Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(01-04-2020, 09:35 AM)davidd Wrote: Another adorable Remei portrait! She is SO cute, and your photos capture that cuteness superbly!

I wish I had known that the Czech word for doll, panenka, also means 'pork tenderloin,' because it would have been amusing to title my ADAD topic "Pork Tenderloin a Day."

Uhm... if 'Stormlight' continues to post A Pork Tenderloin A Day at Dollieh Sanctuary, it would not be fair to bail out on her, would it? That said, it is a bit of a chore to post daily at both forums. I have already given up, myself, on also posting at Flickr, and I deleted the two or three "daily" pics I had already uploaded there. There's definitely not the level of interest at Dollieh Sanctuary as there is here. If we remain a group of only three commenting on one another's posts over there, then yes, I agree that there would be little point in continuing.

Dolls needing friends: will that ultimately include Remei?

Thank you very much!

Noooo! LOLLOLLOL I mean, it's a very fine piece of meat, but dolls and pork just... don't mix. LOL  But yeah, if you said 'a doll a day' in Czech ('panenka denně' or 'panenka každý den'), it coud be both a doll and a diet challenge...

Oh, I'm not going to bail out on anyone, I'll still be there to comment on everyone's challenge threads, but... My thread is the only one of daily/weekly challenges that doesn't get any comments from 'locals', the only people commenting are you and werepuppy. That kinda stings, to be perfectly honest, and it makes me feel a bit... unweclome? Is that a word? With the first posts, I didn't mind so much, because they heavily depended on context, but pics of a cute Smart Doll don't... Same thing happened with my 1/6 photo thread, although maywong did comment a few times, it ended up being just you and werepuppy.
Now, I have waaaay too much migraine to deal with to get all butthurt on top of that, but the only thing I'm achieving by this is that I force the three of us to post the same thing twice, and I don't think there's anything to be gained by doing that...

Oh, I never suffered from Just This One Syndrom. With all my dolls, I knew there will be more of them, I often start by getting multiple at once, if finances allow it. So I'm definitely going to get more Smart Dolls - one of each color, plus one with port wine stain, plus, hopefully, the boys, and then we'll see. I'm not sure if I'll be getting one this year, since I'm riding the resin wave right now, which is where all my dolly money went - I have two BJDs on order. One is 1/3 sized, so Remei won't be alone in that size anymore.

(01-04-2020, 10:03 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw, Remei is so sweet.

Pork tenderloin made me laugh!

Thank you!!! smile

(01-04-2020, 10:52 AM)Elfy Wrote: Remei is such a cutie. She’s almost childlike in her innocence.

Thanks! Her sweet, constantly happy face always helps me recharge my mental batteries.

(01-04-2020, 10:52 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Very pretty portrait.  Yay for 10 years of collecting smile

Thank you!!!

Day 4

This should be 'the last doll of the year' post, but I got five dolls last year, and three of them arrived the same day and also ended up being the last ones, so it's kinda ridiculous... Oh well, whateverz!

[Image: 6a02745f888030aae97eb8f3506fbfe8.jpg]
"You know, if you crouched or kneeled down, you would fit into the shot."
"Or you could lift us up..."
"Um... No, thanks, I prefer not to show myself too much right now. We'll take another one when I have face. And hair. And eyes. And clothes... And maybe some shoes."

Poor Withdoll Emma is still blank. At first, I was incredibly intimidated by the idea of doing her face up. I feel like tackling that one now, but I have no money to get the supplies after buying two more BJDs, so I have to save up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 01-04-2020, 09:50 PM