Forum thing...??? ))
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Yay for an extra day this year.

Her Insane Majesty is very organised & wont let her minions get away with anything.
The MH crew look like they would have preferred to enjoy their hangover for a while longer LOL
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Her Insane Majesty has decreed. She made a poster and everything!
Haha. You have sure been busy with the gravestones and the posters. Her Majesty is wasting no time.
First photo made me think of a line from a TV show I just saw; "I am not hung over. ...I'm still drunk." LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thank you very much, everyone!

Day 2

Writing single digit next to 'Day' feels so weird...

I mentioned in the 2020 plans thread that I wanted to share mine in my ADAD thread. Today is Motivation and Inspiration Day, so this is perfect time to post my plans. So here we go. It's a to-do list of sorts, but I don't like to-do lists, so I call it 'shenanigary wishlist' instead. I still won't go to too much detail, though, I'd jinx myself.

[Image: 91a494c33ddf4c90e8a18ee05225dd57.jpg]
  • Sewing, sewing and more sewing! Remei needs more clothes, some of my other dolls need replacement clothes, my Withdoll will need something once she has a face... I want to participate in monthly sewing themes at Den of Angels (not all of them, though)... Yeah. Lots of sewing!
  • Do more artsy-fartsy stuff. I want to get better at drawing, and I have a little plan for how to use it to help myself with ADAD
  • Get another resin BJD in MSD size. Withdoll needs a friend!
  • Get a resin SD-sized doll - I may or may not have already started working on this one (Edit - I didn't word it well, I meant these two. The MSD one is also already in the process). Which may or may not be the reason I have no money for face-up supplies. Which brings me to...
  • Face-ups! By the end of 2020, all face-less dolls must no longer be face-less!
  • Get another Lil' Fairy. Monty needs a friend in his size. He's friends with Orlok and all the other dolls, but I think he's feeling a bit lonely, being my only 1/12 doll...
  • Shell at least one Oddwickshire character
And stick to this challenge, of course, but that goes without saying. So that's my evil plan for 2020. I also want to assure you that the tiny violin will make more appearances.

Here's a bonus photo:

[Image: 887ba1a7b139072b943c1aed58dce5c6.jpg]
Ah, it's wonderful to hear your 2020 plans. And Remi looks so beautiful in these photos. As if she's trying to win all your attention... Tongue
That is an ambitious "shenanigary wishlist" (most excellent word you've coined, there!), requiring actual skill, talent, and work! Best of luck! I'm sure you will succeed on all counts!

Did you write out your list in English for the benefit of the forum, or do you seamlessly shift between English and Czech when writing notes to yourself in your daily life?

Oh, and... Remei = Heart 2
That’s an excellent list of things to do this year. I look forward to seeing the items being ticked off in the next 12 months.

And Remei is always gorgeous.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
She's very pretty!
Good luck with the wishlist. I wrote out some stuff to do this year, kind of in a hurry, so I'm not sure how serious some of it will be. It sounds like a lot of your list derives from dolls needing friends! LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Great way to introduce your 2020 goals, and I love the bonus ‘hair flip’ pic.
(01-02-2020, 11:51 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Ah, it's wonderful to hear your 2020 plans. And Remi looks so beautiful in these photos. As if she's trying to win all your attention... Tongue

Thank you!!! Oh, no, she's not. She's the sweetest little thing, she 'lives' on my computer desk and she's always like "I'm here for you if you need to play or cheer up!". I just asked her to give me a striking pose for the photo smile

(01-03-2020, 03:41 AM)davidd Wrote: That is an ambitious "shenanigary wishlist" (most excellent word you've coined, there!), requiring actual skill, talent, and work! Best of luck! I'm sure you will succeed on all counts!

Did you write out your list in English for the benefit of the forum, or do you seamlessly shift between English and Czech when writing notes to yourself in your daily life?

Oh, and... Remei = Heart 2

Thank you! I must admit that 'shenanigary' isn't my invention, I stole it from someone else.

I wrote this specific list in English because I want to use it for ADAD - first now, then in December, all swooshed out! But sometimes I do use English in my personal notes, for example, I don't like Czech word for doll, 'panenka'. The original meaning of that word is 'young, cute girl' (it's not used that way anymore), and I understand why it also means doll, but aside from that, it also means pupil (in eyes) and pork tenderloin, of all things. I think that English 'doll' is the best word for, well, a doll. In my brain, it clicks with my mental image of what a doll is the most. Although I do like Polish 'lalka', too, it's a cute word. So I use 'doll' in my notes more often than 'panenka'.
Another case would be when I participate in anything that happens in English-speaking community, and I'm going to need to write those things in English anyways, so I can't be bothered with translating them just for my notes (like when challenges have themes, I don't translate the themes to Czech).

(01-03-2020, 08:25 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: That’s an excellent list of things to do this year.  I look forward to seeing the items being ticked off in the next 12 months.

And Remei is always gorgeous.

Thank you very much!

(01-03-2020, 11:02 AM)Alliecat Wrote: She's very pretty!
Good luck with the wishlist.  I wrote out some stuff to do this year, kind of in a hurry, so I'm not sure how serious some of it will be.  It sounds like a lot of your list derives from dolls needing friends!  LOL

Thank you! Yes, 'I don't have a hoarding problem, my doll just needs a friend' is how I get a lot of dolls LOL

(01-03-2020, 11:34 AM)Elfy Wrote: Great way to introduce your 2020 goals, and I love the bonus ‘hair flip’ pic.

Thank you!!!

Day 3

Reminiscence time! I'll be posting 2019 review pics for a few days (like I did last year). Starting with the first doll of 2019!

[Image: c897a444d4296285f5ea27b988c3df69.jpg]

I celebrated 10 years of doll-collecting in 2019, and I wanted to start the second decade in the hobby with a really special doll, so I got a Smart Doll. I couldn't be happier!

P.S.: werepuppy and davidd, you don't have to comment on my Dollieh Sanctuary thread, I'm probably going to abandon it at the end of January.
Another adorable Remei portrait! She is SO cute, and your photos capture that cuteness superbly!

I wish I had known that the Czech word for doll, panenka, also means 'pork tenderloin,' because it would have been amusing to title my ADAD topic "Pork Tenderloin a Day."

Uhm... if 'Stormlight' continues to post A Pork Tenderloin A Day at Dollieh Sanctuary, it would not be fair to bail out on her, would it? That said, it is a bit of a chore to post daily at both forums. I have already given up, myself, on also posting at Flickr, and I deleted the two or three "daily" pics I had already uploaded there. There's definitely not the level of interest at Dollieh Sanctuary as there is here. If we remain a group of only three commenting on one another's posts over there, then yes, I agree that there would be little point in continuing.

Dolls needing friends: will that ultimately include Remei?