Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(01-02-2020, 11:51 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Ah, it's wonderful to hear your 2020 plans. And Remi looks so beautiful in these photos. As if she's trying to win all your attention... Tongue

Thank you!!! Oh, no, she's not. She's the sweetest little thing, she 'lives' on my computer desk and she's always like "I'm here for you if you need to play or cheer up!". I just asked her to give me a striking pose for the photo smile

(01-03-2020, 03:41 AM)davidd Wrote: That is an ambitious "shenanigary wishlist" (most excellent word you've coined, there!), requiring actual skill, talent, and work! Best of luck! I'm sure you will succeed on all counts!

Did you write out your list in English for the benefit of the forum, or do you seamlessly shift between English and Czech when writing notes to yourself in your daily life?

Oh, and... Remei = Heart 2

Thank you! I must admit that 'shenanigary' isn't my invention, I stole it from someone else.

I wrote this specific list in English because I want to use it for ADAD - first now, then in December, all swooshed out! But sometimes I do use English in my personal notes, for example, I don't like Czech word for doll, 'panenka'. The original meaning of that word is 'young, cute girl' (it's not used that way anymore), and I understand why it also means doll, but aside from that, it also means pupil (in eyes) and pork tenderloin, of all things. I think that English 'doll' is the best word for, well, a doll. In my brain, it clicks with my mental image of what a doll is the most. Although I do like Polish 'lalka', too, it's a cute word. So I use 'doll' in my notes more often than 'panenka'.
Another case would be when I participate in anything that happens in English-speaking community, and I'm going to need to write those things in English anyways, so I can't be bothered with translating them just for my notes (like when challenges have themes, I don't translate the themes to Czech).

(01-03-2020, 08:25 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: That’s an excellent list of things to do this year.  I look forward to seeing the items being ticked off in the next 12 months.

And Remei is always gorgeous.

Thank you very much!

(01-03-2020, 11:02 AM)Alliecat Wrote: She's very pretty!
Good luck with the wishlist.  I wrote out some stuff to do this year, kind of in a hurry, so I'm not sure how serious some of it will be.  It sounds like a lot of your list derives from dolls needing friends!  LOL

Thank you! Yes, 'I don't have a hoarding problem, my doll just needs a friend' is how I get a lot of dolls LOL

(01-03-2020, 11:34 AM)Elfy Wrote: Great way to introduce your 2020 goals, and I love the bonus ‘hair flip’ pic.

Thank you!!!

Day 3

Reminiscence time! I'll be posting 2019 review pics for a few days (like I did last year). Starting with the first doll of 2019!

[Image: c897a444d4296285f5ea27b988c3df69.jpg]

I celebrated 10 years of doll-collecting in 2019, and I wanted to start the second decade in the hobby with a really special doll, so I got a Smart Doll. I couldn't be happier!

P.S.: werepuppy and davidd, you don't have to comment on my Dollieh Sanctuary thread, I'm probably going to abandon it at the end of January.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 01-03-2020, 11:07 PM